Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 301

Thread: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

  1. #226
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,935

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    That is a bit of a crazy stat. But what is also crazy is you thinking it’s some sort of anti Portland vendetta. It will be an outlier. Just a coincidence it happened vs Portland.
    It's always an anti-Portland vendetta with him.

    That's his thing.

    Relax, though. I've been assured the Blazers will win every game they play the rest of the season. We should just sit back and bask in the glory that is the Rose City as they unleash their remarkable brand of ball on an adoring public.

  2. Likes:

    dubc47834 (08-01-2020)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #227
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,898

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    It's always an anti-Portland vendetta with him.

    That's his thing.

    Relax, though. I've been assured the Blazers will win every game they play the rest of the season. We should just sit back and bask in the glory that is the Rose City as they unleash their remarkable brand of ball on an adoring public.
    They clearly won, even tho it was a one side ref'd game!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

  5. #228
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    13,167

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You have your head in the sand if you don't think 30 free throw at Halftime is anything but insane.

    For some perspective, because clearly you need some here, MEM is not a team that goes to the free throw line. They averaged 13 makes per game this season. They had 30 attempts by Halftime, 50 for the game. The refs were clearly absurd in their thinking during this game.
    That is a lot of free throws at halftime, Portland should probably stop fouling so much.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  6. Likes:

    dubc47834 (08-02-2020),M2 (08-01-2020)

  7. #229
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,231

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Holy TJ Warren

  8. #230
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,231

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    TJ Warren pretty much just beat the 76ers by himself. Embiid had a huge game, but Warren couldn't miss. Dropped 53 and made every single big basket down the stretch. That was a fun game.

  9. #231
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,331

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    TJ Warren, yo. 55 points tonight. That guy is seriously underrated.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  10. #232
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,231

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Like the Heat and the Raptors in the East. If I had to pick now I'm taking the Raptors to win it all again. They play serious D and Siakam and co have developed enough to still be great w/o Kawhi. When Lowry is on I don't know that anyone beats them.

  11. #233
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    9,892

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Warren was nuts, but if a team gives up 46 points in the 4th quarter, they should get two losses for that.

    Let's see...what happened tonight...

    1) Stagnant offense without Embiid on the floor (and one the opponent took 3 minutes to figure out regardless)? Check.
    2) Poor mixes of offensive talent on the floor at critical times? Check.
    3) +21 with Embiid on the floor and -27 in 14 minutes without him? Check.
    4) Twenty-one turnovers? Check.

    <Interlude...any of this sounding familiar yet...?>

    5) Raul Neto getting 21 minutes while Burks and Thybulle get only 12 each? Check.
    6) Sixers let another moderately talented player hit a career high in points? Check.
    7) Sixers lose with a full compliment of players while the other team is missing two of their three best? Check.

    <Interlude #2...No, really. Is ANY of this sounding familiar yet? It sure as heck does to me...>

    8) Brett Brown gets dramatically out-coached. Check.
    9) Sixers blow a double-digit fourth quarter lead? Check.
    10) Shake Milton gets in a verbal altercation with Joel Embiid during a time out. Well, THAT'S new!

    I'm not sure if the Milton/Embiid tiff was about one of Joel's lazy inbound passes or if Shake was just frustrated that no one would throw him the ball for pretty much the entire first half. Could have been both, I guess.

    I loved the pundits raving about the Sixers during the down time. Embiid will be rested! Simmons will be healthy! Blah blah. That nonsense just cements them as the best off-season team in the NBA.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  12. Likes:

    M2 (08-02-2020),Revering4Blue (08-02-2020)

  13. #234
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,231

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Worst sequence for the Sixers in that 4Q was the dagger 3 that killed them. They were down 3 with enough time to get the ball back. Aaron Holiday had the ball on the right side and Warren (who was on fire) was a few steps in from half court at the top of the key. All the Sixers needed to do was get a stop and every single person watching knew who was gonna take the shot. When Aaron Holiday started to drive Ben Simmons helped off of Warren at the top of the key and Holiday hit Warren for a wide open straight away 3 to win it. I get the Ben Simmons is a good player and all, but in what universe do you leave the guy w/50 and the game on the line to help on Aaron Holiday 18 feet from the basket? Bad basketball. Bad chemistry for the Sixers too, their PG and Embiid also got into a somewhat heated argument on the sidelines. I don't trust this Sixers team at all.

  14. Likes:

    M2 (08-02-2020),Revering4Blue (08-02-2020)

  15. #235
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    903

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    TJ Warren, yo. 55 points tonight. That guy is seriously underrated.
    I saw Warren...53 Points on the tv scroll....did not see team, full name or anything. I honestly could not figure out a "Warren" that could drop 50+ in an NBA game.....had to go to computer to look at the scores to find out who it was and was shocked it was TJ Warren. I recall just a couple seasons ago, he would not even attempt 3 pointers.....was a mid range guy.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  16. #236
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I saw Warren...53 Points on the tv scroll....did not see team, full name or anything. I honestly could not figure out a "Warren" that could drop 50+ in an NBA game.....had to go to computer to look at the scores to find out who it was and was shocked it was TJ Warren. I recall just a couple seasons ago, he would not even attempt 3 pointers.....was a mid range guy.
    I still cannot understand why Phoenix dealt Warren and a second round pick, which Indy then traded the drafted player to Miami for 2 future second picks, in exchange for Pile O'Cash - not unlike several Reds "trades" consummated during the Lindner/Allen days.

    Warren would have complimented DeAndre Ayton (who has added the three-point shot to his arsenal) up front. Then again, Warren's defense has improved exponentially under Nate McMillan in Indiana.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

  17. Likes:

    M2 (08-02-2020)

  18. #237
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    903

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I still cannot understand why Phoenix dealt Warren and a second round pick, which Indy then traded the drafted player to Miami for 2 future second picks, in exchange for Pile O'Cash - not unlike several Reds "trades" consummated during the Lindner/Allen days.

    Warren would have complimented DeAndre Ayton (who has added the three-point shot to his arsenal) up front. Then again, Warren's defense has improved exponentially under Nate McMillan in Indiana.
    at the time, they saw this combo forward that was on his second contract and taking up material cap space, he was not an ideal fit with Booker's timeline, he did not play defense, he did not shoot the 3...and was really bad when he tried, played below the rim and they had recently used high draft picks on Small Forwards that they wanted to get on the court to see how they fit with Booker. In hindsight, I get what they were thinking.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  19. #238
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,331

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    at the time, they saw this combo forward that was on his second contract and taking up material cap space, he was not an ideal fit with Booker's timeline, he did not play defense, he did not shoot the 3...and was really bad when he tried, played below the rim and they had recently used high draft picks on Small Forwards that they wanted to get on the court to see how they fit with Booker. In hindsight, I get what they were thinking.
    Warren started burying 3's in the 2018-19 season (43% on 4.2 attempts per game). Indiana seemingly was the only team who took notice.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  20. #239
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,331

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Warren was nuts, but if a team gives up 46 points in the 4th quarter, they should get two losses for that.

    Let's see...what happened tonight...

    1) Stagnant offense without Embiid on the floor (and one the opponent took 3 minutes to figure out regardless)? Check.
    2) Poor mixes of offensive talent on the floor at critical times? Check.
    3) +21 with Embiid on the floor and -27 in 14 minutes without him? Check.
    4) Twenty-one turnovers? Check.

    <Interlude...any of this sounding familiar yet...?>

    5) Raul Neto getting 21 minutes while Burks and Thybulle get only 12 each? Check.
    6) Sixers let another moderately talented player hit a career high in points? Check.
    7) Sixers lose with a full compliment of players while the other team is missing two of their three best? Check.

    <Interlude #2...No, really. Is ANY of this sounding familiar yet? It sure as heck does to me...>

    8) Brett Brown gets dramatically out-coached. Check.
    9) Sixers blow a double-digit fourth quarter lead? Check.
    10) Shake Milton gets in a verbal altercation with Joel Embiid during a time out. Well, THAT'S new!

    I'm not sure if the Milton/Embiid tiff was about one of Joel's lazy inbound passes or if Shake was just frustrated that no one would throw him the ball for pretty much the entire first half. Could have been both, I guess.

    I loved the pundits raving about the Sixers during the down time. Embiid will be rested! Simmons will be healthy! Blah blah. That nonsense just cements them as the best off-season team in the NBA.
    I remain flabbergasted that they haven't added a ball-handler/distributor/scorer to that mix.

    Yet, even more than that, how much clearer does Brett Brown need to make it that he's never going to make sense of what they've got?
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  21. #240
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,935

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    at the time, they saw this combo forward that was on his second contract and taking up material cap space, he was not an ideal fit with Booker's timeline, he did not play defense, he did not shoot the 3...and was really bad when he tried, played below the rim and they had recently used high draft picks on Small Forwards that they wanted to get on the court to see how they fit with Booker. In hindsight, I get what they were thinking.
    Warren's been an elite shooter for a couple of years, including his last season in Phoenix. There were multiple stories about Warren's marksmanship his last season in Arizona. He shot almost 43% on more than four attempts per game. That's volume and efficiency. The difference between Warren as a Sun and a Pacer is how well he's shot the mid-range jumper. (Part of that is Nate McMillan's old-school offense.)

    McMillan may have stumbled on a major find. Warren may well blossom as a small(ish) shoot-first PF. In the Pacers' lineup against Philly, he was the nominal power forward. (The Holidays, Oladipo, and Turner were the other starters.) Moving him to the power forward spot makes him a tough match-up for most-- he's got a pretty good first step and a good step-back jumper. More importantly, he's got a solid handle and is decisive in his movements. Now, part of that may be because Ben Simmons was horrible in defending him-- and Embiid did absolutely nothing as a help defender. Simmons repeatedly lost him on back cuts to the hoop and around screens or, rather than fight through picks, he went under and allowed open looks from distance. Embiid was perpetually a step slow as a help defender as well. Warren hit six shots wherein Embiid was supposed to be help defense. Embiid chose not to challenge on all six. (That may be a Philadelphia defensive choice.) Check it out:



    Regardless, with Sabonis out, this is likely the best lineup the Pacers can put out there. They'll have to rebound well enough to do so. PG Aaron Holiday abused Shake Melton (and Raul Neto) in grabbing 10 rebounds last night. We'll see what happens, of course, but with the NBA moving to smaller and smaller lineups, I like it.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator