Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Little RIPchard

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Little RIPchard

Little Richard, Founding Father of Rock Who Broke Musical Barriers, Dead at 87

Little Richard, a founding father of rock and roll whose fervent shrieks, flamboyant garb, and joyful, gender-bending persona embodied the spirit and sound of that new art form, died Saturday. He was 87. The musician’s son, Danny Jones Penniman, confirmed the pioneer’s death to Rolling Stone, but said the cause of death was unknown
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Little RIPchard

RIP Little Richard.

I think I know the cause of death:

He was 87
    RIP! Loved Little Richard!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

A-wop-bop-a-loo-bop-a-wop-bam-boom. That says it all.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 05-09-2020 at 03:44 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-09-2020),Larkin Fan (05-11-2020),RFS62 (05-10-2020)

If there was a Mount Rushmore of Rock, Little Richard would be on it with Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly and Elvis Presley. RIP
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-09-2020),Larkin Fan (05-11-2020),North (05-10-2020),RedsBaron (05-09-2020),RFS62 (05-10-2020)

So the last man standing of 1950s rock is Jerry Lee Lewis, who would have guessed that.

10. Likes:

M2 (05-10-2020)

Turn Off Ads?