Turn Off Ads?
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
Results 1,006 to 1,013 of 1013

Thread: How you gonna baseball?

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: How you gonna baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    They can work for small paycut, as millions of Americans are also doing today who also happen to work for billionaires.
    That's......what they're doing.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-17-2020),marcshoe (06-17-2020),Tom Servo (06-17-2020),westofyou (06-17-2020),Wonderful Monds (06-17-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    When was the first pay cut? Why would they get paid for all those games they missed?.
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    I’m not taking sides on this debate, but I think this avoids the matter at issue.

Yes, the players have agreed to reduce salary pro rata - to account for reduction in games. They’ll only be paid for the games they play, yes.

But there is a question whether players should also “contribute” to the separate problem that no fans are being admitted to games causing a reduction in revenue for each game. That’s the issue, however one feels about it.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-17-2020 at 11:55 AM.

6. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-17-2020),mth123 (06-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    When was the first pay cut? Why would they get paid for all those games they missed?.
    They haven't got paid, they are accepting prorated salaries, IE less pay for less work.

If they work

I'm not taking a pay cut at my job, why is there an assumption that the whole world is taking a pay cut? Some people aren't working (Laid off, Furloughed) others are taking a pay cut (mostly high paid executives who have private non-union contracts)

Some got an increase (essential workers)

Who else is taking a pay cut?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    They haven't got paid, they are accepting prorated salaries, IE less pay for less work.

If they work

I'm not taking a pay cut at my job, why is there an assumption that the whole world is taking a pay cut? Some people aren't working (Laid off, Furloughed) others are taking a pay cut (mostly high paid executives who have private non-union contracts)

I'm totally for the player getting bear food prorated salary for the number of games played.
    Crazy Reds Fan

If they work

A lot of the rest of the country is accepting less pay for the same work or more work right now, which I believe is the point. So the players have contributed to the lost revenue on games not played, but they haven't contributed anything on the lost revenue of the games that will be played. I've not missed any work personally, but my compensation has been reduced. On top of that, staff size has been reduced and I'm actually picking up more work while taking that pay-cut.

Despite the rumors you might see in the broken media in the US, this is a world wide pandemic. Why should the players be exempt. I don't feel sorry for Billionaires, but I don't really feel sorry for a group whose minimum salary is about $600K either.

Both sides need to get this done.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

10. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-17-2020),Sea Ray (06-17-2020)

If they work

Didn't the players agree to prorate their salary based upon games played. In essence, they get 100% of their pay for the number of games played.

Many people I know of have either been furloughed or laid off. I don't know about a pay cut primary due to PPP. So yea, there are people feeling quite a bit of financial pain right now as well as questions about their job security.

I think the players have done a better job of negotiating to this point, but I think there is blame to go around on both sides.

12. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-17-2020),mth123 (06-17-2020)

We have hit a 1000 posts. I'll start a new thread.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?