Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ad Hoc Minor Leagues?

Ad Hoc Minor Leagues?

As part of (or in response to) the June 23rd agreement, a "league" of minor league baseball might be springing up centered around Nashville. To include attending fans. The Columbus Clippers owner stated there was a 20% chance of "league" there. Whether this is part of the the Nashville situation is unknown.

I suspect the situation changes hourly....
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ad Hoc Minor Leagues?

A 60-person pool, minus 26 - 30 players, leaves plenty of prospect spots with which to work.

We all, I suspect, thought Garcia, Fairchild, Lodolo, India, and Stephenson would be able to develop as part of a taxi squad, but the extra 20 spots or so in the old agreement could go to the best prospects in lower levels to develop.

Hunter Greene is probably ready to pitch limited innings. Santillan can continue to work on his control (and more importantly, his backed-up stuff). Others I'd expect to be included are Naughton, Sceroler, Solomon, Richardson, Siani, Hines, Callihan, Johnson, and Yang. Basically, a who's who of the top Red prospects all in one place.

Would the others who aren't included in the list be able to develop in Arizona? If so, I'd keep Hines, Callihan, and Johnson there (with Marrero and others). If not, I'd use those 20 spots for development purposes nearly completely.

I strongly suspect the taxi squad will be guys right on the cusp of the majors just in case they are needed, and not used for prospects. In fact I'd be surprised to see any of the guys you mentioned in paragraph 3.

I think the Reds will figure out some other way to get them work. I suspect the taxi squad will be a lot of AAAA guys like Colon.

And then the "Nashville" league will be other AAAA types that didn't get a spot on a taxi squad. For example if Scooter Gennett doesn't get a 60 man roster gig, he'd be a candidate for Nashville.

Each team will have 30 - 34 players to develop beyond the main roster.

I expect they'll have a combination of AAAA guys, nearly-ready prospects, and a top 10 of their young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Each team will have 30 - 34 players to develop beyond the main roster.

I expect they'll have a combination of AAAA guys, nearly-ready prospects, and a top 10 of their young guys.
    We'll find out Sunday.....

Guess you are right. Williams said their will be some prospects on in for development.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Guess you are right. Williams said their will be some prospects on in for development.
    It'll be interesting to see who is on the list.

(And whether there will be any spots for 2020 draft picks.)

I'm still waiting to see if they'll also be able to get work done in Arizona.

Turn Off Ads?