Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When will the MLB season begin? - Nightengale

Re: When will the MLB season begin? - Nightengale

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Perhaps, but to me, the Asian baseball without a crowd was sterile. I watched parts of two games then gave up.
    I think the fact that it's Asian baseball and we have no idea who the players are and no rooting interest in the teams would make it feel that way even if every game was sold out with a loud and engaged crowd. Perhaps a Korean baseball fantasy league would make it more interesting.

I can't really compare how the crowd, or lack thereof, impacts my enjoyment of Reds games based on what is happening in a game on the other side of the world
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-29-2020),NebraskaRed (05-29-2020),Ron Madden (05-29-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think the fact that it's Asian baseball and we have no idea who the players are and no rooting interest in the teams would make it feel that way even if every game was sold out with a loud and engaged crowd. Perhaps a Korean baseball fantasy league would make it more interesting.

I can't really compare how the crowd, or lack thereof, impacts my enjoyment of Reds games based on what is happening in a game on the other side of the world
    Could be.

Personally I enjoy watching bat on the ball baseball without numerous deep count ab's and batters and pitchers lingering between each pitch. Plus a plethora of little LH hurlers like Freddie Norman and guys going the other way with two strikes make it different look. Like listening to old Aretha albums after listening to current music, it ain't the same as today but it sure reminds me of something that is gone today.

Personally I think the idea of making the season 100 or 110 games (with double headers,etc.) and basing players 2020 pay on that, and then deferring a certain percentage because of no fans, is a very workable solutions.

Players get 25% more money with a 100 game season version rather than 80. I assume teams also would get 25% more from TV. But players defer the extra money. They get it over the course of next couple years,which helps clubs manage cash flow.

All those double headers probably means more players get into games.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

It's going to make watching games up in Milwaukee a little less enjoyable.

Attachment 16115

8. Likes:

Chip R (06-02-2020),cumberlandreds (05-30-2020)

Turn Off Ads?