Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freddie Freeman has COVID-19 with symptoms

Freddie Freeman has COVID-19 with symptoms

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/b...join-the-team/

"He's running a fever, he has symptoms. He's not feeling great, as you do when you get this," Snitker said during a conference call with reporters. "But he's young and strong. The biggest thing we want him to do is get right and get better"

Freeman tested negative for COVID-19 on Monday and Tuesday as part of the summer camp intake testing, according to Snitker. He developed symptoms soon thereafter and was tested again, which resulted in the positive test. Summer camp opened Wednesday with each team holding their first official workout either Friday or Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Freddie Freeman has COVID-19 with symptoms

It’s own thread?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

NebraskaRed (07-04-2020)

He also has a sweet swing

6. Likes:

Always Red (07-07-2020),Ron Gant (07-04-2020)

This type of situation is going to the rule rather than the exception as we move forward. Just a fact of this disease.

Hoping his symptoms are mild and he recovers quickly. Also hoping he doesn’t suffer any long terms effects. He’s a great player and the game is better with him in it.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

9. Likes:

Ron Gant (07-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gant View Post
    This type of situation is going to the rule rather than the exception as we move forward. Just a fact of this disease.
    Yeah, and it makes me question if we’ll be able to finish this season. Buster Olney said there’s a 0% chance of playing to the end of the playoffs

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Yeah, and it makes me question if we’ll be able to finish this season. Buster Olney said there’s a 0% chance of playing to the end of the playoffs

The only way they cancel the playoffs is if the Reds are steamrolling to the World Series.

It is weird he tested negative twice and then came down with symptoms/positive test within the 'bubble' so quickly.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

If 2020 has taught us anything, it's that literally nobody on this planet can predict the future. Maybe they finish the season, maybe they won't (maybe they don't even start the season). But nobody knows what will happen.

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-04-2020)

I'm glad Buster resigned his position as baseball reporter to become God. I mean, why even make that statement?

Man, if the country had kept vigilant about getting cases low, instead of just sort of giving up, I would feel more confident. European sports seem to be going fine. But with the way cases are exploding in the US, it's just hard to see this ending well. All it's going to take is one player getting a severe case to put a real scare into people.

16. Likes:

Chip R (07-07-2020)

We’ve heard about the “Covid Party” in Alabama.

I wouldn’t put the same thing past some big leaguers to “get it out of the way.”

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    The only way they cancel the playoffs is if the Reds are steamrolling to the World Series.
    Probably. The Univ. of Dayton hoops lost out on a #1 seed in the NCAAs and the Browns will make the Super Bowl but it will get cancelled.

Been that kind of year.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

19. Likes:

FlightRick (07-05-2020)

don may should have kept his eligibility

Brian Snitker says players have gotten COVID twice.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ve-coronavirus

"Guys have gotten it more than once," Snitker said. "We're going to have to be careful all year, and it's going to be the new normal for the next three months."

Snitker said it was important for baseball and society to know even one of the game's biggest stars can test positive. . Snitker said he was surprised the numbers were not higher.
    https://elemental.medium.com/getting...m-92929d979491

I mean anything is possible but at this point at minimum it is quite rare...

gotten it more than once? snitker is reporting this is factual before medical professionals have said it's a possibility? that people can get covid-19, then recover, then get it again?

Turn Off Ads?