Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19, Part 4 - what happens next?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: COVID-19, Part 4 - what happens next?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I disagree. These "anti-maskers" aren't going into people's houses and shouting at them. All of these people are willingly going out into public by their own accord. THey're a very loud, vocal, minority. I think you're really discrediting mankind in our country. Selfishness? I don't think so.
    Very selfish. It's selfishness that always finds a way to blame other people for the consequences of your actions. Well, selfishness and immaturity.

To take 75's analogy a bit further, if you're out driving, and you're speeding send running red lights, and you collide with me, it would be selfish and immature to blame me for being out on the road with you.

Now, that analogy fails a bit, because the state opened up so the hairdresser could operate. But people like you were the ones agitating to open, exposing all of us to the risk die to your impatience, impertinence, and immaturity.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would agree that if she was symptomatic, then she should be in trouble when she knowingly did it. Or hell, sue Great Clips for all I care. But I'm just saying that I go out in public assuming I'm probably going to get it at some point. But is this what we're going to do until the vaccine? Just post stories of random people across the country who infected others while at their job to try and fear monger everyone into a lockdown again?
    I don’t want a lock down. I want to fear monger people into taking more responsible steps to keep people safe. I’m sorry I’m a monster.

4. Likes:

757690 (05-23-2020),dabvu2498 (05-24-2020),Larkin Fan (05-23-2020),mth123 (05-23-2020),North (05-23-2020),westofyou (05-23-2020),Wonderful Monds (05-23-2020)

I would agree that if she was symptomatic, then she should be in trouble when she knowingly did it. Or hell, sue Great Clips for all I care. But I'm just saying that I go out in public assuming I'm probably going to get it at some point. But is this what we're going to do until the vaccine? Just post stories of random people across the country who infected others while at their job to try and fear monger everyone into a lockdown again?
    Did she actually infect anyone? I thought they said that because she was wearing a mask, she didn't. I mean, for all I know the cashier at Kroger could be infecting people, but she is doing God's work in selling Bud Light and Pall Malls, not something trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Did she actually infect anyone? I thought they said that because she was wearing a mask, she didn't. I mean, for all I know the cashier at Kroger could be infecting people, but she is doing God's work in selling Bud Light and Pall Malls, not something trivial.
    Unclear at this point they are tracking down everyone to test them. They said they hoped the masks stopped infections. That would actually be awesome if she was symptomatic and didn’t infect anyone just because she had a mask on, but I guess we will know if the next few days.

The same people that applaud the baker for not making cake for a gay couples wedding are the same people yelling at the baker for making them wear a mask in their store.

Madness

8. Likes:

dabvu2498 (05-24-2020),mth123 (05-23-2020),Redsfaithful (05-23-2020),RFS62 (05-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Gloves too? That's a new one. We don't have much of that here.

You in California? Maybe you can clear something up for me...I hear in S. Cal that you're allowed to walk on wet sand but not dry sand. What's the thinking behind that and how do do you get to the wet sand w/o first walking through the dry sand?

Gov Newsom is turning into Gov Moonbeam. All we need is the Dead Kennedy’s to write a follow up to California Uber Alles.
    Even before Covid19.

And yet, no one really drives the speed limit!
    Nearly everyone drive within the general traffic laws. Almost no one drives 55 in a school zone, and pretty much everyone obeys stop signs and traffic lights.

And that's what's happening with these stay at home orders. Most people are generally following them. Built into these regulations is that not everyone will follow them perfectly.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

So? Didn't all these people VOLUNTARILY go to her knowing they could contract it? And just because she "exposed" it doesn't mean they're all going to die. I know, I know. Each of those 91 could give it to 1 person who gives it another. . .and so on. But again, a lot of people don't care. No one's forcing these people to go out in public.
    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

12. Likes:

dabvu2498 (05-24-2020),Hypnotoad (05-23-2020),Kinsm (05-23-2020),Larkin Fan (05-24-2020),RFS62 (05-28-2020),westofyou (05-23-2020),WrongVerb (05-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
    She's lucky she didn't visit a construction site and go for a jog in the wrong neighborhood.

14. Likes:

dabvu2498 (05-24-2020),Hypnotoad (05-23-2020),ScotlandRed (05-23-2020),WrongVerb (05-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
    Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Nearly everyone drive within the general traffic laws. Almost no one drives 55 in a school zone, and pretty much everyone obeys stop signs and traffic lights.

And that's what's happening with these stay at home orders. Most people are generally following them. Built into these regulations is that not everyone will follow them perfectly.
    You don't have to go out in public if you're so scared. Do what you have to do to stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The same people that applaud the baker for not making cake for a gay couples wedding are the same people yelling at the baker for making them wear a mask in their store.

Madness
    The irony is thick on both sides of the coin.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 05-23-2020 at 07:23 PM.

I bet the tiny house crowd is having second thoughts.

18. Likes:

Boston Red (05-23-2020)

I certainly don't want to be locked down any longer, but I want to do my part to stop the spread of this thing so we can move on with our lives. Sometimes I wonder how these freedom-loving patriots who refuse to wear masks or be dealt with the slightest inconvenience would have reacted in the 1940s when they were handed ration cards, had price controls imposed, and asked to stay off the highways.

Of course we want people to get back to work and get the economy moving again, but the more we have this selfish "I'll do what I want because I live in a free country" attitude, the longer it's going to take and the more people are going to suffer.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

20. Likes:

mth123 (05-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I certainly don't want to be locked down any longer, but I want to do my part to stop the spread of this thing so we can move on with our lives. Sometimes I wonder how these freedom-loving patriots who refuse to wear masks or be dealt with the slightest inconvenience would have reacted in the 1940s when they were handed ration cards, had price controls imposed, and asked to stay off the highways.

Of course we want people to get back to work and get the economy moving again, but the more we have this selfish "I'll do what I want because I live in a free country" attitude, the longer it's going to take and the more people are going to suffer.
    Why do you use the label "freedom loving patriots"? I wouldn't categorize the folks that fill up the California beaches and the young folks crowding the bars that way. In fact, I try not to categorize people at all.

22. Likes:

westofyou (05-23-2020)

So? Didn't all these people VOLUNTARILY go to her knowing they could contract it? And just because she "exposed" it doesn't mean they're all going to die. I know, I know. Each of those 91 could give it to 1 person who gives it another. . .and so on. But again, a lot of people don't care. No one's forcing these people to go out in public.
    "They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into, I say 'let em crash'"
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

24. Likes:

WrongVerb (05-23-2020)

Turn Off Ads?