Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
Results 991 to 1,002 of 1002

Thread: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

  1. #991
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    8,931

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    None of that means much though. All that can change in a few months or a year or two. I mean the long terms effects of smoking takes decades.
    I’m not going to say there’s no chance of any post viral complications that can resurface. But people are ending up completely healthy, like completely normal lung scans after recovering from the ground glass level infections. Smokers don’t have healthy lung scans and then suddenly have lung cancer or other complications out of nowhere, smokers lungs are always unhealthy and show damage to some degree. So it would be highly unusual for a significant number of people to recover, present as being completely healthy and recovered by all available metrics, and then end up with some kind of horrific lung failure or something like that years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    When it comes to crow, I'd like nothing more than to eat Dick's all season long and into the postseason.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #992
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    8,931

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'm open to looking at any professionally published scientific information you want to post here.
    I’ll keep that in mind going forward, and I’ll try to find some of the papers I’ve seen referencing this stuff, but Reddit’s search function is basically useless. I’ll keep my eyes open though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    When it comes to crow, I'd like nothing more than to eat Dick's all season long and into the postseason.

  4. #993
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    13,500

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    I gotta say, as a person that has frequented reddit for years: take anything you get from there with a mountain sized grain of salt.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  5. #994
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    8,931

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I gotta say, as a person that has frequented reddit for years: take anything you get from there with a mountain sized grain of salt.
    I’m not a fan of Reddit, but this particular sub is strictly research papers, and the comments are analysis of them. Speculation is strictly not allowed, so I trust it more than I would an average subreddit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    When it comes to crow, I'd like nothing more than to eat Dick's all season long and into the postseason.

  6. #995
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    25,253

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I’m not going to say there’s no chance of any post viral complications that can resurface. But people are ending up completely healthy, like completely normal lung scans after recovering from the ground glass level infections. Smokers don’t have healthy lung scans and then suddenly have lung cancer or other complications out of nowhere, smokers lungs are always unhealthy and show damage to some degree. So it would be highly unusual for a significant number of people to recover, present as being completely healthy and recovered by all available metrics, and then end up with some kind of horrific lung failure or something like that years later.
    I mean it took me 12 seconds to find this. It is causing serious lung damage .

    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...s-to-the-lungs

    Like other respiratory illnesses, COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, can cause lasting lung damage. As we continue to learn about COVID-19, we’re understanding more regarding how it affects the lungs while people are sick and after recovery
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans

  7. #996
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    8,931

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I mean it took me 12 seconds to find this. It is causing serious lung damage .

    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...s-to-the-lungs
    That’s the same thing that me and WV were discussing

    Even after the disease has passed, lung injury may result in breathing difficulties that might take months to improve.
    The point is that is not unusual for severe respiratory illnesses, that’s not a particular covid thing, and it’s not permanent or lifelong damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    When it comes to crow, I'd like nothing more than to eat Dick's all season long and into the postseason.

  8. #997
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    25,253

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    That’s the same thing that me and WV were discussing



    The point is that is not unusual for severe respiratory illnesses, that’s not a particular covid thing, and it’s not permanent or lifelong damage.
    We don’t know that. Again, it is showing damage to the lungs. We don’t know how serious that damage will be for years. The quote I posted said specifically that it can cause lasting lung damage. Why are you ignoring that? I mean, I know why, it was a rhetorical question.

    We can’t conclude it will go away.

    You are drawing conclusions before the results are in.

    We just don’t know at this point and won’t know for quite awhile.
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans

  9. #998
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    8,931

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    We don’t know that. Again, it is showing damage to the lungs. We don’t know how serious that damage will be for years.

    We can’t conclude it will go away.

    You are drawing conclusions before the results are in.

    We just don’t know at this point and won’t know for quite awhile.
    Yes we do actually, the article you just reference even gave a timeline. I’ve already seen studies that show that 99% of people with ground glass lung scans fully recover within 2-3 months. People are already recovering. This isn’t unusual stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    When it comes to crow, I'd like nothing more than to eat Dick's all season long and into the postseason.

  10. #999
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    25,253

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Yes we do actually, the article you just reference even gave a timeline. I’ve already seen studies that show that 99% of people with ground glass lung scans fully recover within 2-3 months. People are already recovering. This isn’t unusual stuff.
    Again, the article specifically said COVID can cause lasting lung damage.

    I’m done, you’ve made up your mind, no amount of facts will change it,
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans

  11. #1000
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    8,931

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Again, the article specifically said COVID can cause lasting lung damage.

    I’m done, you’ve made up your mind, no amount of facts will change it,
    Lasting lung damage, as defined as “damage that can take months to recover from.”

    After a serious case of COVID-19, a patient’s lungs can recover, but not overnight. “Recovery from lung damage takes time,” Galiatsatos says. “There’s the initial injury to the lungs, followed by scarring. Over time, the tissue heals, but it can take three months to a year or more for a person’s lung function to return to pre-COVID-19 levels.”
    So yeah, again, doesn’t dispute anything that I’ve said in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    When it comes to crow, I'd like nothing more than to eat Dick's all season long and into the postseason.

  12. #1001
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    25,253

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    I’m sorry, but “three months to a year or longer to recover” does not sound like a problem that should be taken lightly, and we don’t know if that will be the case with these Covid cases, as it’s a new virus, with new effects.

    If you read that article and came away thinking we don’t have to worry about the long term effects of Covid, I don’t know what to say. Everything in it scared me.
    “We’re going to get the pitching.” -Bob Castellini
    “You got the pitching, now what?” - Reds fans

  13. #1002
    Administrator Boss-Hog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,177

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    We're over 1,000 posts, so please start a new thread to continue.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator