Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

nm.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

Nate Silver
    @NateSilver538
    ·
    2h
    There hasn't been. People are:

1) mixing and matching two non-comparable data sources.

https://twitter.com/foxjust/status/1...362849793?s=20

2) not accounting for the fact that deaths can be classified as pneumonia *and* COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/sta...985240064?s=20
    Quote Tweet

Aaron E. Carroll
    @aaronecarroll
    · 2h
    It is stunning that such a simple question is still causing so much debate.

Has there been a pneumonia-death surge in Florida or not? twitter.com/ASlavitt/statu…

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...582075906?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Nate Silver
    @NateSilver538
    ·
    2h
    There hasn't been. People are:

1) mixing and matching two non-comparable data sources.

https://twitter.com/foxjust/status/1...362849793?s=20

2) not accounting for the fact that deaths can be classified as pneumonia *and* COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/sta...985240064?s=20
    Quote Tweet

Aaron E. Carroll
    @aaronecarroll
    · 2h
    It is stunning that such a simple question is still causing so much debate.

Has there been a pneumonia-death surge in Florida or not? twitter.com/ASlavitt/statu…

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...582075906?s=20
    Nate out here embarrassing himself again.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Nate out here embarrassing himself again.
    What does he have wrong?

This is pretty grim...

Virus Survivors Could Suffer Severe Health Effects for Years

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-virus-is-gone

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Yep.

Things are getting tense. Take steps.

Back in April I mentioned the importance of Zinc with HCQ when I said this:

I don't think HCQ is worth a darn by itself. It needs to be combined with Z-Pack and Zinc
    Since then many stories have been written about it and I noticed that the studies of HCQ not being effective did not use it in this cocktail. Well now I see someone else noticed the same thing:

MYSTERY surrounds why an anti-malaria drug is not being tested as a Covid-19 treatment in combination with zinc, which doctors say is crucial for efficacy.

As we reported recently, President Trump revealed he was taking hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) alongside zinc after reports that many doctors are doing the same to help ward off Covid-19.

Criticism of the President rose sharply after a non-randomised study published in the Lancet said that HCQ provided no benefit to hospitalised Covid-19 patients while being linked to increased deaths.

What the mainstream media did not point out is that the Lancet study failed to test HCQ with zinc. Other experts have found zinc to be vital for efficacy in this context...

With regard to reporting of the Lancet’s finding about increased deaths, Adams asked whether this should be seen as a surprise ‘given that we know the HCQ can have some heart issues with people who already have heart issues. Do [elderly people who are dying from coronavirus] have strong hearts? Probably not’.

He added: ‘What they don’t do on CNN is mention that if you don’t test it with the zinc [then] I’m not sure that you’ve really tested the thing that has the most promise. Where is that [test]?’

He has a point. A number of doctors say zinc is essential.

I've had this same question:

The above makes the question of why zinc was not used in the Lancet study more baffling. And why don’t the media note that the combination of zinc and HCQ is crucial?
    I want what this author wants...the truth...not politics because lives are at stake. I'm more interested in lives than who's President:

Sadly, with a Presidential election approaching, it’s doubtful whether the barrage of fake news over this treatment will be replaced by professional reporting. We can only hope that the truth – whatever it may be – will win out in the end.
    https://conservativewoman.co.uk/mala...-missing-link/

Without getting into the politics of the situation, from a pure covid-19 perspective, what's happening today figures to be... very very bad.

72 protesters got sick at a relatively dinky anti-lockdown protest in Wisconsin. I guess at least most seem to be wearing masks, but I don't think that's going to matter much with how tightly packed everything looks.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
    Without getting into the politics of the situation, from a pure covid-19 perspective, what's happening today figures to be... very very bad.

72 protesters got sick at a relatively dinky anti-lockdown protest in Wisconsin. I guess at least most seem to be wearing masks, but I don't think that's going to matter much with how tightly packed everything looks.
    You’re right about the protests, but let’s be honest, it was going to spike anyways. I live in a densely populated city (Lakewood), the restaurants are packed, nobody is wearing a mask, etc. This pandemic is over in the minds of the majority of people in my opinion.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Do you have a link? The article I read said that the 72 only reported that they had been to a large gathering, and not a specific event and not that they were protestors.

Ship sailed, we're full steam ahead. It honestly doesn't matter at this point. Everyone who might die is going to die, it's already baked into the system.

I don't know why we're bothering with anything anymore, truly. Sports should fully reopen, etc. I don't think it would make any difference.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Ship sailed, we're full steam ahead. It honestly doesn't matter at this point. Everyone who might die is going to die, it's already baked into the system.

I don't know why we're bothering with anything anymore, truly. Sports should fully reopen, etc. I don't think it would make any difference.
    Yep.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

It seems all those idiots yelling at people were indeed wrong because once again WHO comes out with a different opinion.Unreal

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0PBbF...99&pd=042kltBF
    Last edited by Rdirtypirates; 05-30-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Sweet, let's do it.

Turn Off Ads?