Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lost Boys director Joel Schumacher dies

Lost Boys director Joel Schumacher dies

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/j...or-1234644961/

Ignoring his inability to spell his own last name, this article claims he directed two batman films, but those movies never existed.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lost Boys director Joel Schumacher dies

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post

Ignoring his inability to spell his own last name, this article claims he directed two batman films, but those movies never existed.
    That he went on to make numerous hit movies in the wake of "D.C. Cab" is perhaps the most unlikely story of our times. That film would have ended the career of a lesser person.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

marcshoe (06-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That he went on to make numerous hit movies in the wake of "D.C. Cab" is perhaps the most unlikely story of our times. That film would have ended the career of a lesser person.
    What's even more fascinating is that he never made a movie much better than D.C. Cab and still had the career he had.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

6. Likes:

marcshoe (06-22-2020)

I hadn't realized it, but there's a clip from one of his movies newly embedded on the politics board. Looking over IMDB, I missed a few when I read the list earlier, most of which were pretty bad, such as The Number 23, one of the reasons I was hereafter hesitant to follow my sister's movie recommendations. Still, I'll defend The Lost Boys to the death for two reasons: One, it blended the silliness of its time with vampire mythos well, and two, it gave me the opportunity to hear Jimmy Barnes again. Also, Flatliners was almost good, although it should have invested itself in the experiences more.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 06-22-2020 at 06:36 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

No, no, you're wrong my friend. It was the Batman movie with the nipples. You just have to try harder to remember!

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    No, no, you're wrong my friend. It was the Batman movie with the nipples. You just have to try harder to remember!
    Sorry. Never existed.

Sorry. Never existed.
    Think dammit! You could cut glass on those things.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Sorry. Never existed.
    The one with Nicole Kidman existed, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    The one with Nicole Kidman existed, trust me.
    She would have made a better Batman than George Clooney.

(Yeah, I know it wasn't the same movie, but Val Kilmer could've worked out.)

13. Likes:

Dom Heffner (07-02-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Just posted a Falling Down clip the other day.

I will again:

Turn Off Ads?