Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball 2020-2021: Uncertainty Galore!

Re: NCAA Basketball 2020-2021: Uncertainty Galore!

Wichita St kind of strikes me as the UD of the prairie - I don’t see them having much of a problem attracting a good coach.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Wichita St kind of strikes me as the UD of the prairie
    Ugh, can't you just let me be a fan of my hometown team?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    If I'm a young coach, that's a spot I'm really interested in.
    The timing is going to really hurt them for this year though with the season two weeks away.

Isaac Brown will likely get a crack at it this season and who knows after that. Had this happened earlier they could have gotten a better coaching candidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    For all he accomplished at Wichita State, by the way, that is absolutely the SECOND best coaching stint of Gregg Marshall's career. His run at Winthrop was epic.
    so you are saying there are positives to player abuse?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

One less auto bid this year, Ivy League cancelled their season

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ay-sources-say

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    One less auto bid this year, Ivy League cancelled their season

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ay-sources-say
    History repeating itself I'm afraid. Recall that the Ivy League canceled their conference tournament about a week before everyone else last March. Wouldn't at all surprise me if they turn out to once again just be a week ahead of the other leagues.

History repeating itself I'm afraid. Recall that the Ivy League canceled their conference tournament about a week before everyone else last March. Wouldn't at all surprise me if they turn out to once again just be a week ahead of the other leagues.
    If I don't like what you're saying because it messes with my own selfish plans, does that mean I have to listen to good sense?

Because you're probably right...

There may be delays, there may be schedule changes, etc., but there will be some form of a season and especially an NCAA Tournament. At least that is what I have heard from some of the media guys that were most pro cancel everything last year. It is really about the tournament and the billion dollars that it generates....but they have to have some form of a season to have the tournament.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I think it gets cancelled and I think football conferences cancelling the rest of the season happens by first week of December. The positives are only going to increase. Half the SEC is shut down this weekend. The idea this is going to improve as the rest of the country continues its downward spiral is crazy. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see it.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think it gets cancelled and I think football conferences cancelling the rest of the season happens by first week of December. The positives are only going to increase. Half the SEC is shut down this weekend. The idea this is going to improve as the rest of the country continues its downward spiral is crazy. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see it.
    I would be interested to know what the numbers are for college bball players that have already had the virus. They have been getting tested often, and I think the last count I saw with WVU was 9 of the 15 guys on the roster have been confirmed to have already had the virus. If other teams are similar, that would go a long way to having a season.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

looks like some schools like Indiana and UK are sniffing around in the wrong backyard!

SG Isaac McKneely cuts list to eight
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I hope they can find a way to make this season, and especially the tournament happen. I miss college hoops. Been so long I don't even remember any of the players or who is good and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    looks like some schools like Indiana and UK are sniffing around in the wrong backyard!

UK hasn’t offered him (yet)

Speculation is he’s another Tyler Herro. Late bloomer his senior year. At least he hasn’t committed to WVU and given them the gut punch the way Herro did Wisconsin.

That said if I had to guess I’d say he goes to WVU. It’s harder to turn Huggy Bear down if you are a local kid.

BTW, Poca Dots is the best HS nickname in all of HS sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post

Boiler up!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    UK hasn’t offered him (yet)

Speculation is he’s another Tyler Herro. Late bloomer his senior year. At least he hasn’t committed to WVU and given them the gut punch the way Herro did Wisconsin.

That said if I had to guess I’d say he goes to WVU. It’s harder to turn Huggy Bear down if you are a local kid.

BTW, Poca Dots is the best HS nickname in all of HS sports.
    I hope he stays in state, but with schools like Indiana, and it is rumored that UK and UNC are about to offer.....I do not feel secure at all. The last place I resided in WV was Putnam County, and Lexington is probably a shorter drive than Morgantown. I am just trying to put myself in the kids shoes....If Cal says, "I think you could be the next Tyler Herro in my system"....how does a kid say no to that? I think this one would hurt because as you know, it is not every year WV has a legit born and raised blue chip recruit in basketball. There will always be a couple from the private schools (basketball factories) where the kid just moved there to play basketball for a year or two.....but rarely in the public school system.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?