Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 156

Thread: Day 2 MLB Draft

  1. #46
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    32,741

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    Don't dislike Roa, I like that he's a big kid with college experience and not simply a hard thrower, but I'd rather have grabbed Wilcox there. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Member SirFelixCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    6,195

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    I trust our coaches.

  4. Likes:

    Edd Roush (06-11-2020),ochoa30 (06-11-2020)

  5. #48
    Moderator Gallen5862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wilmington,NC
    Posts
    7,312

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    Could the Reds be getting a under slot deal with Roa to get a signability player with their Comp pick?

  6. #49
    TyrannoSuarez Wrecks WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    15,526

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Don't dislike Roa, I like that he's a big kid with college experience and not simply a hard thrower, but I'd rather have grabbed Wilcox there. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    This is where I'm at as well.
    Gratitude + Forgiveness = Happiness

    Covid to date...
    Total cases: 13,248,924
    New cases yesterday: 108,291
    Total deaths: 269,560
    New deaths yesterday: 1,311

  7. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    we like?

  8. Likes:

    Edd Roush (06-11-2020)

  9. #51
    Member JaxRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    13,919

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    This one doesn't excite me like last night's. I'd feel better with some quotes from Boddy and/or Johnson.

    Hopefully we get a good ROI from Roa.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

  10. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    12,977

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Don't dislike Roa, I like that he's a big kid with college experience and not simply a hard thrower, but I'd rather have grabbed Wilcox there. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Im reading that Wilcox is expected to be a tough sign, which likely explains why he is still undrafted. Especially since teams have less flexibility to spread money around with less picks.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  11. Likes:

    Edd Roush (06-11-2020),marcshoe (06-11-2020),RED VAN HOT (06-11-2020),Tom Servo (06-11-2020)

  12. #53
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,692

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Guess it's kind of a reach...
    I don't know that anyone is a reach this year. There's usually a massive reshuffling that didn't happen in this draft because they didn't play the season.

    Plus, maybe Roa broke into a zoo just to punch a lion. In 2020, that is the sort of guy I'm looking for.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  13. Likes:

    PuffyPig (06-11-2020)

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    587

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    At the end of the day, I trust Boddy and Johnson. If they were supportive of this selection, that's all that matters to me.

  15. Likes:

    Edd Roush (06-11-2020),ochoa30 (06-11-2020),Ron Madden (06-11-2020),SirFelixCat (06-11-2020)

  16. #55
    Moderator Gallen5862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wilmington,NC
    Posts
    7,312

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    ESPN Analysts love the Roa pick. They said he has an excellent Slider and had made big improvements this season

  17. #56
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    South Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    4,934

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Could the Reds be getting a under slot deal with Roa to get a signability player with their Comp pick?
    He was a top 40 prospect on fangraphs big board. I expect him and Hendrick to sign near slot.

  18. Likes:

    Gallen5862 (06-11-2020),Hillsdale87 (06-11-2020),JFLegal (06-11-2020),Tom Servo (06-11-2020)

  19. #57
    Moderator Gallen5862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wilmington,NC
    Posts
    7,312

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    Baseball America had this to say about Roa,

    One of many rising college arms in the 2020 class, Roa impressed scouts early this spring with a strong four-pitch mix, a physical 6-foot-4, 210-pound frame, solid strike-throwing ability and a clean arm action and delivery. He has a lot of starter traits on paper, and after being unranked on our preseason Top 200 list, teams believe Roa could go off the board as high as the second round. Roa throws a fastball, slider, curveball and changeup, all of which are at least average and a few much better than that. Roa’s fastball sits in the 92-93 mph range for the most part, getting up to 95-96 at the upper end, but some scouts are concerned with how true the pitch is.

  20. Likes:

    JFLegal (06-11-2020)

  21. #58
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    South Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    4,934

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I’m reading that Wilcox is expected to be a tough sign, which likely explains why he is still undrafted. Especially since teams have less flexibility to spread money around with less picks.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jeff Passan is speculating that Wilcox number is $3M. My speculation is that Tanner Witt probably wants in the same vicinity.

  22. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Baseball America had this to say about Roa,

    One of many rising college arms in the 2020 class, Roa impressed scouts early this spring with a strong four-pitch mix, a physical 6-foot-4, 210-pound frame, solid strike-throwing ability and a clean arm action and delivery. He has a lot of starter traits on paper, and after being unranked on our preseason Top 200 list, teams believe Roa could go off the board as high as the second round. Roa throws a fastball, slider, curveball and changeup, all of which are at least average and a few much better than that. Roa’s fastball sits in the 92-93 mph range for the most part, getting up to 95-96 at the upper end, but some scouts are concerned with how true the pitch is.
    for a second round pick? i like this.

  23. #60
    Member marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Becoming an adult is probably the dumbest thing you could ever do.
    Posts
    9,669

    Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

    The Indians picked Logan Allen. I thought he already pitched for them.
    And no birds sing - Keats

    The ditch is nearer - Lowell

  24. Likes:

    Gallen5862 (06-11-2020),Tuff Nut (06-12-2020),WrongVerb (06-11-2020)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator