Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Covid Whiskey bargain: Canadian Club

Covid Whiskey bargain: Canadian Club

Between the low value of Canadian currency and the Covid restrictions, I have bought 1.75 liter bottles of Canadian Club 1858 for seventeen bucks local. It's quite smooth but doesn't have the snap of my beloved Jameson scotch. CC is a good drink.

There is a substantial tarriff on Scotch imports which is the correct thing to do. The European Union slaps on a 20% import tax on American vehicles going to Europe and we only apply a 2% import tax on European cars coming to America. It is just simply is not right.
    Last edited by North; 05-11-2020 at 02:18 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Covid Whiskey bargain: Canadian Club

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Between the low value of Canadian currency and the Covid restrictions, I have bought 1.75 liter bottles of Canadian Club 1858 for seventeen bucks local. It's quite smooth but doesn't have the snap of my beloved Jameson scotch. CC is a good drink.

There is a substantial tarriff on Scotch imports which is the correct thing to do. The European Union slaps on a 20% import tax on American vehicles going to Europe and we only apply a 2% import tax on European cars coming to America. It is just simply is not right.
    Jameson isn't scotch.

Re: Covid Whiskey bargain: Canadian Club

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Jameson isn't scotch.
    Okay. Irish whiskey and none for you. The price jumped regardless.

Booze consumption is on the rise:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...uring-lockdown

I am well-situated. My store is less than a mile away, and they sell liquor and wine and cold beer. AND they have special senior citizen hours. I sm doubly blessed.
    Last edited by North; 05-12-2020 at 01:26 AM.

5. Likes:

Rojo (05-12-2020)

Turn Off Ads?