Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2020 Red Sleeper?

2020 Red Sleeper?

Who's the one Red player few national or local media has talked about that you think may break out this season and provide real value?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2020 Red Sleeper?

I want to lean towards Josh Van Meter since I think he could be the next Neil Walker. But due to the infield depth, I'm going with Cody Reed instead.

4. Likes:

Griffey012 (05-18-2020),redsmetz (05-19-2020)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I think Nick Senzel is turning into a post-hype sleeper. Especially if we do have a DH this year, Senzel will get a ton of PT and a lot of fans seem to be sleeping on him due to the injuries he has sustained a played through the last couple years.

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-18-2020)

I'll go with Anthony Desclafani. I think if games are played he will post a sub 3 era.

8. Likes:

marcshoe (05-19-2020)

Given the shorter schedule, I'll be unconventional and say Joey Votto. Hopefully the extra off-season has helped his back and the short schedule will keep it form piling back up on him and he'll be able to swing freely without "adjusting" to take the pressure off. He's had some epic half seasons in his career. I wonder if this could be another one.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

10. Likes:

CaiGuy (05-18-2020),Edd Roush (05-18-2020),Ron Madden (05-18-2020)

Could be Freddie Galvis. The expectation is low. But he’s one of the few above average defenders, and plays a premium position.

If Freddie gets some timely hits and continues to show good power offensively, he’ll be appreciated as the season progresses.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-18-2020 at 01:38 PM.

12. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-18-2020)

Should be interesting to see how Bell manages this shorter season. It won’t be a marathon. More like an 800 meter race. Not as many days off for starters but then also, less patience with slumps.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

14. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-18-2020),North (05-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Should be interesting to see how Bell manages this shorter season. It won’t be a marathon. More like an 800 meter race. Not as many days off for starters but then also, less patience with slumps.
    One thing I'd like to see, especially with a full 30-man roster, is to platoon at nearly every advantage.

If Bell decides that he needs to rest his players, I'd much prefer he rest nearly all of them in the same game. That would seem the smarter play.

As for my sleeper, I think Lucas Sims has a real chance to put up dominant numbers in the limited innings of a relief arm. Focusing on his cutter, slider, and especially his plus curve should see a bump in production. It'd be nice to have a late-inning Lance McCullers in the pen.

I'm going with Shogo. I suspect he's going to be in the middle of a lot of goodness.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I'm still not giving up on Winker

aquino

I agree the PT could be the limiting factor for Van Meter; but it looked like he put on some serious man muscle in the off-season. Same for Senzel. Interested to see how that plays out for both of them.

My first thought was Disco, although he was fully back and then some by the end of last season. It's just that not everyone was paying attention.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

21. Likes:

klw (05-19-2020)

Turn Off Ads?