Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Vlad Guttierrez suspended 80 games for PEDs

Vlad Guttierrez suspended 80 games for PEDs

Per MLB

#Reds minor leaguer Vladimir Gutierrez was suspended 80 games for testing positive for Stanozolol.

That takes care of this year. And maybe his career.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Vlad Guttierrez suspended 80 games for PEDs

Cut him
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (06-28-2020),kaldaniels (06-28-2020),M2 (06-28-2020)

Maybe this is a dumb question, but his suspension can't begin until there are minor league games being played, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but his suspension can't begin until there are minor league games being played, correct?
    Probably.....?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

oh my what an epic tragedy he was destined to be the next ed sprague

What a bummer. So promising after his 2018 season. Wonder what the full story is.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    What a bummer. So promising after his 2018 season. Wonder what the full story is.
    He didn’t do it, He bought a supplement at GNC that had it in it or maybe another similar store. He would never do something like it.... that's usually the full story.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

10. Likes:

JaxRed (06-28-2020),kaldaniels (06-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Cut him
    If Driveline and Kyle Boddy are ever discovered to be a roid clinic you can ignore this but steroids go against the “intellectual route” the organization seems to be taking with pitchers. I get it, every extra edge helps...but I’d make an example of him entering the Boddy era.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    If Driveline and Kyle Boddy are ever discovered to be a roid clinic you can ignore this but steroids go against the “intellectual route” the organization seems to be taking with pitchers. I get it, every extra edge helps...but I’d make an example of him entering the Boddy era.
    Clearly you have never had a roid discussion with Kyle

I bring him back when the suspension is over. You have a very good chance you having an enhanced pitcher on staff

If you stay in touch with the latest research on roids and the lasting effect it has on the neuron count in the muscle fiber, you realize why guys like Nelson Cruz just don't seem to fall off a cliff when they come back. Even when you know the amount of testing they are undergoing is enhanced and it would be very hard to get away with taking a different steriod.

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post
    I bring him back when the suspension is over. You have a very good chance you having an enhanced pitcher on staff

If you stay in touch with the latest research on roids and the lasting effect it has on the neuron count in the muscle fiber, you realize why guys like Nelson Cruz just don't seem to fall off a cliff when they come back. Even when you know the amount of testing they are undergoing is enhanced and it would be very hard to get away with taking a different steriod.
    I have no moral fiber on this by the way. I just want the best end result for the Reds. If this was Hunter Greene I welcome him back next year with open arms. I was about done with Vlad anyway in terms of my hopes for him.

I have no moral fiber on this by the way. I just want the best end result for the Reds. If this was Hunter Greene I welcome him back next year with open arms. I was about done with Vlad anyway in terms of my hopes for him.
    I used to be one of the - get rid of the cheater crowd - but over the years my opinion has changed.

Now I look at it about winning and what gives the best possible odds for that. So count me in the no moral fiber crowd also.

Seems like a last chance ploy for a guy at the end of string. I don't have moral qualms with it either, but he's not worth a 40-man slot.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Never had a problem with any athlete, After he has been injured, to use PED under Doctor care to help get back on the field and healthy. They can go off them once they are ready to come back and play.

a little Winstrol never hurt anyone.....or any horses.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?