Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: How you gonna baseball?

Re: How you gonna baseball?

Castellini needs to be a man and tell his other owners to get to work and make a deal. He won't because he, like most of the other owners, are lemmings. His fight isn't with the players, its with the Yankee ownership and the Cubs ownership and other big markets - but because he drinks with those guys behind closed doors, he'll never realize that.

And you don't own a team to make money each year, you make your money when you sell your team. If you buy a baseball team to get a yearly income, you're in the wrong business.

2. Likes:

RiverRat13 (06-06-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

If this season is cancelled, then we have a 2021 season followed by another work stoppage for a new CBA, would that be a fatal blow to MLB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

5. Likes:

REDREAD (06-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    If this season is cancelled, then we have a 2021 season followed by another work stoppage for a new CBA, would that be a fatal blow to MLB?

If this season is cancelled you might as well cancel 2021, because MLB will be done. I don't think the owners nor players realize how many fans are done with MLB if they can't figure this out.

7. Likes:

Phoenix2 (06-07-2020),REDREAD (06-08-2020)

I think the fans just need to boycott the game for at least 2 years. Drive them all into bankruptcy! Then start again with a fan driven game

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post

My hope is that if they don’t play this year, they spend the time working on the CBA negotiations so that they can avoid any further work stoppage.

But that’s just hope.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

If you want to boycott the game that's up to you.
    I'll always watch every game that I can and go to the ballpark whenever I get the chance.
    I guess that's just me though

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-07-2020),BoxingRed (06-08-2020),Chip R (06-08-2020),Edd Roush (06-06-2020),NebraskaRed (06-06-2020),RED VAN HOT (06-07-2020),Rolando (06-06-2020),Roy Tucker (06-06-2020),savafan (06-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I'll always watch every game that I can and go to the ballpark whenever I get the chance.
    It's me too. Why should I give up something I enjoy 'cause the folks are idiots? I have no misconceptions about what I'll watching. I get very disgusted with Thom and Chris when they gush about " a great guy" every couple innings but I do enjoy the game itself.

If they don't end up playing, I blame both sides equally

13. Likes:

Rolando (06-06-2020),Ron Madden (06-06-2020)

it's not just you. every one of us on here is a reds diehard i would imagine. this won't impact us. but any casual fan? they will be turned off big time by this. it will be like 1994-95, but on steroids (pun not intended). owners wanting to mitigate their losses this year better take into account how much the value of their teams will plummet if we don't have baseball this year.

15. Likes:

goldglover9 (06-06-2020),Phoenix2 (06-07-2020),Rolando (06-06-2020),Ron Madden (06-06-2020)

I’m the same way. Maybe I’m just part of the lunatic fringe. But I love the game. Love going to games, love watching the games, and love following the game overall. It resonates with my soul. Sure MLB owners and MLB players are idiots and are terrible at the PR game. But that’s pretty much true for any entertainment business. They are all varying degrees of prima donnas and egomaniacs. My eyes are open to these faults. But once the ump rolls the ball out to the mound, I pretty much forget all that.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

17. Likes:

NebraskaRed (06-06-2020),RedsBaron (06-06-2020),Ron Madden (06-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    They are all varying degrees of prima donnas and egomaniacs.
    Like ego donnas and primamaniacs?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Like ego donnas and primamaniacs?
    Sure. And you can throw in divas, narcissist, and self-aggrandizer.

I’m just tired of being mad about everything.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

20. Likes:

M2 (06-06-2020),RedsBaron (06-06-2020),Sea Ray (06-07-2020)

The Rangers’ new ballpark will never have a baseball game played in it

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    . owners wanting to mitigate their losses this year better take into account how much the value of their teams will plummet if we don't have baseball this year.
    And players sticking to their salary demands better take into account the future value of their skills and talents in a sport that becomes an afterthought with the loss of casual fans fed up with the off-field drama.

There are two sides to every labor dispute and this is no exception. No heroes here.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-06-2020 at 07:24 PM.

23. Likes:

Phoenix2 (06-07-2020),Rolando (06-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    The Rangers’ new ballpark will never have a baseball game played in it
    There is no chance that happens
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    it's not just you. every one of us on here is a reds diehard i would imagine. this won't impact us. but any casual fan? they will be turned off big time by this. it will be like 1994-95, but on steroids (pun not intended). owners wanting to mitigate their losses this year better take into account how much the value of their teams will plummet if we don't have baseball this year.
    The 94 strike hit about 20% of their in-game audience, within about 4 years nearly all had returned to the game (tv viewership was back much sooner).

This will be no different. In fact, the moment fans are allowed back in stadiums and a vaccine exists they'll flock to the games.

And the value of a team is not going to drop due to no baseball this year, there is still only 30 MLB teams - it's a monopoly.

Turn Off Ads?