Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball 2020-2021: Uncertainty Galore!

Re: NCAA Basketball 2020-2021: Uncertainty Galore!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Could Howard be the next Gonzaga?
    No, but perhaps the next Davidson for a year.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    No, but perhaps the next Davidson for a year.
    We shall see, Maybe "Howard" will be the cool place to go.

I give NCAA basketball a 30 times greater chance of completing a season over either NCAA football or NFL football (unless the NFL is willing to begin their season in December or later).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I give NCAA basketball a 30 times greater chance of completing a season over either NCAA football or NFL football (unless the NFL is willing to begin their season in December or later).
    I hope so....national media does not recognize how good my guys should be this year....

Erik Martin
    @CoachEMartinWVU

I couldn’t be more excited about workouts tomorrow. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. It’s been 4 months since I was with my family/team, and this could be the most talented team we’ve had at WVU in my 13 years here. National Championship or Bust! Let’s get it!!!!!

8:20 PM · Jul 19, 2020
    Celebrating 50 in Our House!
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

If you can't trust Dickie V, then who can you trust?!?!

Dick Vitale
    @DickieV

A hoops team that will be a major factor on the national scene & in the @Big12Conference will be @CoachHuggs‘s @WVUhoops as with Derek Culver & Oscar Tshiebwe giving them a strong inside duo. Also on another note y isn’t Bob Huggins not in the @Hoophall HOF ?

2:15 PM · Jul 26, 2020
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

New NCAA documents acquired by ESPN show LSU's Will Wade offered "impermissible benefits" to at least 11 recruits.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ecruits-others

Let's see how one of the country's most unscrupulous and incompetent organizations handles these incredibly obvious infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    New NCAA documents acquired by ESPN show LSU's Will Wade offered "impermissible benefits" to at least 11 recruits.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ecruits-others

Let's see how one of the country's most unscrupulous and incompetent organizations handles these incredibly obvious infractions.
    That’s a lot of strong-donkey (censored for Redszone) offers.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

9. Likes:

BillDoran (08-26-2020),Bourgeois Zee (08-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    After North Carolina, nothing the NCAA does surprises me.

Blatantly, obviously corrupt at the highest level.

So of course LSU will skate.

The ACC coaches - led by Coach K - are submitting a proposal for an all inclusive 2021 NCAA tournament for Division I.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...division-teams
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The ACC coaches - led by Coach K - are submitting a proposal for an all inclusive 2021 NCAA tournament for Division I.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...division-teams
    nah...I want my 68 team tournament back next year.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

No plans to expand men's basketball tournament in 2021 after ACC's all-in proposal, NCAA says

On Thursday, NCAA senior vice president of basketball Dan Gavitt said the organization is not considering a "contingency plan" to expand the tournament, a day after ACC men's basketball coaches, in a movement led by Duke's Mike Krzyzewski, proposed a field that would include every Division I team in the 2021 NCAA tournament after a Wednesday vote.
    honestly trying to figure out the ACC's angle here....there is always an angle. The ACC is supposed to have a down year overall, but they have had down years in the past....not sure they would cause them to try to recreate the tournament. Maybe they do not want to play non-conference teams, and are trying to force other teams to not play non-con games?
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    nah...I want my 68 team tournament back next year.
    I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it’s less.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I have seen some Kansas fans start to acknowledge they would be ok if Self left for the NBA if they could land Billy Donovan. Still do not see it, but I guess it would give Donovan a chance to work with a bigger salary cap.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I saw in ESPN's latest Way-Too-Early Top 25 they dropped WVU a spot to #18. I just want to reiterate they are out of their minds if they think there are 17 stronger rosters in the country. WVU has a Final Four contender level roster this season....easily the most talented roster since the 2010 Final Four team. Yes, I am extremely bias, but I am honestly at a loss on how they do not recognize the level of talent on this roster.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I saw in ESPN's latest Way-Too-Early Top 25 they dropped WVU a spot to #18. I just want to reiterate they are out of their minds if they think there are 17 stronger rosters in the country. WVU has a Final Four contender level roster this season....easily the most talented roster since the 2010 Final Four team. Yes, I am extremely bias, but I am honestly at a loss on how they do not recognize the level of talent on this roster.
    Because it’s WVU and they are never respected even if they are good.

Kentucky OTOH moved up to 5 with Olivier Sarr and Jacob (brother of Obi) Toppin gaining immediate eligibility. With only one returning starter who has been battling injury I think that is a bit generous for a team with no experience playing together.

Turn Off Ads?