Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keith Law Top Prospects

Keith Law Top Prospects

Are up but behind the paywall. Curious for where our guys stack up in his rankings.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Keith Law Top Prospects

India #76
    Santillian #83
    Greene #16
    Trammell #12
    Senzel #6
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

4. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (02-01-2019),Benihana (01-30-2019),Tom Servo (01-30-2019),Tuff Nut (01-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    India #76
    Santillian #83
    Greene #16
    Trammell #12
    Senzel #6
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-30-2019),Mitri (01-30-2019),Tuff Nut (01-31-2019)

India #76
    Santillian #83
    Greene #16
    Trammell #12
    Senzel #6
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-30-2019),RedTeamGo! (01-31-2019)

India #76
    Santillian #83
    Greene #16
    Trammell #12
    Senzel #6
    Sounds about right to me
    Go BLUE!!!

Trammell being rated that high just shows how absurd some of the Realmuto packages have been by some of the national guys. I've heard some talk about Trammell, India plus more. That is just insane.

11. Likes:

Benihana (01-30-2019),Edd Roush (01-31-2019),HammerTime (01-31-2019),Kirito-Sama (01-31-2019),Tuff Nut (01-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Trammell being rated that high just shows how absurd some of the Realmuto packages have been by some of the national guys. I've heard some talk about Trammell, India plus more. That is just insane.
    I’m not sure I’d trade Trammell straight up for Realmuto. Admittedly, I love Trammell.

If he’s able to play CF, an OF of him, Winker and Puig could eventually be the most exciting in baseball IMO.
    Last edited by Benihana; 01-30-2019 at 09:29 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

I stopped reading after Tatis was #1.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

14. Likes:

SoTxRedsFan (01-31-2019)

There is a reason Trammell comes up every time the Reds are in trade discussions for other players.

The league knows. It wouldn't surprise me if he was top 5 heading into 2020 with an outside shot at #1 overall depending on who gets the call above him and his 2019 performance.

16. Likes:

Benihana (01-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I stopped reading after Tatis was #1.
    I’m willing to listen. He lays out that Tatis has a 20 run per year head start over Vlad due to position (SS vs his projection that Vlad is headed for DH).

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I’m willing to listen. He lays out that Tatis has a 20 run per year head start over Vlad due to position (SS vs his projection that Vlad is headed for DH).
    I didn't see the part where he laid out the 20 run difference between SS vs DH, are you sure it is in there?. Either way, I am certainly willing to listen as well, but I feel like his explanations don't add up. It seems like he is crediting Tatis as a sure thing to hit his across the board ceiling while describing Vlad as a 25 HR/.400 OBP DH, which is essentially his floor. If Vlad is a 25 HR/.400 OBP bat then Tatis is something like a 20HR/.340 OBP bat, based on the way Vlad performed offensively as a 19 year old in AA compared to Tatis.

He comps Tatis to a younger Manny Machado with more strength, but ignores the swing and miss Tatis has shown in his game that Machado never has. Even during the post May 1st stretch Tatis had a 24% K rate. It isn't alarming, but it certainly adds extra risk to the profile. He also briefly hits on the fact Tatis may outgrow SS, but seems to then ignore it while counting him as a stud defender at SS.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

19. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I didn't see the part where he laid out the 20 run difference between SS vs DH, are you sure it is in there?. Either way, I am certainly willing to listen as well, but I feel like his explanations don't add up. It seems like he is crediting Tatis as a sure thing to hit his across the board ceiling while describing Vlad as a 25 HR/.400 OBP DH, which is essentially his floor. If Vlad is a 25 HR/.400 OBP bat then Tatis is something like a 20HR/.340 OBP bat, based on the way Vlad performed offensively as a 19 year old in AA compared to Tatis.

He comps Tatis to a younger Manny Machado with more strength, but ignores the swing and miss Tatis has shown in his game that Machado never has. Even during the post May 1st stretch Tatis had a 24% K rate. It isn't alarming, but it certainly adds extra risk to the profile. He also briefly hits on the fact Tatis may outgrow SS, but seems to then ignore it while counting him as a stud defender at SS.
    Forgive me if it wasn’t in the article. He laid it out in a chat he did yesterday. (Link on his Twitter)

21. Likes:

Griffey012 (01-31-2019)

2023 Edition: https://theathletic.com/4132943/2023...mpaign=6026672

Four Reds:
    4. Elly de la Cruz
    17. Cam Collier
    49. Noelvi Marte
    58. Edwin Arroyo

One comment about Marte stuck out.

Marte filling out so much at age 20 does raise the concern he’s going to end up a corner outfielder, or that he’ll end up slowing down in his mid-20s, but his continued offensive performance also makes it much more likely he’s at least a valuable bench player — more floor, less ceiling, at least compared to a year ago. If he works on conditioning and moves to third base now to begin learning the position, he could still be an above-average regular with high OBPs and 20-ish homers a year.
    As for who lead the list...

LA (N) - 8 (top prospect #6)
    Baltimore - 6 (top prospect #2)
    NY (A) - 6 (top prospect #8)
    Cleveland - 6 (top prospect #22)
    Arizona - 5 (top prospect #1)
    Colorado - 5 (top prospect #54)
    Milwaukee - 5 (top prospect #3)
    Pittsburgh - 5 (top prospect #18)
    Washington - 5 (top prospect #16)
    Boston - 4 (top prospect #11)
    Cincinnati - 4 (top prospect #4)
    St. Louis - 4 (top prospect #5)
    Tampa - 4 (top prospect #24)
    Texas - 4 (top prospect #53)
    Chicago (N) - 3 (top prospect #26)
    LA (A) - 3 (top prospect #59)
    Miami - 3 (top prospect #10)
    NY (N) - 3 (top prospect #7)
    Detroit - 2 (top prospect #83)
    Minnesota - 2 (top prospect #48)
    Philadelphia - 2 (top prospect #13)
    San Diego - 2 (top prospect #20)
    San Francisco - 2 (top prospect #12)
    Seattle - 2 (top prospect #65)
    Chicago (A) - 1 (top prospect #25)
    Houston - 1 (top prospect #80)
    Kansas City - 1 (top prospect #57)
    Oakland - 1 (top prospect #60)
    Toronto - 1 (top prospect #47)
    Atlanta - 0

23. Likes:

UKFlounder (01-30-2023)

Law likes Collier even more than me lol. He has a chance to be a top 10 prospect if he tears it up in 2023 at age 18.

25. Likes:

Benihana (02-02-2023)

Keith Law has done his Reds Top 20:
    https://theathletic.com/4146372/2023...system-ranked/
    The Reds have gone for a lot of upside in the draft and trades recently, mixing in some probability guys in both arenas. The result is a system that could produce three or four stars but also should help supply the major-league roster with quality regulars and bench pieces, allowing them to (in theory) spend to acquire or keep those stars.
    He has the just traded Justin Boyd at 15.
    Boyd was the Reds’ fourth pick, coming in the second Competitive Balance round, with the speed and reads to play center long term. He showed excellent pitch recognition as an amateur at Oregon State but scuffled in his brief pro debut. He did show a tendency to overexpand with two strikes, and may just need a real two-strike approach to get on track to be at least a fourth outfielder, with a chance to end up a regular if he sticks in center.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Turn Off Ads?