Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball 2020-2021: Uncertainty Galore!

NCAA Basketball 2020-2021: Uncertainty Galore!

Can we just please give Kansas the death penalty?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...regious-severe
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NCAA Basketball 2020-2021: Uncertainty Galore!

I have been telling people for years....it is likely the dirtiest program in the country. There is "smoke" around that program every year, and it seems like everyone just looks the other way.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Can we just please give Kansas the death penalty?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...regious-severe
    Honestly, what do you think they will get?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Honestly, what do you think they will get?
    Before that report came out, a slap on the wrist.

Now I’m not so sure.

I think the NCAA will stop short of the death penalty because it’s Kansas but that also depends on how KU cooperates (which it doesn’t look like they are going to).

Also think Bill Self gets a season long suspension. I think had the Coronavirus not happened he would have bolted to the NBA after the season. KU might cut him loose aka the Astros with Luhnow and Hinch after the punishment is announced.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Before that report came out, a slap on the wrist.

Now I’m not so sure.

I think the NCAA will stop short of the death penalty because it’s Kansas but that also depends on how KU cooperates (which it doesn’t look like they are going to).

Also think Bill Self gets a season long suspension. I think had the Coronavirus not happened he would have bolted to the NBA after the season. KU might cut him loose aka the Astros with Luhnow and Hinch after the punishment is announced.
    I hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I hope you are right.
    I would not hold my breath for that type of punishment....If I had to bet money, I would lean towards something like a 3 year probation (1 year of post season ban, and maybe 1 or 2 years of a lost scholarship).....and Self gets a 10 game (basically noncon) game suspension. Also, Wichita State will get a 5 year post season ban for not preventing an in state school from breaking the rules.

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (05-09-2020)

Zion Williamson’s former marketing agent has served requests for admission in their lawsuit asking him to admit that he received “money, benefits, favors or other things of value” to attend Duke University and to wear and/or use Nike and Adidas.

Wow. That escalated quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I would not hold my breath for that type of punishment....If I had to bet money, I would lean towards something like a 3 year probation (1 year of post season ban, and maybe 1 or 2 years of a lost scholarship).....and Self gets a 10 game (basically noncon) game suspension. Also, Wichita State will get a 5 year post season ban for not preventing an in state school from breaking the rules.
    If they were cooperating, I could see that being the punishment.

I can understand Louisville pushing back on theirs. They’ve made the changes in getting rid of Pitino and Turtleneck Tom and have worked at cleaning up the image there. Kansas not so much.

Curious to see what Auburn gets as well.

I feel like everyone knows that Zion and/or his family was compensated to attend Duke.....but what I find interesting is the allegation that Duke or people closely and directly related to Duke compensated him and/or his family. That would be huge, and very shocking that Duke would allow there to be any direct connection. I would have guessed too sloppy for Duke.

Duke ans Kansas are filthy, but lets not forget Louisville, LSU and North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by UKWhoDey View Post
    Duke ans Kansas are filthy, but lets not forget Louisville, LSU and North Carolina
    Duke is the ivory tower. Nothing will stick to them. Remember Calipari ruined college basketball with one and done players but when Coach K did it he was a “trailblazer”. They’ve had Corey Magette, Marvin Bagley, and now Zion and the NCAA turns a blind eye to it like they did UNC and the diploma mill.

Kansas is staring down sanctions and deserves what they get. Louisville has paid the price already and I say that as a Kentucky fan. LSU, USC, and Arizona should be nervous.

What concerns me is two programs with ties to the corruption scandal have two of the top recruits in the nation coming in next year, Oklahoma State with Cade Cunningham and USC with Evan Mobley.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I feel like everyone knows that Zion and/or his family was compensated to attend Duke.....but what I find interesting is the allegation that Duke or people closely and directly related to Duke compensated him and/or his family. That would be huge, and very shocking that Duke would allow there to be any direct connection. I would have guessed too sloppy for Duke.
    The corruption scandal should have been a major red flag for anybody recruiting Zion, but if you have the opportunity to land a player (and overall recruiting class) of that magnitude you take it. That team losing i think was on par with the 2010 Kentucky team that lost to WVU.

Still, I was pissed when Kentucky lost Zion to Duke (honestly thought he was going to Clemson), but looking back on it I’m glad Duke gets the fallout from this one. Since it’s Duke though it will likely get swept under the rug.

I think it makes a big difference for Duke if payments are linked back to Duke related sources.....sources that the school and/or Coach K would have a hard time pretending not to know.....I think that would really tarnish his and the schools reputation because they adamantly denied multiple times. If it was all Nike/Adidas related, then Duke and Coach K will likely be able to play dumb.

NCAA changes their NET formula....have a feeling they will find a way to benefit Duke, Kansas, UNC and Kentucky....probably not too pleased at some of the non Blue Bloods having such high NET scores last season.

Turn Off Ads?