Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freddie Freeman has COVID-19 with symptoms

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Re: Freddie Freeman has COVID-19 with symptoms

The Double COVID has actually been a matter of record for 2 months or so (at least, that's when I first read about it). It is rare, and since nobody can agree on the mechanism behind it, no doctors/science-literate-people are loudly discussing it, but it's also real.

The best theory so far is "if you get it, but are asymptomatic, you don't develop a lot of antibodies, so your immunity dies off sooner," which is why there's been a shift in the direction of the research from a vaccine to antibody treatments. Or that's been my understanding of the stuff I've seen, and I'm not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV.

But it's something that's out there for laypeople like us, you just need a halfway decently curated newsfeed with an aggregator like Axios that can point you to the right original reporting. Even reliable major networks who digest stories for the 24-hour news cycle don't get a whole lot of mileage from stories where doctors are still arguing for each other. For some reason, they give more coverage to "mask vs. anti-mask. But I digress....

Point is, yes, it's basically proven that you can get the COVID twice, and even if you don't get personally sick, you also still get infectious twice, which is really the important thing that we, as a society, are dealing with in the big picture.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    gotten it more than once? snitker is reporting this is factual before medical professionals have said it's a possibility? that people can get covid-19, then recover, then get it again?
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/06/dr-f...uncertain.html

Fauci, the director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, added that reports of recovered Covid-19 patients being reinfected with the virus are probably inaccurate. He said it’s more likely that the test used to detect Covid-19 probably picked up fragments of the virus still in the recovered patient’s body, but they probably hadn’t been reinfected.
    I’ll side with Dr. Fauci over Dr. Snitker on this one.

4. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (07-07-2020),DocRed (07-07-2020),Larkin Fan (07-07-2020),Rolando (07-06-2020)

Snitker and FlightRick overrule Fauci 2-1.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. Likes:

DocRed (07-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Snitker and FlightRick overrule Fauci 2-1.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    /defeated

8. Likes:

Norm Chortleton (07-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/06/dr-f...uncertain.html

I’ll side with Dr. Fauci over Dr. Snitker on this one.
    In other words stick your day job Brian!
    Crazy Reds Fan

Pedro Moura
    @pedromoura
    The Dodgers are missing at least seven players from camp: Kenley Jansen, A.J. Pollock, Pedro Báez, Gavin Lux, Tony Gonsolin, Scott Alexander, and Keibert Ruiz.

Dave Roberts could not explain their absences. He said he is hopeful all seven will return “sooner than later."

11. Likes:

DocRed (07-07-2020)

Turn Off Ads?