Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    It seems all those idiots yelling at people were indeed wrong because once again WHO comes out with a different opinion.Unreal

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0PBbF...99&pd=042kltBF
    The writer of the Fox News article that site links to is pulling quotes regarding medical masks from (as stated in the article) March, 2020. The article isn't news, new or otherwise. I'm not sure how you got the impression that something had changed. The WHO has not updated their guidelines; most recently posted on April 6th.

https://www.who.int/publications-det...ncov)-outbreak

That document still states:

The use of masks made of other materials (e.g., cotton
    fabric), also known as nonmedical masks, in the community
    setting has not been well evaluated. There is no current
    evidence to make a recommendation for or against their use
    in this setting.
    But let's say, for the sake of argument, that the WHO updates their guidelines tomorrow and definitively recommends that ONLY those who are infected or taking care of an infected person should wear masks. If they do, they're acknowledging that masks provide a modicum of protection for the sick and the healthy. As one of the primary issues with COVID-19 is that one may not know if they're infected while spreading the virus, take a minute and really think that through...

1) You should wear a mask if the person near you is sick.
    2) You should wear a mask if you're sick.
    3) You may not know if you or a person near you is infected or not.

If all of those are true, then you distance and wear a freaking mask regardless of whether or not you or someone near you is symptomatic. I honestly, don't see how that's so hard to figure out.
    Last edited by SteelSD; 05-30-2020 at 10:56 PM.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-01-2020),Kingspoint (05-31-2020),paintmered (05-31-2020),Redsfaithful (05-31-2020),RFS62 (05-31-2020),Wonderful Monds (05-30-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    The writer of the Fox News article that site links to is pulling quotes regarding medical masks from (as stated in the article) March, 2020. The article isn't news, new or otherwise. I'm not sure how you got the impression that something had changed. The WHO has not updated their guidelines; most recently posted on April 6th.

But let's say, for the sake of argument, that the WHO updates their guidelines tomorrow and definitively recommends that ONLY those who are infected or taking care of an infected person should wear masks. If they do, they're acknowledging that masks provide a modicum of protection for the sick and the healthy. As one of the primary issues with COVID-19 is that one may not know if they're infected while spreading the virus, take a minute and really think that through...

If all of those are true, then you distance and wear a freaking mask regardless of whether or not you or someone near you is symptomatic. I honestly, don't see how that's so hard to figure out.

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Ship sailed, we're full steam ahead. It honestly doesn't matter at this point. Everyone who might die is going to die, it's already baked into the system.

I don't know why we're bothering with anything anymore, truly. Sports should fully reopen, etc. I don't think it would make any difference.
    God, I hate to say there's some truth to this, but I can't help feeling that there is.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I honestly, don't see how that's so hard to figure out.
    Because he doesn't want to figure it out and doesn't want it to be true.

7. Likes:

Hypnotoad (05-31-2020)

It is hard to figure out because you have a myriad of experts giving differing opinions. I think I will listen to WHO over you and Doug.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Because he doesn't want to figure it out and doesn't want it to be true.
    I was gonna add snark"
    , but I will just say I wear my mask, but a lot of doctors and WHO say you are wrong.
    Last edited by Rdirtypirates; 05-31-2020 at 04:04 AM.

9. Likes:

Sea Ray (05-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    This is pretty grim...

Virus Survivors Could Suffer Severe Health Effects for Years

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-virus-is-gone
    OMG!

Some recovered patients report breathlessness, fatigue and body pain months after first becoming infected. Small-scale studies conducted in Hong Kong and Wuhan, China show that survivors grapple with poorer functioning in their lungs, heart and liver. And that may be the tip of the iceberg.

20 years ago when cargo pants were a thing, a local news station ran a report based on the fact that kids had, you know, a lot of pockets. The teaser was "are Bay Area teens DRESSED TO KILL?".

What a joke, take a Purell bath, nutter.

The masks are probably pointless. Let's just face it.

It seems all those idiots yelling at people were indeed wrong because once again WHO comes out with a different opinion.Unreal

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0PBbF...99&pd=042kltBF
    Yes, that's nothing new. I've mentioned that extensively here on RZ and folks still can't accept it

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yes, that's nothing new. I've mentioned that extensively here on RZ and folks still can't accept it
    Yes, I made a mistake assuming this was the CDC changing their opinion once again. My mistake

It is hard to figure out because you have a myriad of experts giving differing opinions. I think I will listen to WHO over you and Doug.

I was gonna add snark"
    , but I will just say I wear my mask, but a lot of doctors and WHO say you are wrong.
    Kudos to you for not adding snark. Some here are desperate to show that the WHO is not saying exactly what they say. Steel and others need not spin their (the WHO) words which are clear: the general public need not wear a mask.

So, now we are listening to the WHO? I thought they were a Chinese puppet? I honestly can’t keep up with the mental gymnastics
    What would you say.....ya do here?

16. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (05-31-2020)

China is asshoe.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    So, now we are listening to the WHO? I thought they were a Chinese puppet? I honestly can’t keep up with the mental gymnastics
    No, we're not supporting the WHO. The point here is that the medical community is not in agreement on this issue. We're getting conflicting signals

19. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (05-31-2020)

Excellent news:

Attachment 16120

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    No, we're not supporting the WHO. The point here is that the medical community is not in agreement on this issue. We're getting conflicting signals
    Your "conflicting signals" are a ton of doctors and the CDC advising the wearing of masks and the WHO stating "We don't know yet."

And you're accusing other people of "spinning"? That's weak sauce, even for you.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

22. Likes:

Hypnotoad (05-31-2020)

Turn Off Ads?