Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 2 MLB Draft

Re: Day 2 MLB Draft

Don't dislike Roa, I like that he's a big kid with college experience and not simply a hard thrower, but I'd rather have grabbed Wilcox there. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

I trust our coaches.

4. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-11-2020),ochoa30 (06-11-2020)

Could the Reds be getting a under slot deal with Roa to get a signability player with their Comp pick?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Don't dislike Roa, I like that he's a big kid with college experience and not simply a hard thrower, but I'd rather have grabbed Wilcox there. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    This is where I'm at as well.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

we like?

8. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-11-2020)

This one doesn't excite me like last night's. I'd feel better with some quotes from Boddy and/or Johnson.

Hopefully we get a good ROI from Roa.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I’m reading that Wilcox is expected to be a tough sign, which likely explains why he is still undrafted. Especially since teams have less flexibility to spread money around with less picks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-11-2020),marcshoe (06-11-2020),RED VAN HOT (06-11-2020),Tom Servo (06-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Guess it's kind of a reach...
    I don't know that anyone is a reach this year. There's usually a massive reshuffling that didn't happen in this draft because they didn't play the season.

Plus, maybe Roa broke into a zoo just to punch a lion. In 2020, that is the sort of guy I'm looking for.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

13. Likes:

PuffyPig (06-11-2020)

At the end of the day, I trust Boddy and Johnson. If they were supportive of this selection, that's all that matters to me.

15. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-11-2020),ochoa30 (06-11-2020),Ron Madden (06-11-2020),SirFelixCat (06-11-2020)

ESPN Analysts love the Roa pick. They said he has an excellent Slider and had made big improvements this season

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Could the Reds be getting a under slot deal with Roa to get a signability player with their Comp pick?
    He was a top 40 prospect on fangraphs big board. I expect him and Hendrick to sign near slot.

18. Likes:

Gallen5862 (06-11-2020),Hillsdale87 (06-11-2020),JFLegal (06-11-2020),Tom Servo (06-11-2020)

Baseball America had this to say about Roa,

One of many rising college arms in the 2020 class, Roa impressed scouts early this spring with a strong four-pitch mix, a physical 6-foot-4, 210-pound frame, solid strike-throwing ability and a clean arm action and delivery. He has a lot of starter traits on paper, and after being unranked on our preseason Top 200 list, teams believe Roa could go off the board as high as the second round. Roa throws a fastball, slider, curveball and changeup, all of which are at least average and a few much better than that. Roa’s fastball sits in the 92-93 mph range for the most part, getting up to 95-96 at the upper end, but some scouts are concerned with how true the pitch is.

20. Likes:

JFLegal (06-11-2020)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I’m reading that Wilcox is expected to be a tough sign, which likely explains why he is still undrafted. Especially since teams have less flexibility to spread money around with less picks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jeff Passan is speculating that Wilcox number is $3M. My speculation is that Tanner Witt probably wants in the same vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Baseball America had this to say about Roa,

One of many rising college arms in the 2020 class, Roa impressed scouts early this spring with a strong four-pitch mix, a physical 6-foot-4, 210-pound frame, solid strike-throwing ability and a clean arm action and delivery. He has a lot of starter traits on paper, and after being unranked on our preseason Top 200 list, teams believe Roa could go off the board as high as the second round. Roa throws a fastball, slider, curveball and changeup, all of which are at least average and a few much better than that. Roa’s fastball sits in the 92-93 mph range for the most part, getting up to 95-96 at the upper end, but some scouts are concerned with how true the pitch is.
    for a second round pick? i like this.

The Indians picked Logan Allen. I thought he already pitched for them.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

24. Likes:

Gallen5862 (06-11-2020),Tuff Nut (06-12-2020),WrongVerb (06-11-2020)

Turn Off Ads?