Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: How you gonna baseball?

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: How you gonna baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Oh it will happen, it surely will
    That Scherzer statement sealed it for me. I'm on the side of the players in this, but at some point everybody needs to take off their rose-colored glasses when it comes to this sport. It's being dropped by TV providers left and right, and if RSNs end up figuring out how to pay their bills this year without baseball, that's all she wrote.

The richest people win, and they always do. The owners will win. Are the players going to risk their future earnings for the cause?
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm on no one's side, but I think playing 100 games starting on the 4th of July is a ridiculous idea that only the worst 12U travel baseball coach would seriously entertain. I am still trying to assume the two sides are not led by idiots and that there will be a reasonable compromise that will be reached somewhere in the middle ground between two very extreme proposals.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    That Scherzer statement sealed it for me. I'm on the side of the players in this, but at some point everybody needs to take off their rose-colored glasses when it comes to this sport. It's being dropped by TV providers left and right, and if RSNs end up figuring out how to pay their bills this year without baseball, that's all she wrote.

The richest people win, and they always do. The owners will win. Are the players going to risk their future earnings for the cause?
    I tend to dismiss most things said by a given player. Its not that they are inaccurate, its just a biases opinion based on one side of the story.

Its interesting that Bauer is mad at Boras and Boras reps Scherzer and Scherzer is speaking up in public. I don't know if any of that is connected or not.

All of this should have been hammered out behind closed doors, not millionaires and billionaires airing their grievances in the public.
    Last edited by bucksfan2; 05-28-2020 at 12:18 PM.

5. Likes:

Boss-Hog (05-28-2020),Edd Roush (05-28-2020),NebraskaRed (05-28-2020),Phoenix2 (05-28-2020),WildcatFan (05-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Oh it will happen, it surely will
    Not sure how one can believe this right now. Unless you mean in 2021 or 2022.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

nm

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Not sure how one can believe this right now. Unless you mean in 2021 or 2022.
    How? Having been through this before I don't get wrapped up in each press release by each side, they are all aware that there is no deadline, but you are inventing it in your head. It's a negotiation, it's ALWAYS contentious and full of strife you act as though the world will implode every time you empirically claim that there will be no season. You don't know that at all, you feel it.

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-28-2020),Rdirtypirates (05-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm on no one's side, but I think playing 100 games starting on the 4th of July is a ridiculous idea that only the worst 12U travel baseball coach would seriously entertain. I am still trying to assume the two sides are not led by idiots and that there will be a reasonable compromise that will be reached somewhere in the middle ground between two very extreme proposals.
    Does this 100 game plan include 7 inning games? If so, it's a non starter for me. That would make a mockery of the game and the record books

Meanwhile, baseball owners:

Mets, Reds and other teams are releasing minor leaguers today. “Literally a war zone out there,” one agent called it. @ByRobertMurray 1st mentioned mets releases
    What a joke.

12. Likes:

REDREAD (06-04-2020)

What a joke.
    As awful as this is, it's not "literally" a war zone, either.

14. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-28-2020),WildcatFan (05-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    As awful as this is, it's not "literally" a war zone, either.
    Oh who cares

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-28-2020)

Oh who cares
    Quite a lot of people, actually. You don't, cool, but don't think you speak for others.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

The A’s deciding to stop paying their minor leaguers to save 1 million dollars is one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen in sports.

19. Likes:

REDREAD (06-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Quite a lot of people, actually. You don't, cool, but don't think you speak for others.
    About the usage of the word literally being used in figurative instances? Who has time to get upset about this?

Anyways, as for the topic:

MLB literally sucks

About the usage of the word literally being used in figurative instances? Who has time to get upset about this?

Anyways, as for the topic:

MLB literally sucks
    You're getting upset over a game played with a ball and a stick.

What a joke.
    There's a blessing in disguise to this. Now those players can get unemployment and it will be more than what they made while playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?