Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feeling bummed?

Re: Anyone else feeling bummed?

I feel fine

2. Likes:

JFLegal (07-22-2020),Revering4Blue (07-23-2020),Roy Tucker (07-22-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I think the Reds take the whole thing. Just have that feeling. To me, it would be cool to win a WS that nobody will ever forget.

I have also the feeling of the Reds being five games up and the season getting cancelled, because that's how Cincinnati sports work -- but I'm ignoring that feeling because it's almost opening day

5. Likes:

JFLegal (07-22-2020),REDREAD (07-22-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
    I think the Reds take the whole thing. Just have that feeling. To me, it would be cool to win a WS that nobody will ever forget.

I have also the feeling of the Reds being five games up and the season getting cancelled, because that's how Cincinnati sports work -- but I'm ignoring that feeling because it's almost opening day
    Maybe not the season getting cancelled, but if they make it to the World Series, there is definitely going to be some kind of covid outbreak in the clubhouse that leads to Suarez, Gray and Castillo having to be quarantined for 2 weeks.

I'm the opposite of bummed. Really looking forward to this 60-game season. Every game will mean so much. Best roster the Reds have had in quite some time. Very exciting stuff.

For a while there I put baseball on the back burner and was more interested in current events like Sahara Dust and Murder Hornets (not much else going on this year is there??). To break the boredom I began walking and hiking a lot and am really kind of getting into it. I'm getting excited for the Reds, but now the game is going to be on at the same time I take my 2 to 3 hour walk each evening. If I can find an old AM radio that I can listen to while walking that might be a great solution, but so far most of the ones I find don't get such clear reception. I'm a ways away from Cincy, but WLW is still the best bet for listening to the games. I guess I could stream on my phone, but that sounds expensive every day.

Such problems. Looking forward to a good season. Not bummed at all.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

9. Likes:

vaticanplum (07-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    For a while there I put baseball on the back burner and was more interested in current events like Sahara Dust and Murder Hornets (not much else going on this year is there??). To break the boredom I began walking and hiking a lot and am really kind of getting into it. I'm getting excited for the Reds, but now the game is going to be on at the same time I take my 2 to 3 hour walk each evening. If I can find an old AM radio that I can listen to while walking that might be a great solution, but so far most of the ones I find don't get such clear reception. I'm a ways away from Cincy, but WLW is still the best bet for listening to the games. I guess I could stream on my phone, but that sounds expensive every day.

Such problems. Looking forward to a good season. Not bummed at all.
    I think streaming would cost you $20 for the season, but I guess the total cost depends on your data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I feel fine
    That's why you are Ron Madden. You are the eye of the storm.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

No woooos. That makes me giddy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
    I think streaming would cost you $20 for the season, but I guess the total cost depends on your data plan.
    Data is what I'm worried about. Its expensive. I guess I could switch phone providers and get a deal, but I'm not really motivated to switch. Phones are a crazy industry. Long time customers who've been paying for, in my case almost 40 years to AT&T, have to pay full price for everything. But if you're a new customer whose never paid a dime to that particular provider, you get all kinds of free or well below market costs for things. No wonder everyone is a "mercenary." Maybe I should be as well.

In this post the word "mercenary" was a different word meaning a some one who sells their body for, uh, private purposes, but it came out all asterisks so I edited.
    Last edited by mth123; 07-23-2020 at 07:43 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I am having a hard time getting engaged. There's just so much other stuff occupying my mind right now- really important stuff- that I can't really see myself falling for baseball during a health crisis, a really nasty election with so much discord and dystopia. I am hoping that changes after the team starts playing.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

16. Likes:

dreghorntwo (07-23-2020),westofyou (07-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I am having a hard time getting engaged. There's just so much other stuff occupying my mind right now- really important stuff- that I can't really see myself falling for baseball during a health crisis, a really nasty election with so much discord and dystopia. I am hoping that changes after the team starts playing.
    I felt that way until the last week or so. I can't do anything about our stupid leaders, all the rhetoric or how other people behave. I'm not convinced that the season won't be seriously altered as the virus hits some teams hard, but I'm excited by the Reds potential. If the bullpen holds up, I think they have a good chance to do some damage. I think the bullpen is a huge if though.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I felt that way until the last week or so. I can't do anything about our stupid leaders, all the rhetoric or how other people behave. I'm not convinced that the season won't be seriously altered as the virus hits some teams hard, but I'm excited by the Reds potential. If the bullpen holds up, I think they have a good chance to do some damage. I think the bullpen is a huge if though.
    You can do something, you can vote. Please do.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

19. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (07-23-2020),dreghorntwo (07-23-2020),Roy Tucker (07-23-2020),SunDeck (07-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You can do something, you can vote. Please do.
    The season will be over by then. It doesn't really effect how I feel about Baseball coming back.

Don't worry. I've been voting in every election since before you were born (unless you are a lot older than I think).

Completely understandable. With all the madness going on, it’s difficult to think about entertainment.

I’m just hoping that when games start, it will be a touchstone to all that is good about baseball. Without getting all James Earl Jones about it, the game really does remind us of all that was once good and can be again. It shifts and changes with the times but I’d like to think it retains its soul.

Anyhow, looking forward to the games and hoping for a little normalcy in all this craziness.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

22. Likes:

dreghorntwo (07-23-2020),Revering4Blue (07-23-2020),Ron Madden (07-23-2020),StRedlegs900 (07-23-2020),SunDeck (07-23-2020)

easier said than done, i know, but perhaps watch the reds to get your mind off that stuff for 3 hours or so?

Turn Off Ads?