Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

Perhaps I'm not giving the three months off enough consideration. The Bucks, after playing last night, are getting beat by the G League castoffs known as the Brooklyn Nets. No Kyrie. No Dinwiddie. No Durant. No Price. No LeVert. No Harris. No Allen. No Durant. No problem.

Jamal Crawford also had a hamstring issue and played about a minute and a half of real basketball.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I know I’m old school, but my hoops season transitions from watching a little local high school to college and NCAAs to NBA playoffs as the season evolves. Trying to wrap my head around watching NBA games in August in some odd virtual reality gym is just too jarring. I’m having a hard enough time warming back up to baseball and trying to envision what college and pro football will be like. NBA Basketball just doesn’t fit in all that. I mean, when is the 2020-21 NBA season starting? October?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Refs swallowed their whistles as George fouled Booker on the last shot attempt. Booker made it anyway to give Monty Williams' Suns a 3-0 start in Orlando.

The only justification to replace Monty Williams in New Orleans was that Alvin Gentry is an excellent coach. Monty Williams is good, too.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Booker is one of those rare guys who can get his no matter how good the D. Paul George was draped on him. Leonard cut him off early enough that even an open J was tough. Booker just found a way. 35/8/4 with 2 TO is great to see. 3-0 is even better.

Other notes:

Miami is beating Boston currently late in the second quarter. Without Jimmy Butler. Tyler Herro is doing his best Butler impersonation on offense. Jae Crowder, having found his shot in the months-long layoff, is perfect from the floor currently. Speaking of, if Crowder can be a solid 3 and D guy, he'll get them yet another weapon. That team is just all sorts of fun to watch.

TJ Warren is having another TJ Warren game. 75% from the floor on 12 shots. 3 - 4 from three. He's also got a couple of steals and a block. On the other end, Jonathan Isaac's injury may open up the floor for Aaron Gordon. He's a much more interesting player as a power forward than an oversized SF.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 08-04-2020 at 07:40 PM.

6. Likes:

M2 (08-04-2020)

Bad news for the (Grizzly) Bears:
    The Memphis Grizzlies, having already lost their first three games inside the NBA's bubble here at the Walt Disney World Resort, were dealt a significant blow to their playoff hopes Tuesday when promising young forward Jaren Jackson Jr. was ruled out for the remainder of the season after suffering a meniscus tear in his left knee.
    That's from ESPN - The Worldwide Leader in Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Bad news for the (Grizzly) Bears:

That's from ESPN - The Worldwide Leader in Sports.
    Think that finishes them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Booker is one of those rare guys who can get his no matter how good the D. Paul George was draped on him. Leonard cut him off early enough that even an open J was tough. Booker just found a way. 35/8/4 with 2 TO is great to see. 3-0 is even better.

Other notes:

Miami is beating Boston currently late in the second quarter. Without Jimmy Butler. Tyler Herro is doing his best Butler impersonation on offense. Jae Crowder, having found his shot in the months-long layoff, is perfect from the floor currently. Speaking of, if Crowder can be a solid 3 and D guy, he'll get them yet another weapon. That team is just all sorts of fun to watch.

TJ Warren is having another TJ Warren game. 75% from the floor on 12 shots. 3 - 4 from three. He's also got a couple of steals and a block. On the other end, Jonathan Isaac's injury may open up the floor for Aaron Gordon. He's a much more interesting player as a power forward than an oversized SF.
    Booker felt the pressure from George, felt George push Booker's left hand away from the ball, yet Booker consciously hung himself in the air outlasting George's airtime long enough to hold onto the ball, outwait George's release and get off a clean shot that swished through the net. All-Star move.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Think that finishes them?
    No. MEM hangs their hats on Defense. They will miss JJ no more than SAS misses Aldridge. Their issue is inexperience. JJ never gave them the experience needed to win these kinds of games, so it changes nothing.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-04-2020 at 11:55 PM.

HOU did a good job on Lillard in the 1st half.

Blazers take out the Rockets, win the season series 3-1.

Outrebound them 64-39.

Blazers' excellent Defense holds HOU to 102 points, holds the league's leading scorer, Harden, to 23 points, snaps Westbrook's streak of 20+ point games at 34 holding him to 15 points.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-04-2020 at 11:45 PM.

Green and Tucker are high quality playoff pieces who will get HOU to at least the 2nd Rd as compliments to Harden and Westbrook. Westbrook is playing the best basketball of his career this season. 10 games into this we'll see teams get their timing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Green and Tucker are high quality playoff pieces who will get HOU to at least the 2nd Rd as compliments to Harden and Westbrook.
    When I hear someone praising Jeff Green, all I can think of is this:

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Portland's Defensive Rating against Houston: 100.0.

Harden's Defensive Rating: 112.0
    Westbrook's Defensive Rating: 112.8

Dame's Defensive Rating: 102.3
    Melo's Defensive Rating: 101.3

I hear Houston is supposed to have a pretty good Offense.

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

The NBA has once again announced that there are no new positive COVID-19 tests recorded inside the bubble. This is the third straight week of zero positive tests as the bubble continues to hold off the virus. A major hat tip goes to the NBA for providing a safe environment for players and staff and all signs point to a successful restart.

Aug 5, 2020, 1:55 PM ET

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-05-2020)

The Grizz lose again, 124-115 to the Jazz. They're halfway to losing all their bubble games.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?