Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Your Favorite Current Red?

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Current Red?

yes excellent point, it was a tough call leaving off Greg Garrett, Keefe Cato, and Jon Noriega

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    yes excellent point, it was a tough call leaving off Greg Garrett, Keefe Cato, and Jon Noriega
    What about Greg Caderet, Skeeter Barnes, and Russ Nixon?
    We could go Mike Vail, Mike Frank, and Mike Anderson?
    Or maybe Tim Costo, Tim Belk, and Tim Belcher?
    Or even Scott Scudder, Scott Bradley, and Scott Brown.
    Last edited by WrongVerb; 07-07-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I stopped having a 'favorite player' when I stopped wearing other mens jerseys. Probably when I was 16.

I am a fan of the team, and the sum product of a competent and enviable organization. One that is smart, forward thinking, shrewd, dedicated to winning, and being a good representation for the city and the surrounding markets.

Over the last 30 years, the Reds and Bengals have left much to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by TOG View Post
    I stopped having a 'favorite player' when I stopped wearing other mens jerseys. Probably when I was 16.

I am a fan of the team, and the sum product of a competent and enviable organization. One that is smart, forward thinking, shrewd, dedicated to winning, and being a good representation for the city and the surrounding markets.

Over the last 30 years, the Reds and Bengals have left much to be desired.
    Well the sport has become more about being a fan of a player than a team. Fans follow players now as they move from team to team. Players drive fan interaction, they are what people pay to watch. Even more so now with social media. Especially if you want to attract a younger demographic.

Not sure what all the - "when I stopped wearing other mens jerseys. Probably when I was 16." - is about. But if you were trying to insinuate that everyone that does have a favorite player and wears a jersey is immature, then you did a good job of insulting a whole bunch of folks.

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post
    Well the sport has become more about being a fan of a player than a team. Fans follow players now as they move from team to team. Players drive fan interaction, they are what people pay to watch. Even more so now with social media. Especially if you want to attract a younger demographic.

Not sure what all the - "when I stopped wearing other mens jerseys. Probably when I was 16." - is about. But if you were trying to insinuate that everyone that does have a favorite player and wears a jersey is immature, then you did a good job of insulting a whole bunch of folks.

That is exactly what I was saying. It's weird to wear a 27 year olds jersey when you are in your 40s or 50s

Quote Originally Posted by TOG View Post
    That is exactly what I was saying. It's weird to wear a 27 year olds jersey when you are in your 40s or 50s
    I noticed you also made a point of it being about "mens jerseys" - OK for women or is that banned also.

How about as night shirts for women (a lot of women use them that way)- especially short ones - dose that also fall under your "immature" label ???

Real inclusive there big guy

wrong verb did a great job and even

Mike McQueen
    Tim Birtsas
    Scott Sullivan

approve

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post
    I noticed you also made a point of it being about "mens jerseys" - OK for women or is that banned also.

How about as night shirts for women (a lot of women use them that way)- especially short ones - dose that also fall under your "immature" label ???

Real inclusive there big guy
    You want Me to be more inclusive for you? Lol.

I know he’s not the best player in the world, but I always root for Tucker Barnhart. He just seems like such a solid guy to me...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Completely benign, friendly, interesting thread topic, and someone still finds a way to come in and insult anyone who answers the topic question.

12. Likes:

Cherokee (07-07-2020),DocRed (07-07-2020),Ron Madden (07-07-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    wrong verb did a great job and even

Mike McQueen
    Tim Birtsas
    Scott Sullivan

approve
    Certainly, but what about Reggie Jefferson, Jeff Austin, and Austin Kearns?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Completely benign, friendly, interesting thread topic, and someone still finds a way to come in and insult anyone who answers the topic question.
    This board is much more enjoyable once you start using the "Ignore" feature. Only have to deal with trolls when someone quotes them in a reply.

15. Likes:

DocRed (07-07-2020),NebraskaRed (07-07-2020)

Votto, followed closely by Suarez and Castillo

jeff austin was amazing,, four homers in a row a walk off pitching performance

I think there is a difference between favorite player and looking up to players as heroes.

Probably in about my late 30’s, I realized professional athletes were just flawed people like me. They had the strengths and weaknesses and talents and flaws. They just happened to play baseball really well. I think that was about when I stopped looking up to players and having heroes.

But that doesn’t mean there aren’t players I appreciate for their baseball skills. I think this is the category I use for “favorite” players. I still love Joe Morgan as a player and the game he had. But I’ve come to realize he’s just a man, flaws and all.

It doesn’t detract from my enjoyment of the sport.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 07-07-2020 at 02:43 PM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

19. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-07-2020),NebraskaRed (07-07-2020),RedsBaron (07-08-2020),Ron Madden (07-07-2020)

Turn Off Ads?