Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

Down 22, came back and went toe-to-toe with them in the 4th on a day BOS was shooting lights out, only to see them nail two clutch 3's on back-to-back plays under a minute to go. Still had a chance. POR still controls their own destiny.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That was fun. The Celtics killed 'em on the wings. Tatum, Brown and Hayward had free reign. Trent looked good for Portland. Would be worried about diminishing returns if Dame and CJ are playing 40+ minutes a game.
    Obviously, what Kingspoint meant was that Portland would win every game (except one). They'll go undefeated! except for this game

4. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-02-2020),Kingspoint (08-02-2020),M2 (08-02-2020)

San Antonio is doing the most San Antonio thing possible.

Without two starters (including a near All-Star in Aldridge), they've won two in a row, leapfrogging Portland two games now behind Memphis. Keldon Johnson is the latest, late-round find for Popovich and company. He plays with a rookie's reckless abandon, makes a bunch of stupid mistakes, but somehow does just enough to make a difference.

6. Likes:

M2 (08-03-2020)

Portland no longer controls its own destiny. Facts can be pesky things. If you don't like them, just ignore them.

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    When BKN let him walk, it was a huge mistake.
    When was Warren ever with the Nets?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

The Rockets team that beat the Bucks tonight was nothing like the team that beat the Mavs. They dug in defensively and even tho they were severely undersized, played physical enough to disrupt what the Bucks wanted to do. Tonight's Rockets are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Down 22, came back and went toe-to-toe with them in the 4th on a day BOS was shooting lights out, only to see them nail two clutch 3's on back-to-back plays under a minute to go. Still had a chance. POR still controls their own destiny.
    The comeback was exciting, but Portland's defense is not good. Collins got cooked on the perimeter. Melo's a turnstile. Kemba was able to get into their interior at will. On the bright side, Nurk looks good. He even got punched in the face, which is his signature move.

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    San Antonio is doing the most San Antonio thing possible.

Without two starters (including a near All-Star in Aldridge), they've won two in a row, leapfrogging Portland two games now behind Memphis. Keldon Johnson is the latest, late-round find for Popovich and company. He plays with a rookie's reckless abandon, makes a bunch of stupid mistakes, but somehow does just enough to make a difference.
    Johnson's game fits pretty well with what SA does. Nice size, handle and can shoot. He should also be an excellent defender in time. White and Murray are kinda on that edge of about to become pretty good NBAers too. DDR deferring to the young guys has been cool to see. Lotta pieces there, not sure any are gonna be great, but hey whatever works heh.

Memphis seems determined to make life difficult on itself. Losing to Portland and San Antonio out of the gate was sub-optimal.

PHX won their 2nd game in a row knocking off the Mav's. Jevon Carter had another solid outing. He can be a very good backup PG in this league for many years if given the opportunity. I am bias as heck when it comes to Carter, but when he gets run, he plays well. He does not take a ton of shots when there are better options on the court, but does not pass up open opportunities....he doesn't turn the ball over....he moves the ball and he always makes the defense more aggressive on the perimeter. I just hope he gets out of PHX and can secure a more consistent role because one night in PHX he will play 24 minutes, and the next night he will play 4 minutes.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Memphis seems determined to make life difficult on itself. Losing to Portland and San Antonio out of the gate was sub-optimal.
    everyone outside of Spurs fans are going to be upset when they secure the 8th seed....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    PHX won their 2nd game in a row knocking off the Mav's. Jevon Carter had another solid outing. He can be a very good backup PG in this league for many years if given the opportunity. I am bias as heck when it comes to Carter, but when he gets run, he plays well. He does not take a ton of shots when there are better options on the court, but does not pass up open opportunities....he doesn't turn the ball over....he moves the ball and he always makes the defense more aggressive on the perimeter. I just hope he gets out of PHX and can secure a more consistent role because one night in PHX he will play 24 minutes, and the next night he will play 4 minutes.
    Cam Johnson was great tonight too. To pick or not to pick him for my DFS lineup cost me a lot of money. I didn't, and he went 10x. 19-12-4

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    everyone outside of Spurs fans are going to be upset when they secure the 8th seed....
    If they can pull this off, Pop deserves immediate enshrinement in Springfield.

19. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-03-2020),Revering4Blue (08-03-2020)

Jonathan Isaac suffered what appears to be another fairly serious leg injury today. Really good dude, and in normal times literally every halfway decent human would agree, but because 2020 he's getting the business on social media. Worst part is how talented he is as a freakishly huge guy that can play the 3 and be a mismatch for everyone in the NBA. Just sucks.

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-03-2020),M2 (08-03-2020),ochoa30 (08-03-2020),Revering4Blue (08-03-2020)

Isaac....torn ACL in his left knee. I really hate this for the guy....probably best to just rehab and be ready to roll in the 2021-22 season.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

23. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-03-2020),Revering4Blue (08-03-2020)

Turn Off Ads?