Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Gonna Baseball?

Re: Are We Gonna Baseball?

What happened to the players stance of tell us where and when? That has seemed to change awfully quickly. Both sides are just idiots and much more of this and people wont care.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (06-19-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    What happened to the players stance of tell us where and when? That has seemed to change awfully quickly. Both sides are just idiots and much more of this and people wont care.
    The players seem to be pushing so hard and appear to be to blame if this negotiation falls apart. I understand having a diverse constituency, but them apparently backing out of a fair deal is a joke.

5. Likes:

Phoenix2 (06-18-2020),Rdirtypirates (06-18-2020),REDREAD (06-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    The outside doesn't look great either. No way I'd feed that to my cat.
    Looks more like what the cat would cover up in his litter box.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Players: ok, just tell us what we're going to do and we'll do it

Owners: we're going to do x,y,z

Players: we're not agreeing to that

Clown show is right.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

8. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-18-2020),Phoenix2 (06-18-2020),Rdirtypirates (06-18-2020),REDREAD (06-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Players: ok, just tell us what we're going to do and we'll do it

Owners: we're going to do x,y,z

Players: we're not agreeing to that

Clown show is right.
    Clown show for sure, since everything played out in the media, and both sides were unwilling to give an inch.

This has a chance to be a pretty epic season, you are talking about a season starting in mid July with every team having a shot.

I do find it ironic, it was "tell us when and where" and then all of a sudden its, well.... maybe not so much.

10. Likes:

Phoenix2 (06-18-2020),REDREAD (06-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Clown show for sure, since everything played out in the media, and both sides were unwilling to give an inch.

This has a chance to be a pretty epic season, you are talking about a season starting in mid July with every team having a shot.

I do find it ironic, it was "tell us when and where" and then all of a sudden its, well.... maybe not so much.
    This isn't where and when though.

Where and when is having the Commissioner impose the season, instead MLB floated a proposal. Semantics maybe. But the two things are different because of the number of games implied and the players right to file a grievance. We will see if this new proposal produces an agreement or we end up right back at where and when.

12. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post
    This isn't where and when though.

Where and when is having the Commissioner impose the season, instead MLB floated a proposal. Semantics maybe. But the two things are different because of the number of games implied and the players right to file a grievance. We will see if this new proposal produces an agreement or we end up right back at where and when.
    What you’re saying, and I think it’s correct, is that the essence of this is whether players prefer: a 60+ game season at pro rata pay; or a labor grievance.

It’s a bit of an oversimplification, but I think that’s the main issue.

I would not assume the Commissioner will impose a season. He may or may not, we don’t know.

Hopefully they can still work this out.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

If this is true then the owners have definitely "given an inch" and then some:

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    Breaking: MLB and players union are closing in on an agreement to play the 2020 season, via players. Deal expected to be for prorated pay and include expanded playoffs.
    In fact, isn't that exactly what the players have insisted on all along?

Did Tony Clark meet with Manfred alone? No tapes, no one taking notes? If that is the case, its he said v. he said? And pretty stupid on both parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Did Tony Clark meet with Manfred alone? No tapes, no one taking notes? If that is the case, its he said v. he said? And pretty stupid on both parts.
    I am not sure, interesting question. But if they did, and were working from a blank sheet, one of them is an extremely good note taker. OR they worked off a draft already prepared and did some red lining.

I also think the noise about whether there is a deal or not is overblown semantics. It isn't a deal until the entire agreement is flushed out and signed (Clark). But that doesn't mean there isn't a substantial framework there for the eventual deal to develop from (Manfred).
    Last edited by jup; 06-18-2020 at 10:09 AM.

17. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Let's celebrate the impending deal with an appetizer

Attachment 16174
    The Boomers' and their parents' fascination with mayonnaise and miracle whip is a complete affront to society.

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-18-2020)

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post
    I am not sure, interesting question. But if they did, and were working from a blank sheet, one of them is an extremely good note taker. OR they worked off a draft already prepared and did some red lining.

I also think the noise about whether there is a deal or not is overblown semantics. It isn't a deal until the entire agreement is flushed out and signed (Clark). But that doesn't mean there isn't a substantial framework there for the eventual deal to develop from (Manfred).
    It sounds like there’s a deal pending a physical.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    It sounds like there’s a deal pending a physical.
    I laughed.

Well played

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If this is true then the owners have definitely "given an inch" and then some:

In fact, isn't that exactly what the players have insisted on all along?
    Not exactly, no. The number of regular season games to be played has been a major bone of contention. If a deal in the 60s, the players would have compromised on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Not exactly, no. The number of regular season games to be played has been a major bone of contention. If a deal in the 60s, the players would have compromised on that point.
    I would say they definitely both compromise if this is the deal?
    Crazy Reds Fan

Turn Off Ads?