Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1001

Thread: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

  1. #751
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,082

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Or, alternatively, no one gets apoplectic about the term "white boy" so there isn't much to see here.
    Some posters don't seem to grasp the idea that the term "boy" can have negative connotations in one respect and not the other.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #752
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,082

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Giannis vs. Bam is going to be fascinating. Butler vs. Middleton too.

    Agreed about 3-point accuracy, though that's attached to whose depth delivers.
    Bam's going to get eaten alive, I suspect. Giannis on a mission is undeniable.

    If I'm Spo, I'm not sure which way to play it:

    - Do I play Bam one-on-one with Giannis, knowing he's not yet where he needs to be? At best, Bam ends up with 5 TO's, but a fouled-out and/or exhausted Giannis late is the best scenario possible.
    - Do I double Giannis every possession and make Middleton and company beat me? That hasn't worked for the rest of the NBA. Who doubles? Butler? Seems like a tall order.

    I'm playing with the idea of whether it'd be a good idea to let Duncan Robinson play Giannis one-on-one defensively, sic Bam on Middleton and deny everyone else.

  4. #753
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,082

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    One talking head mentioned Luka Doncic in the same breath as Larry Bird this morning.

    I laughed.

    Then I thought some more about the comparison.

    I didn't laugh after thinking on it.

  5. Likes:

    Chip R (08-25-2020),M2 (08-24-2020)

  6. #754
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,704

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    One talking head mentioned Luka Doncic in the same breath as Larry Bird this morning.

    I laughed.

    Then I thought some more about the comparison.

    I didn't laugh after thinking on it.
    Bill Simmons is unironically calling him Luka Legend.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  7. #755
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,082

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Bill Simmons is unironically calling him Luka Legend.
    Step slow? Check.

    Ridiculous vision? Check.

    Makes others better? Check.

    Rebounds remarkably well? Check.

    Tougher than he looks? Check.

    Irrational confidence? Yup.

    The only thing Doncic doesn't do (yet) is shoot the ball well. Then again, Bird's second season saw him slump to less than 30% shooting from deep. (And he mostly stayed down there until 1984.)

  8. Likes:

    Chip R (08-25-2020)

  9. #756
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,704

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Kyle Lowry's ankle sprain could affect the upcoming series with the Celtics. If he's healthy, I think I like the Raptors in that series. If he's not, I think I like the Celtics.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  10. #757
    Member Rojo Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,066

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    As a Magic fan I just wish they would just call the series. We have no shooting. Fournier is yesterdays trash and Ross has shot 6/22 from outside for the series. Fournier is 14/43 from the field (32.5%) for the series as of right now. He more than likely picks up his PO for next season (17 mil) so i'll have to suffer through another season of them trying to make him a focal point on offense again.

  11. #758
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Western NC, by way of VB, VA
    Posts
    4,148

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Step slow? Check.

    Ridiculous vision? Check.

    Makes others better? Check.

    Rebounds remarkably well? Check.

    Tougher than he looks? Check.

    Irrational confidence? Yup.

    The only thing Doncic doesn't do (yet) is shoot the ball well. Then again, Bird's second season saw him slump to less than 30% shooting from deep. (And he mostly stayed down there until 1984.)
    Luka's combination of skill, confidence, youth, and competitive fire is almost unfathomable. Man, is he fun to watch.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  12. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (08-24-2020)

  13. #759
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,704

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    As a Magic fan I just wish they would just call the series. We have no shooting. Fournier is yesterdays trash and Ross has shot 6/22 from outside for the series. Fournier is 14/43 from the field (32.5%) for the series as of right now. He more than likely picks up his PO for next season (17 mil) so i'll have to suffer through another season of them trying to make him a focal point on offense again.
    That's so weird, because Fournier had been having his best season before the bubble. Had he kept that up he'd be opting out and getting paid. Though I still think the most glaring problem with the Magic is they need someone to run that team and it's never going to be Fultz.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  14. #760
    Member Rojo Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,066

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That's so weird, because Fournier had been having his best season before the bubble. Had he kept that up he'd be opting out and getting paid. Though I still think the most glaring problem with the Magic is they need someone to run that team and it's never going to be Fultz.
    If Fultz doesn't significantly improve next season (his shooting) then they should not meet his 15M QO.

  15. #761
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,704

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    If Fultz doesn't significantly improve next season (his shooting) then they should not meet his 15M QO.
    I'd like to see them be more proactive. They were 25th in pace and 27th in eFG% this season.

    They've got $122M on the books for next season. They're paying Vuce, Gordon and Fournier to be good now. They're paying Ross and Aminu to be quality bench/rotation players. Seems to me they've got two choices: either figure out how to be legit good next season (as in 50ish wins and advancing in the playoffs) or blow that thing up. Seeing that they were in the wilderness for so long before this, I figure they ought to try to make it work. Move a bigger guy - Gordon or Vuce - and add a full-service PG and a wing who can shoot.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  16. Likes:

    BillDoran (08-24-2020),Revering4Blue (08-24-2020)

  17. #762
    Member texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    17,559

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth


  18. Likes:

    SteelSD (08-24-2020)

  19. #763
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,704

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Hey, Brett Brown just got canned. Can't claim all of it was his fault, but a lot of it was his fault.

    texasdave beat me to it. I suspect every Sixers fan just got their wish.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  20. Likes:

    SteelSD (08-24-2020)

  21. #764
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,247

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'd like to see them be more proactive. They were 25th in pace and 27th in eFG% this season.

    They've got $122M on the books for next season. They're paying Vuce, Gordon and Fournier to be good now. They're paying Ross and Aminu to be quality bench/rotation players. Seems to me they've got two choices: either figure out how to be legit good next season (as in 50ish wins and advancing in the playoffs) or blow that thing up. Seeing that they were in the wilderness for so long before this, I figure they ought to try to make it work. Move a bigger guy - Gordon or Vuce - and add a full-service PG and a wing who can shoot.
    They've got wwaayy too much money wrapped up in mediocre players. Blow it up, and I'm not sure anybody's off limits. I do like Clifford though.

  22. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (08-24-2020),Rojo Rijo (08-24-2020)

  23. #765
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Or, alternatively, no one gets apoplectic about the term "white boy" so there isn't much to see here.
    Or you do not routinely bend yourself into a pretzel to ensure everything fits neatly into your preferred reality....just saying maybe that could be it...
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator