Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Thread: Are We Gonna Baseball?

Re: Are We Gonna Baseball?

The Blue Jays will not be playing in Toronto - https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...n-toronto.html. Not terribly surprising news given that the border is closed.

So, the Buffalo Blue Jays?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Blue Jays will not be playing in Toronto - https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...n-toronto.html. Not terribly surprising news given that the border is closed.

Do the Jays even have a contingency plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Do the Jays even have a contingency plan?
    Probably Buffalo (their AAA affiliate) or Dunedin, FL (their spring training complex).

MLB back in Buffalo after 135 years.

First step in the Jays eventual move into the US?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    MLB back in Buffalo after 135 years.

First step in the Jays eventual move into the US?
    Why would they move to the US on a permanent basis? Toronto is a massive city.

That’s a rather run down stadium. I’m guessing the find a more modern one with better facilities for the players. They are all empty now. Might as well pick the best one.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Where can I buy the cardboard photo cut out of me in a seat behind the plate, talking on my cell phone and waving at the camera? I want to see my face on TV for HOURS.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    That’s a rather run down stadium. I’m guessing the find a more modern one with better facilities for the players. They are all empty now. Might as well pick the best one.
    Yes, it is. It’s the biggest stadium in AAA and the outside looks like Yankee Stadium, but the inside is dark and cramped. Not that it matters when there are no fans.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Buffalo is the closest U.S. city to Toronto and it's their AAA affiliate. A good chunk of their team recently played there.

Never been to the park, but I know people who've gone and liked it. It's only 32 years old.

11. Likes:

DocRed (07-19-2020)

Why would they move to the US on a permanent basis? Toronto is a massive city.
    So was Montreal.

I don't expect to happen but they will be wanting a new stadium soon and nobody in Canada is going to give them money for it, and US cities love to get ripped off.
    Go Gators!

Damn, I remember when Pilot Field opened in Buffalo and was revolutionary for minor league stadiums. It was the state of the art. The Camden Yards of minor league baseball. Damn I'm old if that place now qualifies as "run down".

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Damn, I remember when Pilot Field opened in Buffalo and was revolutionary for minor league stadiums. It was the state of the art. The Camden Yards of minor league baseball. Damn I'm old if that place now qualifies as "run down".
    Amazing how that happens - one day you look back at something and its - wow, that was a long time ago - but it still seems like yesterday in your mind

15. Likes:

Boston Red (07-19-2020),RedlegJake (07-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    For the record, I was just referring to the players facilities as being run down. These days, MLB teams have crazy advanced workout rooms, clubhouses, video room, etc.. that most minor league stadiums lack.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...e-stadium.html

After the Canadian government denied approval for the Blue Jays to play games in Toronto this season, the Jays still don’t know where they still be playing just 10 days removed from their first scheduled “home” game, hosting the Nationals on July 29.

To this end, a number of different options are being explored, such as another Major League venue — Pittsburgh’s PNC Park. Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Jays have “looked into playing select home games at PNC Park in 2020.” As noted by Mackey in a follow-up tweet, the Blue Jays and Pirates only share seven conflicting dates for home games, with six of those coming after September 7.

If nothing else, a temporary move to Pittsburgh would give the Jays some time to spend the next six weeks getting another stadium up to Major League standards. For instance, there has been some hint that Buffalo’s Sahlen Field (home of the Jays’ Triple-A affiliate) could undergo the clubhouse, lighting and overall infrastructure upgrades necessary to host MLB games, though nothing has been finalized on that front.

Turn Off Ads?