Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Dance

Re: The Last Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Too one-sided against Krause, who is not around to defend himself, while granting Reinsdorf an undeserved free pass.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Reinsdorf didn’t get a free pass tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Reinsdorf didn’t get a free pass tonight.
    It's about time.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I have heard a couple first person accounts (claims) and many 2nd and 3rd person stories about his son Marcus while he was @ UCF....and none of them paint him as a solid dude. His other son transferred to UCF later, and I have heard he was much cooler and respectful of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    As for players being more vocal, I find it refreshing.
    That's cool. But I don't watch sports for their political views whether it be Aubrey Huff, Trevor Bauer, or Lebron James. The NBA, collectively as a whole, is so much worse than pretty much every other league and that's why they've lost a lot of fans. Get someone back who bring's back the demeanor of MJ and you'll have a better fanbase . . . .. again.

6. Likes:

jimbo (05-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    That's cool. But I don't watch sports for their political views whether it be Aubrey Huff, Trevor Bauer, or Lebron James. The NBA, collectively as a whole, is so much worse than pretty much every other league and that's why they've lost a lot of fans. Get someone back who bring's back the demeanor of MJ and you'll have a better fanbase . . . .. again.
    I do not mind if they have political views and even express them....just do not use your platform to "educate" me without consent. So if John Smith, sports superstar, wants to talk about his views, do not bring me to the table under the guise of being there to see Mr. Smith perform as a sports superstar. Just be transparent about the content that will be delivered up front. Also if Mr. Smith makes his political views known, especially if he trashes my beliefs in the process, do not complain when everyone does not just nod approvingly. Finally, if you want to take a position and be "brave"....take a position with substance and be educated on the facts...not talking points. Great, you are against gun violence.....bet you like puppy dogs also? Nobody supports gun violence!

For everyone that feels The Last Dance is propaganda and less than the full story.....wait until Lebron releases his multiple mini series about his greatness. They will challenge North Korea in the area of propaganda.

9. Likes:

jimbo (05-18-2020),Rdirtypirates (05-18-2020),Rojo Rijo (05-18-2020)

I don't follow the NBA too closely but I think by most measures, the NBA seems to be growing in popularity. Do you have stats that say otherwise?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

My only real issue with todays game vs. the way it was back then is that now there are frequently periods of time where even touching the ball handler results in a foul. The residual effects of this being more space for the offensive player to operate. A prime example of this is James Harden but there are many others.

I feel the same way about WRs vs. DBs in todays game, a big reason we've seen the scoring boom in football over the past 5-7 years. (Well that and the increased protection for QBs).

Totally agree with this.

I think it’s only refreshing when you agree with said political views. If an athlete had conservative viewpoints, it would be “killing their brand”.

Does anyone think less of Tom Brady and others for supporting Trump? I would have used Curt Schilling but he’s in a class by himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    This is pretty funny because nobody has complained about his drive to win.

I find Michael Jordan hysterical myself, if someone watching this isn't laughing at large portions of it then I have to wonder about them.

I love Jordan, but he's pretty clearly out there. Surprised that's a controversial statement, but I guess I shouldn't be, he's a sacred cow for so many people.

I have a lot of nostalgia for 90s sports because I was a kid then, and it certainly had a ton of great moments and stories, but it's all more interesting now.

Roid baseball, boring hacking low scoring basketball, golf mostly before Tiger Woods, tennis before Fed/Nadal, the NFL dominated by pretty boring teams like Dallas and Denver, give me sports now any day, and that includes Jordan vs. someone like Lebron.

I'll say too, dynasties like the Bulls are more interesting in hindsight, living through them is impressive but boring because of a lack of drama. That's a testament to them, but as a fan it's not ideal. The NBA has suffered from this a lot recently obviously.
    You know, I don't necessarily disagree with you. Jordan's psychological make up is exhausting and would be exhausting to be around. But his views on leadership and will to win are what everyone aspires to be but aren't necessarily healthy or feasible. His will to win is so great, it greatly affects the rest of his life. He just doesn't know how else to function in real life without some type of competition.

14. Likes:

Redsfaithful (05-18-2020),Revering4Blue (05-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Does anyone think less of Tom Brady and others for supporting Trump? I would have used Curt Schilling but he’s in a class by himself.
    Schilling has actually hurt himself yeah, Brady though I don't think people largely care.

This ended well. Really enjoyable. I'm going back and watching the OJ: Made In America documentary because I enjoyed this so much. It's heavier subject matter but so far it's probably even better.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Schilling has actually hurt himself yeah, Brady though I don't think people largely care.

This ended well. Really enjoyable. I'm going back and watching the OJ: Made In America documentary because I enjoyed this so much. It's heavier subject matter but so far it's probably even better.
    Is there really anything new to be learned from OJ? I think we all know what happened. He killed two people. He got off thanks to a high priced legal team (that were ultimately never paid in full), an outclassed prosecution team and a jury that sought to even the score on a history of bad results for blacks

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Is there really anything new to be learned from OJ? I think we all know what happened. He killed two people. He got off thanks to a high priced legal team (that were ultimately never paid in full), an outclassed prosecution team and a jury that sought to even the score on a history of bad results for blacks
    For sure, I thought I knew the story too and avoided it at the time for that reason. And largely, I do know many of the story beats, but it fills in around the edges and it's just very well done so I'm enjoying it so far. The archival footage in these makes them worth watching all on its own, for me at least.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

The NBA is doing great. It's become a 12-month league. If you're gone, it doesn't need you.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

The OJ documentary was better than MJ's IMO. And i LOVED the Bulls.

Turn Off Ads?