Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Last Dance

Re: The Last Dance

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The NBA is doing great. It's become a 12-month league. If you're gone, it doesn't need you.
    I don't think the NBA misses me either. I've never really been a fan in the last. . . . 10-15 years or so? I might watch some of the playoffs but never hardcore. I suppose I'm just a somewhat casual observer. I've become too busy to care about them and I care because I love baseball, NCAA/NFL football, and college basketball's product so much more. Of course, I think MLB's marketing is so crappy but I love the game itself.

Anyway, you're right that it doesn't need me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I don't think the NBA misses me either. I've never really been a fan in the last. . . . 10-15 years or so? I might watch some of the playoffs but never hardcore. I suppose I'm just a somewhat casual observer. I've become too busy to care about them and I care because I love baseball, NCAA/NFL football, and college basketball's product so much more. Of course, I think MLB's marketing is so crappy but I love the game itself.

Anyway, you're right that it doesn't need me.
    I went more than two decades without giving the NBA much attention. Then I noticed the game had opened up when the Warriors suddenly became the hottest thing on the planet and it was like, "They're playing basketball again? Sign me up."
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    The OJ documentary was better than MJ's IMO. And i LOVED the Bulls.
    There are multiple 30/30 that are far superior to The Last Dance, had it been 4-5 episodes it would have been much better.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Is there really anything new to be learned from OJ? I think we all know what happened. He killed two people. He got off thanks to a high priced legal team (that were ultimately never paid in full), an outclassed prosecution team and a jury that sought to even the score on a history of bad results for blacks
    I haven't seen the O.J. documentary yet but it is a fascinating subject. This inner city kid wins the Heisman at USC and becomes one of the most popular and beloved sports figures of the 70s. He used his popularity to be in movies and even years after he retired he was still popular. It certainly wasn't common knowledge that he was an abuser. Then the double murder happened and most everyone turned against him. As popular as he was in the 70s and 80s, he is reviled now and that won't change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    There are multiple 30/30 that are far superior to The Last Dance, had it been 4-5 episodes it would have been much better.
    The only 30/30s I’ve really watched prior to The Last Dance was One and Not Done (Calipari), Belichick-Parcells, and the Celtics-Lakers one.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'm going back and watching the OJ: Made In America documentary because I enjoyed this so much. It's heavier subject matter but so far it's probably even better.
    OJ: Made In America was really good.

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I went more than two decades without giving the NBA much attention. Then I noticed the game had opened up when the Warriors suddenly became the hottest thing on the planet and it was like, "They're playing basketball again? Sign me up."
    Fanboy

Catching up on these episodes. Jordan’s comment to Larry Bird after winning game 7 against the Pacers was priceless.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Catching up on these episodes. Jordan’s comment to Larry Bird after winning game 7 against the Pacers was priceless.
    yeah, that was great.....he really became fairly tight with Magic and Bird during the Dream Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Black Jesus is now a thing and not from Family Guy or Adult Swim.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    For everyone that feels The Last Dance is propaganda and less than the full story.....wait until Lebron releases his multiple mini series about his greatness. They will challenge North Korea in the area of propaganda.
    Jon Machota
    @jonmachota

LeBron James on @uninterrupted said he started training for football during the 2011 NBA lockout. His trainer kept telling him how great it would be for him to play for the Cowboys. “The thoughts came into my mind.” Jerry Jones sent him a contract. LBJ has it framed in his office

9:07 PM · May 18, 2020
    Someone was watching "The Last Dance"....dude is so thirsty.

15. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (05-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    This is pretty funny because nobody has complained about his drive to win.

I find Michael Jordan hysterical myself, if someone watching this isn't laughing at large portions of it then I have to wonder about them.

I love Jordan, but he's pretty clearly out there. Surprised that's a controversial statement, but I guess I shouldn't be, he's a sacred cow for so many people.

I have a lot of nostalgia for 90s sports because I was a kid then, and it certainly had a ton of great moments and stories, but it's all more interesting now.

Roid baseball, boring hacking low scoring basketball, golf mostly before Tiger Woods, tennis before Fed/Nadal, the NFL dominated by pretty boring teams like Dallas and Denver, give me sports now any day, and that includes Jordan vs. someone like Lebron.

I'll say too, dynasties like the Bulls are more interesting in hindsight, living through them is impressive but boring because of a lack of drama. That's a testament to them, but as a fan it's not ideal. The NBA has suffered from this a lot recently obviously.
    I’d love to hear a good argument why Dallas and Denver were “pretty boring” teams in the 90s. Not something you typically hear about teams with multiple SBs over a short period of time, especially ones with some of the most notable offensive players of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I’d love to hear a good argument why Dallas and Denver were “pretty boring” teams in the 90s. Not something you typically hear about teams with multiple SBs over a short period of time, especially ones with some of the most notable offensive players of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Elway's Broncos offenses were usually pretty boring.

Until the 4th quarter.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I haven't seen the O.J. documentary yet but it is a fascinating subject. This inner city kid wins the Heisman at USC and becomes one of the most popular and beloved sports figures of the 70s. He used his popularity to be in movies and even years after he retired he was still popular. It certainly wasn't common knowledge that he was an abuser. Then the double murder happened and most everyone turned against him. As popular as he was in the 70s and 80s, he is reviled now and that won't change.
    It's been common knowledge for 25 yrs that he's an abuser and a sociopath. Personally I'm disgusted that he got off and I don't care to relive that. They had so much evidence that it wasn't possible that anyone else could have done it or that he could have been framed. It was that overwhelming. I did learn new terms like jury nullification. I also learned that being a nice guy is not a good quality for a judge to have. Judge Ito's leadership and handling of that courtroom was abysmal.

What is it about the NBA that they need to constantly debate things like the best ever and the Mount Rushmore? After this show, that was the question of the day. Who's better, MJ or LeBron? I don't see this sort of thing in other sports. We don't debate the best of all time in MLB. Nor in the NFL, but ESPN and various sports talk shows love the subject of the GOAT of the NBA. It bores me

Turn Off Ads?