Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1002

Thread: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

  1. #16
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    9,896

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    It seems all those idiots yelling at people were indeed wrong because once again WHO comes out with a different opinion.Unreal

    https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0PBbF...99&pd=042kltBF
    The writer of the Fox News article that site links to is pulling quotes regarding medical masks from (as stated in the article) March, 2020. The article isn't news, new or otherwise. I'm not sure how you got the impression that something had changed. The WHO has not updated their guidelines; most recently posted on April 6th.

    https://www.who.int/publications-det...ncov)-outbreak

    That document still states:

    The use of masks made of other materials (e.g., cotton
    fabric), also known as nonmedical masks, in the community
    setting has not been well evaluated. There is no current
    evidence to make a recommendation for or against their use
    in this setting.
    But let's say, for the sake of argument, that the WHO updates their guidelines tomorrow and definitively recommends that ONLY those who are infected or taking care of an infected person should wear masks. If they do, they're acknowledging that masks provide a modicum of protection for the sick and the healthy. As one of the primary issues with COVID-19 is that one may not know if they're infected while spreading the virus, take a minute and really think that through...

    1) You should wear a mask if the person near you is sick.
    2) You should wear a mask if you're sick.
    3) You may not know if you or a person near you is infected or not.

    If all of those are true, then you distance and wear a freaking mask regardless of whether or not you or someone near you is symptomatic. I honestly, don't see how that's so hard to figure out.
    Last edited by SteelSD; 05-30-2020 at 10:56 PM.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  2. Likes:

    *BaseClogger* (06-01-2020),Kingspoint (05-31-2020),paintmered (05-31-2020),Redsfaithful (05-31-2020),RFS62 (05-31-2020),Wonderful Monds (05-30-2020)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #17
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,856

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    The writer of the Fox News article that site links to is pulling quotes regarding medical masks from (as stated in the article) March, 2020. The article isn't news, new or otherwise. I'm not sure how you got the impression that something had changed. The WHO has not updated their guidelines; most recently posted on April 6th.

    https://www.who.int/publications-det...ncov)-outbreak

    That document still states:



    But let's say, for the sake of argument, that the WHO updates their guidelines tomorrow and definitively recommends that ONLY those who are infected or taking care of an infected person should wear masks. If they do, they're acknowledging that masks provide a modicum of protection for the sick and the healthy. As one of the primary issues with COVID-19 is that one may not know if they're infected while spreading the virus, take a minute and really think that through...

    1) You should wear a mask if the person near you is sick.
    2) You should wear a mask if you're sick.
    3) You may not know if you or a person near you is infected or not.

    If all of those are true, then you distance and wear a freaking mask regardless of whether or not you or someone near you is symptomatic. I honestly, don't see how that's so hard to figure out.










    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  5. #18
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,856

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Ship sailed, we're full steam ahead. It honestly doesn't matter at this point. Everyone who might die is going to die, it's already baked into the system.

    I don't know why we're bothering with anything anymore, truly. Sports should fully reopen, etc. I don't think it would make any difference.
    God, I hate to say there's some truth to this, but I can't help feeling that there is.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  6. #19
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    49,323

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I honestly, don't see how that's so hard to figure out.
    Because he doesn't want to figure it out and doesn't want it to be true.

  7. Likes:

    Hypnotoad (05-31-2020)

  8. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    214

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    The writer of the Fox News article that site links to is pulling quotes regarding medical masks from (as stated in the article) March, 2020. The article isn't news, new or otherwise. I'm not sure how you got the impression that something had changed. The WHO has not updated their guidelines; most recently posted on April 6th.

    https://www.who.int/publications-det...ncov)-outbreak

    That document still states:



    But let's say, for the sake of argument, that the WHO updates their guidelines tomorrow and definitively recommends that ONLY those who are infected or taking care of an infected person should wear masks. If they do, they're acknowledging that masks provide a modicum of protection for the sick and the healthy. As one of the primary issues with COVID-19 is that one may not know if they're infected while spreading the virus, take a minute and really think that through...

    1) You should wear a mask if the person near you is sick.
    2) You should wear a mask if you're sick.
    3) You may not know if you or a person near you is infected or not.

    If all of those are true, then you distance and wear a freaking mask regardless of whether or not you or someone near you is symptomatic. I honestly, don't see how that's so hard to figure out.
    It is hard to figure out because you have a myriad of experts giving differing opinions. I think I will listen to WHO over you and Doug.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Because he doesn't want to figure it out and doesn't want it to be true.
    I was gonna add snark"
    , but I will just say I wear my mask, but a lot of doctors and WHO say you are wrong.
    Last edited by Rdirtypirates; 05-31-2020 at 04:04 AM.

  9. Likes:

    Sea Ray (05-31-2020)

  10. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    10,382

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    This is pretty grim...

    Virus Survivors Could Suffer Severe Health Effects for Years

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-virus-is-gone
    OMG!

    Some recovered patients report breathlessness, fatigue and body pain months after first becoming infected. Small-scale studies conducted in Hong Kong and Wuhan, China show that survivors grapple with poorer functioning in their lungs, heart and liver. And that may be the tip of the iceberg.

    20 years ago when cargo pants were a thing, a local news station ran a report based on the fact that kids had, you know, a lot of pockets. The teaser was "are Bay Area teens DRESSED TO KILL?".

    What a joke, take a Purell bath, nutter.

  11. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    10,382

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    The masks are probably pointless. Let's just face it.

  12. Likes:

    Rdirtypirates (05-31-2020)

  13. #23
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    It seems all those idiots yelling at people were indeed wrong because once again WHO comes out with a different opinion.Unreal

    https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0PBbF...99&pd=042kltBF
    Yes, that's nothing new. I've mentioned that extensively here on RZ and folks still can't accept it

  14. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    214

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yes, that's nothing new. I've mentioned that extensively here on RZ and folks still can't accept it
    Yes, I made a mistake assuming this was the CDC changing their opinion once again. My mistake

  15. #25
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    It is hard to figure out because you have a myriad of experts giving differing opinions. I think I will listen to WHO over you and Doug.

    I was gonna add snark"
    , but I will just say I wear my mask, but a lot of doctors and WHO say you are wrong.
    Kudos to you for not adding snark. Some here are desperate to show that the WHO is not saying exactly what they say. Steel and others need not spin their (the WHO) words which are clear: the general public need not wear a mask.

  16. #26
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    13,511

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    So, now we are listening to the WHO? I thought they were a Chinese puppet? I honestly can’t keep up with the mental gymnastics
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  17. Likes:

    Wonderful Monds (05-31-2020)

  18. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,430

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    China is asshoe.

  19. #28
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    So, now we are listening to the WHO? I thought they were a Chinese puppet? I honestly can’t keep up with the mental gymnastics
    No, we're not supporting the WHO. The point here is that the medical community is not in agreement on this issue. We're getting conflicting signals

  20. Likes:

    Rdirtypirates (05-31-2020)

  21. #29
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Excellent news:

    Name:  New Admissions.png
Views: 108
Size:  20.2 KB

  22. #30
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    9,896

    Re: COVID-19, Part 5 - the beat goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    No, we're not supporting the WHO. The point here is that the medical community is not in agreement on this issue. We're getting conflicting signals
    Your "conflicting signals" are a ton of doctors and the CDC advising the wearing of masks and the WHO stating "We don't know yet."

    And you're accusing other people of "spinning"? That's weak sauce, even for you.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  23. Likes:

    Hypnotoad (05-31-2020)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator