Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball 2020-2021: Uncertainty Galore!

Re: NCAA Basketball 2020-2021: Uncertainty Galore!

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I hope they can find a way to make this season, and especially the tournament happen. I miss college hoops. Been so long I don't even remember any of the players or who is good and whatnot.
    It begins next Wednesday....less than 10 days away!
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Likes:

Stray (11-19-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

It appea⁰rs that the NCAA tournament will take place in Indianapolis- every game.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...pionship-sites
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It appea⁰rs that the NCAA tournament will take place in Indianapolis- every game.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...pionship-sites
    Makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is trying to squeeze the tournament into March. Teams are going to be lucky to play any non-conference games at this rate. Give people the month of March to make up postponed conference games or pick up some more non-conference and then play the tournament in April.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I hope he stays in state, but with schools like Indiana, and it is rumored that UK and UNC are about to offer.....I do not feel secure at all. The last place I resided in WV was Putnam County, and Lexington is probably a shorter drive than Morgantown. I am just trying to put myself in the kids shoes....If Cal says, "I think you could be the next Tyler Herro in my system"....how does a kid say no to that? I think this one would hurt because as you know, it is not every year WV has a legit born and raised blue chip recruit in basketball. There will always be a couple from the private schools (basketball factories) where the kid just moved there to play basketball for a year or two.....but rarely in the public school system.
    That’s why I mentioned Herro. He was a local product who played for a school that beat Kentucky in the tournament and should have locked down its hometown talent.

One of the players from that team (Nigel Hayes) told Herro to go to Kentucky because he knew that Gards offense would limit him while playing under Cal would get him to the NBA.

Malik Monk is a similar story and his brother pushed him to spurn Arkansas for Kentucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is trying to squeeze the tournament into March. Teams are going to be lucky to play any non-conference games at this rate. Give people the month of March to make up postponed conference games or pick up some more non-conference and then play the tournament in April.
    uhh, because it is March Madness.....can't have March Madness in April. This guy.....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

uhh, because it is March Madness.....can't have March Madness in April. This guy.....
    April Absurdity?

9. Likes:

adkindo (11-16-2020),Revering4Blue (11-16-2020)

April Absurdity

Edit: BZ, you beat me.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

11. Likes:

adkindo (11-16-2020),Revering4Blue (11-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    April Absurdity

Edit: BZ, you beat me.
    I'm just amazed that we'd both come up with the same idea.

I just can't wait until it is back to normal....because it should be in March, and there should be regions, and thousands of crazy fans praying their team can make it one more round in each of those facilities. There should be tears of joy and tears of heartbreak....we need Cinderella's. It is a great even that creates feelings unlike any other event in American sports. That first Thursday morning, sports fans in every corner of the country are imagining their team winning it all as they look over their bracket for the 131st time. Once we get it back in its traditional form, I will not take it for granted anytime soon.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Greggg Marshall has officially resigned from Wichita State. He will get $7.75M paid out over 6 years.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ns/6324786002/
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

That's a pretty nice deal for Marshall, and it should also free up enough cash to let WSU attract a good replacement. I think Matta would be a mistake, though.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    That's a pretty nice deal for Marshall, and it should also free up enough cash to let WSU attract a good replacement. I think Matta would be a mistake, though.
    Hows about Dane Fife?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Hows about Dane Fife?
    The ugly record at IPFW doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. Someone should give him another shot, but I think he'll need to aim a bit lower to start again.

Northern Iowa replaces TA&M in the Crossover Classic. This thing is one fumes....I would think WVU may should pull out, but if things break right we would still get a chance to play Memphis and Creighton.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The ugly record at IPFW doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. Someone should give him another shot, but I think he'll need to aim a bit lower to start again.
    To be fair, Fife's IPFW tenure coincided with the program's transition into Division 1. That said, I suspect the next WSU coach to be one successful running a program in a conference below AAC - someone like Porter Moser.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?