Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball 2020-2021: Uncertainty Galore!

Re: NCAA Basketball 2020-2021: Uncertainty Galore!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Arch Madness has always been one of the best tournaments out there.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-20-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

2021 NCAA Tournament contender tiers: Odds for the 15 teams with a realistic shot at winning the Big Dance

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...the-big-dance/
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    2021 NCAA Tournament contender tiers: Odds for the 15 teams with a realistic shot at winning the Big Dance

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...the-big-dance/
    They misspelled "Kentucky" in that article.

Looks like Gonzaga won't get to beat Tennessee as Tennessee is shutting it down for Covid. I suppose it's probably too late for a comparable opponent to be found.

I see WV stepped up to play the Zags next week. That should be a whale of a ballgame.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-25-2020)

I see WV stepped up to play the Zags next week. That should be a whale of a ballgame.
    Might be a better test than UT.

They don’t have the little numbers next to their team names, but Western Kentucky v Northern Iowa is a top 25 matchup happening right now.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-25-2020)

- California Baptist was tied with USC at halftime...just beginning 2nd half. California Baptist ?

- Georgia Tech is down by 11 in the 2nd half to Georgia State....this has to be the Josh Pastner farewell tour this season?

- Drake beat Kansas State by 10 points....KState is going to have a rough year.

- St. Johns barely escapes with a 1 point win against Saint Peters. Saint Peters?

- #18 Arizona State barely escaped with win against Rhode Island...

- Best news of the day...St. Francis beats Pitt by 10 points!
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

very interested in Gonzaga vs. Kansas tomorrow....
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Good to have college basketball back, however changed it is.

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-26-2020)

San Diego State is pulling away from #22 UCLA....up 17 with less than 2 minutes in game.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    - California Baptist was tied with USC at halftime...just beginning 2nd half. California Baptist ?

- Georgia Tech is down by 11 in the 2nd half to Georgia State....this has to be the Josh Pastner farewell tour this season?

- Drake beat Kansas State by 10 points....KState is going to have a rough year.

- St. Johns barely escapes with a 1 point win against Saint Peters. Saint Peters?

- #18 Arizona State barely escaped with win against Rhode Island...

- Best news of the day...St. Francis beats Pitt by 10 points!
    Rhode Island is a solid team. They always play the p5 schools tough.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Rhode Island is a solid team. They always play the p5 schools tough.
    I agree, and this early in the year we do not really know which teams are good and bad. I recall when Harrick went to URI after exiting UCLA and nabbed Lamar Odem. I was sure Lamar Odem was going to be a Hall of Famer. A team like Rhode Island could go on to win 20 games this year and the close game means nothing, or Rhode Island could win 6 games, and the close game may be more meaningful. Last season, WVU maintained solid KenPom rankings even when they hit a rough patch mid season and many fans complained.....but it was because they banked a lot of "quality" wins early that were not sexy such as Northern Iowa, Rhode Island, Northern Colorado, Wichita State, Boston U, etc. Many of these mid-level teams won a lot of games and were projected to be tournament teams. At first glance, fans did not notice because most fans do not follow these teams. WVU was #1 in RPI for much of the year....it was meaningless last season, but Huggins was a master of manipulating the schedule for RPI effect.

Also, per Kenpom, the UCLA loss was not a big upset...and why would UCLA open their season on the road @ San Diego State U?
    Last edited by adkindo; 11-26-2020 at 10:32 AM.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Gonzaga throttling Kansas is a nice start to the season.

Gonzaga throttling Kansas is a nice start to the season.
    Gonzaga clearly appeared to be the better team, but I would not be sick if I was a Kansas fan. Kansas showed a ton of fight in that game, and closed the gap multiple times. That is something that can easily be built on if that effort/heart is being shown early in the season. That 12 point difference can be erased by tournament time if Kansas can progress more than Gonzaga. All that said, Gonzaga looked like a very strong team, especially this early in the season....which I guess should be expected since they returned nearly the entire team from last season. I am excited and nervous about our upcoming game against Gonzaga because clearly if WVU has a bad night, the score could get ugly quick.....but I do not think they can drop a hundred on us, and I still expect to win that game.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?