Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You may have to kiss a favorite restaurant goodbye.

They call me "chef"

Re: You may have to kiss a favorite restaurant goodbye.

It’s not illegal to sneak in a swing by insincerely advocating for a standard of conduct you have no intentions of following yourself. And, every time you insinuate that it is illegal, I will report you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Keep 'em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Keep 'em coming!
    Just to be clear: I have zero problem with the political snipes. You do. Just as long as it is not in line with your ideology.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

No one should be making political snipes in this area, so regardless which side it comes from, any further jabs should occur in the appropriate area.

A shameless plug for OTR Chili and Rhinegeist.

Get yer RZ asses down there and buy some good cold beer and great Cincinnati chili and other great dishes.

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

7. Likes:

Chip R (06-08-2020),Larkin Fan (06-02-2020),North (05-26-2020),RFS62 (06-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    A shameless plug for OTR Chili and Rhinegeist.

Get yer RZ asses down there and buy some good cold beer and great Cincinnati chili and other great dishes.

Can they do mail order?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    As predicted, the mandatory restaurant and bar closings wreaked havoc with the small businesses. Now, it seems that the big chains will be swooping in to snap up prime locations...your corner pub becomes a Chipotle. Ugh.

As coronavirus crushes small restaurants, big chains see room to move in

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22V1J5
    Good news for you, Chipotle's sales have gone way down and I'm not just taking this year into perpective.

Comparing sales from 2018 to 2019 they dropped by 38%.

Quote Originally Posted by BobRoberts View Post
    Good news for you, Chipotle's sales have gone way down and I'm not just taking this year into perpective.

I'm surprised they are still in business after their multiple closures.

Another shameless plug...

Mrs. Tucker and I met Chef Zach and Courtney on the rooftop bar at Rhinegeist yesterday. We indulged in OTR Chili of many types. I had a 3 way and a couple coneys and all was excellent. The OTR Chili chili is a Cincinnati style chili but subtly different. On the front end, it has all the cinnamon-chocolate flavor plus a tad more sweetness from tomatoes. The beef taste is better because better beef (long story here). And there is a nice touch of heat on the backend (just a little) that other Cincinnati chili’s don’t often have. A nice touch of richness is that the cheddar cheese is truly grated on-prem that lends a better cheesy flavor.

I had a couple Rhinegeist Uncles which is a nice Sunday afternoon beer. Lower on the alcohol content but a good dark flavor makes it a drinkable beer without getting wasted for the rest of the day.

What also helped was it was a glorious sunny June day with temps in the low 80’s. Serious consideration was given to saying the hell with it and having more beers and staying late. But there were other stops to make and we headed over to Findlay Market for shopping. I was a little apprehensive about being downtown but we were all over the place up above Liberty Ave. no issues at all.

12. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (06-08-2020),RFS62 (06-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BobRoberts View Post

Not sure where you are getting that, but it's not remotely true. 2019 was one of the best years in Chipotle's history by almost any financial metric.

Another shameless plug...

Mrs. Tucker and I met Chef Zach and Courtney on the rooftop bar at Rhinegeist yesterday. We indulged in OTR Chili of many types. I had a 3 way and a couple coneys and all was excellent. The OTR Chili chili is a Cincinnati style chili but subtly different. On the front end, it has all the cinnamon-chocolate flavor plus a tad more sweetness from tomatoes. The beef taste is better because better beef (long story here). And there is a nice touch of heat on the backend (just a little) that other Cincinnati chili’s don’t often have. A nice touch of richness is that the cheddar cheese is truly grated on-prem that lends a better cheesy flavor.

I had a couple Rhinegeist Uncles which is a nice Sunday afternoon beer. Lower on the alcohol content but a good dark flavor makes it a drinkable beer without getting wasted for the rest of the day.

What also helped was it was a glorious sunny June day with temps in the low 80’s. Serious consideration was given to saying the hell with it and having more beers and staying late. But there were other stops to make and we headed over to Findlay Market for shopping. I was a little apprehensive about being downtown but we were all over the place up above Liberty Ave. no issues at all.
    I’d be willing to go down there and try it out and support the guy. First, tell me one thing- do they also have just traditional chili that doesn’t have chocolate and cinnamon in it? I never warmed up to Cincinnati chili, and haven’t had it for probably 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    I’d be willing to go down there and try it out and support the guy. First, tell me one thing- do they also have just traditional chili that doesn’t have chocolate and cinnamon in it? I never warmed up to Cincinnati chili, and haven’t had it for probably 20 years.
    Nope. All the chili they have for their 3, 4, and 5 ways and coneys and chili cheese fries is Cincinnati chili. Which bears very slight resemblance to regular chili but that’s a whole different discussion.

I’ve has their cheeseburger and it is excellent (watch out for the pickles, thry are spicey). And I saw a photo on Instagram of their fried chicken sandwich and it was ridiculously large.

One other thing is you can get their milkshake with a shot of bourbon in it. I haven’t tried it but it sounds good.

Menu at https://otrchilico.com/

Nope. All the chili they have for their 3, 4, and 5 ways and coneys and chili cheese fries is Cincinnati chili. Which bears very slight resemblance to regular chili but that’s a whole different discussion.

I’ve has their cheeseburger and it is excellent (watch out for the pickles, thry are spicey). And I saw a photo on Instagram of their fried chicken sandwich and it was ridiculously large.

One other thing is you can get their milkshake with a shot of bourbon in it. I haven’t tried it but it sounds good.

What the heck, I’ll give it a try. It’s worth a trip just for one of those milkshakes.

17. Likes:

Roy Tucker (06-08-2020),Sea Ray (06-08-2020)

I was gonna give it a try tonight, but I am out of their delivery range. I'll stop by sometime this week for carryout. Looks good.

19. Likes:

Roy Tucker (06-08-2020)

This is from December but here are some of the closures.

https://moneywise.com/a/these-restau...e-closing-2020
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?