Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Employee monitoring software surges as companies send staff home

Employee monitoring software surges as companies send staff home

Employee monitoring software surges as companies send staff home

“ Does your boss know you're reading this article right now?

If you are one of the thousands of Australians who made a rapid shift to working from home this year and are currently logged on, shouldn't you be working?

This is company time, after all.

For an increasing number of Australian workers, it is now the norm to have every movement tracked: what websites you visit; how long you spend on social media; how many keystrokes you do each minute and even when you go to the bathroom.

Sales of software that monitors employees working remotely have surged since the coronavirus pandemic was declared, with some companies reporting a 300 per cent increase in customers in Australia in the last two months.
    Tech and employment law experts are now sounding the warning, arguing it amounts to a "digital cage" and that Australian regulations are woefully out of date.”...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-...virus/12258198

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Employee monitoring software surges as companies send staff home

"Just one more thing before you start. We'll need to install this monitoring software on your laptop, so that we can make sure you are working."

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. What's the rationale behind that?

"We believe, if you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean."

Yeah... hard pass on that but thanks anyway.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

My company went nearly fully remote in mid March. We have approx 15,000 employees.

CEO just announced most of us are going to stay remote through at least the summer. My manager told us corporate has realized our workforce has been MORE productive working remote than in the office now that they have sufficient data. There is talk of my company downsizing office space leases and letting people stay remote. I’m down with it!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    My company went nearly fully remote in mid March. We have approx 15,000 employees.

CEO just announced most of us are going to stay remote through at least the summer. My manager told us corporate has realized our workforce has been MORE productive working remote than in the office now that they have sufficient data. There is talk of my company downsizing office space leases and letting people stay remote. I’m down with it!
    Same for my division, they rent three floors in a tower in downtown Seattle and realize that might be too much of an investment considering the work we do is digital in nature and can be done by most without going into the office daily.

They however don't monitor our work habits or use

No surprise, I work at a sw company as an implementation consultant. All my clients are somewhere else, all my work is done via my laptop so it doesn't matter if I'm at home or the office. We have found that we are probably working more actual hours now that we are all remote because we are no longer doing all the socializing. The company rather extraordinarily ordered us all to take a day off with pay as a wellness day out of concern some of us are working too much.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    No surprise, I work at a sw company as an implementation consultant. All my clients are somewhere else, all my work is done via my laptop so it doesn't matter if I'm at home or the office. We have found that we are probably working more actual hours now that we are all remote because we are no longer doing all the socializing. The company rather extraordinarily ordered us all to take a day off with pay as a wellness day out of concern some of us are working too much.
    Us too, last Friday. I took Tuesday off too, five days straight. It was awesome

I've always worked from home, or a remote office in a hotel or Air BnB when I'm on the road.

I get so much more done than I ever would at an office. I start earlier and work later, take breaks whenever I want to, which also lets me work longer.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?