Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 7/21/20 at 6:40pm est. Reds vs Detroit - We're BAAACCCKK

Re: 7/21/20 at 6:40pm est. Reds vs Detroit - We're BAAACCCKK

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Tommy > Thom AND Marty put together
    Agree somewhat. Tommy is the generic baseball announcer people seem to love, but he's boring. Matters not to me because I rarely listen to baseball unless I'm on the road in the car. As for the game, the offense was glorious, and after the rookie, so was the pitching against a horrible club who made it too interesting. My guess Iggy will lose the closer job by August. Hope I'm wrong.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
    Tommy > Marty fight me
    I think Tommy is enjoyable to listen to. The broadcast is just fine with these guys. I care more about the game than the announcer, but there was nothing in the broadcast to take away from the game as we've had a lot the last 15 years or so.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

4. Likes:

Cherokee (07-22-2020),Edd Roush (07-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Agree somewhat. Tommy is the generic baseball announcer people seem to love, but he's boring. Matters not to me because I rarely listen to baseball unless I'm on the road in the car. As for the game, the offense was glorious, and after the rookie, so was the pitching against a horrible club who made it too interesting. My guess Iggy will lose the closer job by August. Hope I'm wrong.
    I'll take boring after years of old man "back in my day" complaining. Give me competence instead of "Oh, brother!" too.

Call the game-- let the Cowboy and the Creeper provide color and opinion.

(My guess is that Thrall will find his own style as he gets more acclimated to the seat. I hope he doesn't get curmudgeonly.)

I think the ball carries exceptionally well in the GABP. Iglesias is a fly ball pitcher, at this point in his career. He's typically been serviceable as a closer-- I'm hopeful he can get there-- or get lucky.

6. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-22-2020)

I like the Cowboy I wish he would do TV instead of Welsh.

9. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    I like the Cowboy I wish he would do TV instead of Welsh.
    I'd like Chris Welsh to team with Tommy Thrall but don't know if I can handle Cowboy encouraging Thom when he goes on one of his rants.

Turn Off Ads?