Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Observations from workouts

Re: Observations from workouts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Thanks for the notes. I am fine with Farmer as backup SS, mainly because Galvis is a workhorse who can play every inning. I still think we'll see Garcia if Galvis goes down for an extended period.

Bullpen is an enormous weak spot. A lot will hinge on the the SP. If the starters all stay healthy/virus free, the bullpen might be ok. I think Mahle could be really good as a 2-inning guy twice a week. De Leon as well, if that's their plan. But hopefully the offense will be good enough to give the bullpen 3 run leads instead of last year's 1 run leads or tie games that would eventually get blown up.
    I think the pen is this team's Achilles heel as well. I've been impressed with Nate Jones, Brooks Raley and Tejay Antone, but they are bigger questions than the guys who I think are iffy to rely on to begin with. This early it's hard to really tell much. Guys are at different points in getting ready so somebody who looks awful (Sims, Reed) might pass these guys by in a week. At least they have guys who seem like legitimate bodies. Somebody will surely step up, right? Right?? RIGHT????
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    #Reds should have their 30-man roster close to set by this time next week, David Bell said.

Any word on today's scrimmage?

Brewers radio/tv announcers will start calling the scrimmage games starting tomorrow. I wish the Reds would get on this.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...=snd-autopilot

6. Likes:

Cherokee (07-13-2020),DocRed (07-13-2020),Edd Roush (07-13-2020),Ron Madden (07-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Brewers radio/tv announcers will start calling the scrimmage games starting tomorrow. I wish the Reds would get on this.

Or at least give us live sound....

8. Likes:

goldglover9 (07-13-2020)

I don't know, I'm in no rush to hear Thom release all the hot air he surely has bottled up about the current situation.

10. Likes:

CaiGuy (07-13-2020),Edd Roush (07-13-2020),goldglover9 (07-13-2020),Kingspoint (07-13-2020),NebraskaRed (07-13-2020),Red Raindog (07-14-2020)

Sound- yes, THom- no

12. Likes:

goldglover9 (07-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
    I don't know, I'm in no rush to hear Thom release all the hot air he surely has bottled up about the current situation.
    Maybe he just explodes even more incomprehensibly than he usually does: "Straight up in the air....grounder to third and that'll do it. You know, and I don't mean, DEAL-SON DEAL-SON Can you believe it? Can-you-believe it? In the air...and the kick is blocked! Rally bird!"

There are umpires wearing masks during today's scrimmage. I haven't watched the last couple days, is this new?

15. Likes:

DocRed (07-13-2020)

Romano starting. It's a "bullpen" day for one squad and Disco for the other. With one out Garcia doubles.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-13-2020)

There are umpires wearing masks during today's scrimmage. I haven't watched the last couple days, is this new?
    Dunno but I really hope MLB makes the home plate ump wear one during the season. They already dropped the ball by not going Robo Ump this year. No one could have possibly argued against it this year based on safety alone.

19. Likes:

NebraskaRed (07-13-2020)

There was an umpire behind the plate Sunday

21. Likes:

NebraskaRed (07-13-2020)

Reds run themselves out of a rally. Blandino walks and then Garcia gets thrown out stealing third and Blandino gets picked off.

Winker line shot to CF robbed by nice diving play by Jankowski.

Winker hits sinking liner to CF that Jankowski makes a nice play on. VM deflects one off Disco's glove and Garcia makes nice play to retire him.

Suarez doubles into gap.

Moose flies out.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 07-13-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Turn Off Ads?