Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

2 positive trends for coronavirus in Ohio; fewer new cases reported, fewer patients hospitalized

https://www.cleveland.com/coronaviru...pitalized.html

2. Likes:

mole44 (06-05-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Here's that new WHO mask link.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN23C2B1

...in this corner,

5. Likes:

kaldaniels (06-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    2 positive trends for coronavirus in Ohio; fewer new cases reported, fewer patients hospitalized

https://www.cleveland.com/coronaviru...pitalized.html
    IMO patient hospitalizations are really the only way to judge Covid 19. Too many people have it but don't have the need to test. You are never going to get to the point where everyone is tested because there will be massive pushback.

7. Likes:

North (06-05-2020)

Name:  04_1956 Lone Ranger & Silver.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  239.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Here's that new WHO mask link.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN23C2B1

...in this corner,
    They changed their instructional videos as well to isolate non-medical versus medical mask instructions.

Unfortunately, the guidance document link keeps throwing errors due to the amount of traffic. I figure that the traffic is probably due to the number of people worldwide who are attempting to download it, but the Fox Mulder in me really wants to believe that the site is experiencing a non-masker DDOS attack.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    More healthy people are getting tested. At first our recorded cases were only people who were sick, because we only had tests for people with symptoms, so a relatively high percentage of those people died. Now we have more tests, and we're seeing more of the asymptomatic cases get counted.
    Thank you that makes more sense.

It appears to me that the WHO is responding to political pressure which would not surprise me. Interesting that they still say this:

The WHO says the widespread use of face masks or coverings by the general public is still not yet supported by high quality or direct scientific evidence.
    Remember this the next time a liberal calls a conservative a science denier or something similar. This policy is not based on science. I don't know what it's based on or what has changed. As I've said many, many times, I don't know what or who to believe on C19 anymore.

I'll add one more thing. The public is not going to wear masks indefinitely. In fact cooperation is already starting to wane. I went into a small pet store yesterday. On the window it said that they require everyone in the store to wear a mask. I saw two employees. One had no mask at all on. Another had his mask pulled under his chin. I think we'll see more and more of this.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Jesus Tapdancing Christ

13. Likes:

SteelSD (06-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Jesus Tapdancing Christ
    Do you have any facts to bring to the conversation?

Sea Ray is right that the WHO has sort of waffled on mask use. Ok.

But just because there is no double blind study etc. on mask wearing and the transmission of COVID, it does not make one anti/void of science if you believe people should wear masks. Deductive reasoning can be our friend. People often are positive for Corona and don’t know it. Wearing a mask blocks respiratory droplets when sneezing. It makes sense. True, it could be a negligible effect. But, it’s a better be safe than sorry situation at this point. We aren’t talking about an economy/society wrecking lockdown, we are talking about wearing a mask.

I don’t care, take your shots at the WHO. But to those (not you Sea Ray per se) who celebrate those who refuse to wear a mask, c’mon.

16. Likes:

mth123 (06-06-2020)

There have been many studies on other viruses that show that wearing a mask does not do any good. It'd be quite a reach to say that this virus would be impeded by a mask whereas others were not. I think that's the issue the WHO is having with this

Sea Ray: "I trust the WHO because I think they're anti-mask!"

WHO: "Actually, we now recommend that everyone wear a mask in public."

Sea Ray: "Why would I do that? You're not trustworthy!"

Amazing how trusting some folks are when they *think* they're being told what they want to hear and how quickly trust evaporates when that changes.
    Last edited by SteelSD; 06-06-2020 at 03:18 PM.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

19. Likes:

WrongVerb (06-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Do you have any facts to bring to the conversation?
    Yeah, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Sea Ray: "I trust the WHO when because I think they're anti-mask!"

WHO: "Actually, we now recommend that everyone wear a mask in public."

Sea Ray: "Why would I do that? You're not trustworthy!"

Amazing how trusting some folks are when they *think* they're being told what they want to hear and how quickly trust evaporates when that changes.
    I would ask that you copy/paste my quotes in the future if you are going to attribute comments to me directly with a colon and quotation marks. Simply put your comments above were inaccurately attributed to me. I doubt you'd tolerate me doing the same to you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yeah, I do.
    Great. Let's see them

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It appears to me that the WHO is responding to political pressure which would not surprise me.
    Here, man, I'll quote this from you and just let everyone who reads it understand exactly what you're doing.

Turn Off Ads?