Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
Its my understanding that Italy was about 10 days earlier than the US.

I am not saying this is all related, but I remember Fauci saying something about SARS that they had a vaccine all ready to go, but the virus just disappeared. Now granted this is different because Sars was far better contained and didn't spread nearly as far and fast as Covid, but its the same family of viruses. The fascinating thing is we are dealing with everything in real time with something we have no clue how its going to react.

I wonder what would have happened if the virus stated in Europe or the US where there is a free press willing to report on things. There are suggestions that some states are fudging the numbers to make their decisions look positive, but if we had real data from Wuhan and real data about how the reopening is going, we may have a better picture of everything.
Gotta love the "real data" as it relates to states.

You wonder about it starting in free press countries and at the same time question the legitimacy of the numbers in those countries. So you lump the numbers that China produces in with the reopening data of free press countries ?????

It is understandable to wonder about what the information stream about the start of the pandemic might look like, but to color reopening data with a similar brush to a state run media country like China is just a bridge to far for me.