Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960 LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 890

Thread: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

  1. #856
    Member BernieCarbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    1,428

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Being overweight is definitely a risk factor, but if your numbers are correct, it still is highly unlikely that he would have died of a heart attack at his age, considering him being overweight.

    There are around 85 million people in this country between the ages of 25-45. 71% of this country is considered overweight.

    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/obesity-overweight.htm

    That's around 60 million people. If 2,500 of them die each year of a heart attack, that is around 4 one thousands of a percent. or 0.0004 of them, or one in every 2,400 people.

    These numbers reveal it was highly unlikely that he would die at his age due to a heart attack.
    First, I said 25,000, not 2500, so it would be one out of 2400 people. And of course it’s unlikely, because most people 45 and under don’t die. But if you remove suicides and car accidents, heart disease is by far the most likely cause of death, tied with cancer.

    And if you look at the coronavirus stats, someone 45 years old and under is 10 times more likely to die from heart disease then the virus. I know you’re going to continue arguing, but all I said was it’s not highly unusual that someone under 40 years old could die from heart disease, especially when you look at the overall fitness of Americans. Maybe the coronavirus contributed to it, and maybe it didn’t, but it can’t be assumed that he wouldn’t have died otherwise.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #857
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    10,365

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    I guess you could make the case that someone who tested Covid positive and died of a gunshot wound would've pulled through.

    Anything to justify your panic.

  4. Likes:

    jup (06-29-2020)

  5. #858
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    175

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I guess you could make the case that someone who tested Covid positive and died of a gunshot wound would've pulled through.

    Anything to justify your panic.
    That is too funny But so true of this whole pandemic thing in general

  6. #859
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    51

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I guess you could make the case that someone who tested Covid positive and died of a gunshot wound would've pulled through.

    Anything to justify your panic.
    With the stellar critical thinking skills you've displayed here, it's no wonder you're an anti-vaxxer.

  7. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (06-29-2020),WrongVerb (06-29-2020)

  8. #860
    TyrannoSuarez Wrecks WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    15,275

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Kansas governor issues statewide mandatory mask order

    Kansas Governor Laura Kelly issued a statewide mandatory mask order starting at 12:01 a.m. Friday (July 3).

    She said she would give more guidance on the mandate on Thursday during her next briefing.

    The governor Kelly said the Friday deadline will allow businesses to acquire masks for employees. She said enforcement of the order will be made on a local level, not by the state.

    Under the order, most Kansans must wear masks in stores and shops, restaurants, and in any situation in which social distancing of at least six feet can't be maintained, even if outside. The official executive order will be released on Thursday and will provide specific guidance regarding under what circumstances masks must be worn.

    "Wearing a mask is necessary to avoid another shutdown," Kelly said
    Gratitude + Forgiveness = Happiness

    131,485 (+687)

  9. Likes:

    Kingspoint (06-30-2020)

  10. #861
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,234

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    May be the end of our baseball season. However, I also suspect Sedgwick County (Wichita) will refuse to enforce the order. So play ball.

  11. #862
    Member BernieCarbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    1,428

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    May be the end of our baseball season. However, I also suspect Sedgwick County (Wichita) will refuse to enforce the order. So play ball.
    It isn't clear, but it sounds like it will be similar to what Ohio is doing? Employees are required to wear masks, but if a customer is having a pizza out on a patio and a mask is required, they may as well shut the business down again.

  12. #863
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,656

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    With what my Spouse understands scientifically of the virus, she refuses to use any public restroom referring to the waste-product influence and how it stays in the restrooms, especially those with minimum ventilation. You may as well be hugging someone with COVID-19.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  13. #864
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    10,365

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    With what my Spouse understands scientifically of the virus, she refuses to use any public restroom referring to the waste-product influence and how it stays in the restrooms, especially those with minimum ventilation. You may as well be hugging someone with COVID-19.
    The AIDS toilet seat.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_C...Proposition_64

    Proposition 64 was a proposition in the state of California on the November 4, 1986 ballot. It was an initiative statute that would have restored Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) to the list of communicable diseases. The measure was defeated by a margin of 71% to 29%.

    Activists associated with Lyndon LaRouche formed the "Prevent AIDS Now Initiative Committee" (PANIC) to place what became "Proposition 64" on the California state ballot.


    Opponents characterized it as an effort to force HIV-positive individuals out of their jobs and into quarantine. Said Helen Miramontes, R.N., president of the California Nurses Association:

    Health professionals believe that Proposition 64 would seriously hurt their ability to treat and find a cure for AIDS. Current medical efforts based on years of research will be undermined by the fear generated by this irrational proposition.

  14. #865
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,656

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    The AIDS toilet seat.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_C...Proposition_64

    Proposition 64 was a proposition in the state of California on the November 4, 1986 ballot. It was an initiative statute that would have restored Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) to the list of communicable diseases. The measure was defeated by a margin of 71% to 29%.

    Activists associated with Lyndon LaRouche formed the "Prevent AIDS Now Initiative Committee" (PANIC) to place what became "Proposition 64" on the California state ballot.


    Opponents characterized it as an effort to force HIV-positive individuals out of their jobs and into quarantine. Said Helen Miramontes, R.N., president of the California Nurses Association:

    Health professionals believe that Proposition 64 would seriously hurt their ability to treat and find a cure for AIDS. Current medical efforts based on years of research will be undermined by the fear generated by this irrational proposition.
    That is a moronic response. The AIDS toilet seat was not a scientifically proven conclusion. This is. To respond this way explains why in this country the disease is being contained worse here than in most countries.

    "The scientific spirit has cast out the Demons and presented us with Nature, clothed in her right mind and living in the reign of law. It has given us,...for the sorceries of the Alchemist, the beautiful laws of Chemistry; for the dreams of the Astrologer, the sublime truths of Astronomy; for the wild visions of Cosmogeny, the monumental records of Geology; for the anarchy of Diabolism, the Laws of God." -- James Garfield.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-01-2020 at 01:59 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  15. #866
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    10,365

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That is a moronic response. The AIDS toilet seat was not a scientifically proven conclusion. This is.
    Explain it to me.


    BTW, California voters overwhelmingly rejected the AIDS quarantine.

    The measure was defeated by a margin of 71% to 29%.
    Last edited by Rojo; 07-01-2020 at 02:19 AM.

  16. #867
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,656

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Explain it to me.


    BTW, California voters overwhelmingly rejected the AIDS quarantine.

    The measure was defeated by a margin of 71% to 29%.
    You don't have the ability to understand it. After you get your medical degree, discuss it intelligently with someone else who has one.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  17. #868
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,234

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Pfizer to the rescue. Their vaccine trial went well. Hopefully it bears fruit.

  18. Likes:

    marcshoe (07-01-2020)

  19. #869
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    175

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Pfizer to the rescue. Their vaccine trial went well. Hopefully it bears fruit.
    There are a bunch of them in the pipeline, could be multiple ones that bear fruit. Good news indeed

  20. #870
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    51

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post
    There are a bunch of them in the pipeline, could be multiple ones that bear fruit. Good news indeed
    The Oxford one is already in final phase trials now.

  21. Likes:

    marcshoe (07-01-2020)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator