Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery Murder

Re: Ahmaud Arbery Murder

This thread gets moved to the political section in 3...2...1...
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    This thread gets moved to the political section in 3...2...1...
    Where the same group of people who already have drawn their lines in the sand continue to rinse and repeat their known stances.

4. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (05-09-2020)

Fwiw, there is a second video that just came out: https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...0k9cr80R7CTnL/

Before anyone call me a flaming racist or anything, I'm just the messenger. I'm not in any way defending these three guys.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Shorts, t shirt, running shoes, daylight, known HS athlete, consistent runner.

Obviously not out exercising eh?
    Consistent pace
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Fwiw, there is a second video that just came out: https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...0k9cr80R7CTnL/

Before anyone call me a flaming racist or anything, I'm just the messenger. I'm not in any way defending these three guys.
    I've walked into unbuilt homes to check them out my whole life, if there's not a fence around it and no equipment it's pretty much just a lookee see moment.

Then again I'm not a person of color in Waycross

8. Likes:

757690 (05-09-2020),Redsfaithful (05-10-2020),Rojo (05-11-2020)

I've walked into unbuilt homes to check them out my whole life, if there's not a fence around it and no equipment it's pretty much just a lookee see moment.

Not banging on anybody here, but that's White Privilege. People of color can't afford to think that way. They get killed for it.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

10. Likes:

919191 (05-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Not banging on anybody here, but that's White Privilege. People of color can't afford to think that way. They get killed for it.
    Totally agree

12. Likes:

919191 (05-15-2020),Todd Gack (05-09-2020)

Checking out home construction sites was a hobby for my friends and I back in high school. Sometimes we would bring beers and hang out in some of the more competed homes. People would see us, but no one ever reported anything. I wonder what is different about this case?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Again, I'm not defending these guys. Just saying there is a second video out there. For one thing, it seemed odd that someone would just be waiting for him in a truck and confront him. This actually makes it look like they jumped in the truck and drove in front of hm and confronted him. It makes them look even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Again, I'm not defending these guys. Just saying there is a second video out there. For one thing, it seemed odd that someone would just be waiting for him in a truck and confront him. This actually makes it look like they jumped in the truck and drove in front of hm and confronted him. It makes them look even worse.
    They did, the father (ex police) called the son and told him to get his gun and come over, then they drove after him and yelled for him to stop

Now if two guys were yelling at me to stop I’m not sure I’d be apt to comply either. It has all the markings of vigilante behavior

16. Likes:

RedsBaron (05-11-2020)

Shorts, t shirt, running shoes, daylight, known HS athlete, consistent runner.

Obviously not out exercising eh?
    I'm old enough to remember the last big national case(s) like this where the kid who was killed was presented as some angelic person. I'm just waiting for the background stories to come out regarding this case before the media

My guess is Billy Bob and Earl Joseph went completely full on COP MODE, decided to take matters into their own hands, murdered the kid, and the police covered it up. I don't think they set out to kill him, but things escalated and now here we are. IF that were true, they would've shot him earlier (or not even call 911) based on what's been reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I'm old enough to remember the last big national case(s) like this where the kid who was killed was presented as some angelic person. I'm just waiting for the background stories to come out regarding this case before the media

My guess is Billy Bob and Earl Joseph went completely full on COP MODE, decided to take matters into their own hands, murdered the kid, and the police covered it up. I don't think they set out to kill him, but things escalated and now here we are. IF that were true, they would've shot him earlier (or not even call 911) based on what's been reported.
    Skittles, f’ing Skittles

You watch too many bad movies

19. Likes:

Redsfaithful (05-10-2020),Rojo (05-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post

Ahmaud has a record, he was no angel. Doesn't matter, still murdered.

21. Likes:

RFS62 (05-09-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

A suspect in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery was involved in a previous investigation of him, recused prosecutor says

One of the men accused in the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery was involved in a previous prosecution of Arbery, according to a letter written by a prosecutor who has since recused himself from the case.

In an April 7 letter, Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney George Barnhill wrote that his son and the suspect, Gregory McMichael, helped with an earlier prosecution of Arbery when they both worked for the Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney's Office.
    While Gregory McMichael claimed Arbery looked like a suspect in a string of recent burglaries, Glynn County Police Lt. Cheri Bashlor told CNN this week just one automobile burglary in the neighborhood was reported when a 9 mm pistol was stolen January 1 from an unlocked truck outside the McMichaels' home.
    The owner of a home under construction near the scene of Arbery's February 23 shooting, listed as a victim in the police report, said his surveillance system captured a man who appeared to be Arbery "coming onto his property" on that day.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I've run many thousands of miles in my life, it would probably be sobering to consider all the things I've done while running that could have been an issue if I weren't white. All the places I've gone, the weird times of day. I've run late at night my whole life. When I was a student at Ohio State living in a dorm I used to move my car to the West Campus lots and run back the South Campus at like 2-3 in the morning all the time.

I put it down for awhile sometimes and then pick it back up, but running has been one of the best things in my life for mental health, and it hurts my heart thinking of how the freedom I've had with it isn't available to everyone.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

24. Likes:

919191 (05-15-2020),RedTeamGo! (05-10-2020)

Turn Off Ads?