Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flu shots - just do it.

Flu shots - just do it.

Fears of coronavirus second wave prompt flu push at U.S. pharmacies, drugmakers

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. pharmacy chains are preparing a big push for flu vaccinations when the season kicks off in October, hoping to curb tens of thousands of serious cases that could coincide with a second wave of coronavirus infections.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2321F0

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Flu shots - just do it.

Maybe when I'm older.

I'd never got one before. I probably will this year. I also need to check on pneumonia vaccine..... (Age 68)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I only started getting flu shots like five years ago. It just wasn't a thing in Venezuela.
    Now I don't miss one. BIG difference in the times I got sick.
    Get it. Insurance usually pays and Publix here in Florida actually gives you $10 gift card for getting one.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

6. Likes:

Griffey012 (06-27-2020),marcshoe (05-27-2020),North (05-27-2020)

Mid-40s here. Never had a flu shot. Neither has my wife and kids.

We're all getting flu shots this fall though.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

8. Likes:

bounty37h (07-07-2020)

Late 50's with 20+ years of flu shots. No big deal.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

10. Likes:

Dom Heffner (06-30-2020),marcshoe (05-27-2020)

I'm kind of strange; if I get the shot, I don't get the flu. If I don't get the shot, I get the flu. Whadd'ya mean that's how it's supposed to work?

I'm diabetic and help care for two elderly parents. You bet I get the shot.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 05-28-2020 at 12:11 AM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

12. Likes:

bounty37h (07-07-2020)

Been getting a flu shot since I turned 55 (I’m 67 now). No issues and no flu.

The way I figure it, take care of the thing under your control. Too many things happen out of your control.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Looks like everyone here is getting flu shots. No dissenters. I certainly get mine but I am a healthcare worker

I've had one every year since the mid-90s. Never had a side effect and never had the flu.

That probably means I'm in for it now.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

On a tangent note, this is why flu numbers cannot be accurately compared to C19. What would the flu numbers look like w/o a vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Looks like everyone here is getting flu shots. No dissenters. I certainly get mine but I am a healthcare worker
    I'm not sure if I'm a dissenter, but just like I didn't rush out and get a statin like a nitwit, I keep an open mind.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200424...-equal-health/

FYI I'd be careful with the link Rojo provided. It's an anti-vacc web site which is always a little strange in my opinion.

But I got a warning from my Browser asking if I wanted to set up a crypto account with this "app". When I went to the web site.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

19. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-27-2020),dabvu2498 (06-27-2020),Larkin Fan (06-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    FYI I'd be careful with the link Rojo provided. It's an anti-vacc web site which is always a little strange in my opinion.

But I got a warning from my Browser asking if I wanted to set up a crypto account with this "app". When I went to the web site.
    It is "anti-vax", but the study is real.

"Pro" or "anti" shouldn't be how you vet information. You can believe in the science of vaccinations, as I do, and still not accept every vaccine as perfectly safe, just as you shouldn't accept every medicine as perfectly safe.

Last year was the first time I got a flu shot in years, because I've never been in a building with many people in a confined place. Plus my wife works at a hospital so I guess I'm being safer.

I've not been in a high risk group.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?