Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Re: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Please point out what I am wrong about. Thank you.
    Believing you know what the hell is going on in Bernie Carbo’s workplace, you weirdo.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Believing you know what the hell is going on in Bernie Carbo’s workplace, you weirdo.
    I only know what he told us. And that story changed a few times. Once I learned all the facts, he and I were in agreement.

You do remember you shut a similar thread down for going to far off topic. You are doing it again, just so you know.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I only know what he told us. And that story changed a few times. Once I learned all the facts, he and I were in agreement.

You do remember you shut a similar thread down for going to far off topic. You are doing it again, just so you know.
    Ok boss. Lol

I am not going to state there is no way those engineers caught it at work or whatever, but the idea anyone knows what people are doing outside of work once they clock out is pretty ridiculous.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

6. Likes:

757690 (08-10-2020),Bourgeois Zee (08-10-2020),dabvu2498 (08-10-2020),Larkin Fan (08-10-2020),mth123 (08-10-2020),Wonderful Monds (08-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I am not going to state there is no way those engineers caught it at work or whatever, but the idea anyone knows what people are doing outside of work once they clock out is pretty ridiculous.
    That’s a good observation. There are 300 workers. 5 tested positive. That’s 1.6%. It’s very reasonable that these 5 contracted it outside of the workplace, independently of each other.

Glad to know we've got some knuckleheads who aren't sure if face coverings help. They do - https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent. The elevated level of stupid in our society is killing people.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (08-10-2020),Larkin Fan (08-10-2020),mth123 (08-10-2020),westofyou (08-10-2020),Wonderful Monds (08-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Oh, you are in charge of a project? And that makes you an expert now? Please. You want to guess how much planning businesses that employ thousands have to go through and what they've done? If you really knew anything, you would understand the limitations of masks. This has been known for decades, and is why there is even a standard for the various levels of masks. I told the full story right from the beginning, but you had to manufacture your own little story around it, as you usually do.

There are only two explanations- One, they are getting together and having little maskless orgies in the janitor's closet and didn't tell anyone, or two, since 30% of the particles get out, they were floating around the air and eventually infected people even though they were following protocol. None of them even had a clue they were infected, and the ones that tested negative don't know if they already had it.

The
    I think its likely that people do everything right and still get infected. The question is how many more might have been infected if they weren't wearing masks. As you said, they are trying to keep the company open. Say no one wears a mask and instead of 5 being infected, 15 got infected by that other 70% that the mask did catch. Then those people infect others, etc. etc.

I don't think anyone sane thinks wearing a mask guarantees that the virus won't spread. We're at a place in our society where we are trying to keep a lid on it to prevent over-running the healthcare system and allowing things to function. That's why we wear a mask. Virus is going to spread until some form of immunity is acquired through whatever means it is acquired. Until then, we need to do the best we can do to keep it from crippling society. That's where the mask comes in.
    Last edited by mth123; 08-10-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

National death total in 2020 is up 200,000 over the average - https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...estimates-show. Hmm, wonder what could be causing that.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

That’s a good observation. There are 300 workers. 5 tested positive. That’s 1.6%. It’s very reasonable that these 5 contracted it outside of the workplace, independently of each other.
    No, five tested positive among the group of engineers I was referring to, not among the general plant population.

No, five tested positive among the group of engineers I was referring to, not among the general plant population.
    That won’t stop his narrative.

I agree with you on the masks. If all they were doing was wearing masks, then an outbreak is likely. Masks are not a panacea. I said we agree.

However, you said that they were staying ten feet away from each other at all time and the ventilation was good. If that was the case, and they were wearing masks, then an outbreak is nearly impossible. One person may get it through random chance, but not five at once.

For five at once to get it, some protocol had to be broken, mostly likely that they weren’t staying ten feet away from each other at all times.

But your story changed to include that five did not get it at once, and that the weren’t staying ten feet apart at all times, since they were close together whenever using the 3D printer. Once that information was revealed, then the story was believable. It is quite possible for five people to get it at different times over time, especially if they are not staying ten feet away from each at all times.

Again, we agree once all the facts were revealed.
    As usual, you are constructing a narrative around what you want to believe. I didn’t say that they got it at once, I didn’t say that they didn’t get it at once. Nobody knows. One person could have unknowingly had it, then four more caught it during the next 10 days. I only said that five tested positive, period, and they were among a group of 30 people who work together every day.

If you ever had to get certification for working in confined spaces, around dangerous chemicals, or where your environment is otherwise compromised, you would understand the limitation of masks. They are only 70% effective, and now the company is taking further steps in moving the engineers out in the general population where the ceilings are 40 feet high and they can stay even further apart, because obviously the masks don’t work well enough in that environment.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think its likely that people do everything right and still get infected. The question is how many more might have been infected if they weren't wearing masks. As you said, they are trying to keep the company open. Say no one wears a mask and instead of 5 being infected, 15 got infected by that other 70% that the mask did catch. Then those people infect others, etc. etc.

I don't think anyone sane thinks wearing a mask guarantees that the virus won't spread. We're at a place in our society where we are trying to keep a lid on it to prevent over-running the healthcare system and allowing things to function. That's why we wear a mask. Virus is going to spread until some form of immunity is acquired through whatever means it is acquired. Until then, we need to do the best we can do to keep it from crippling society. That's where the mask comes in.
    I know. I never said we shouldn’t wear a mask. The only reason I brought this up was because some people here are very vulnerable, and I showed a real world example where everybody was following protocols and wearing a mask, and they still got infected. But if somebody wants to go to the grocery store to get a six pack of Coors light and some beef jerky and think the mask is protecting them, go for it.

Again, I wear a mask all day almost every day, and I don’t like it either. But they have limitations.

16. Likes:

Falls City Beer (08-10-2020)

And the story keeps changing. lol Moving on...

As usual, you are constructing a narrative around what you want to believe. I didn’t say that they got it at once, I didn’t say that they didn’t get it at once. Nobody knows. One person could have unknowingly had it, then four more caught it during the next 10 days. I only said that five tested positive, period, and they were among a group of 30 people who work together every day.

If you ever had to get certification for working in confined spaces, around dangerous chemicals, or where your environment is otherwise compromised, you would understand the limitation of masks. They are only 70% effective, and now the company is taking further steps in moving the engineers out in the general population where the ceilings are 40 feet high and they can stay even further apart, because obviously the masks don’t work well enough in that environment.
    You continue to be gracious to someone hell-bent on misunderstanding you. You’re a better man than I.

I know. I never said we shouldn’t wear a mask. The only reason I brought this up was because some people here are very vulnerable, and I showed a real world example where everybody was following protocols and wearing a mask, and they still got infected. But if somebody wants to go to the grocery store to get a six pack of Coors light and some beef jerky and think the mask is protecting them, go for it.

Again, I wear a mask all day almost every day, and I don’t like it either. But they have limitations.
    Literally no one on here has argued are even suggested that wearing a mask protects you 100%. Everyone understands a mask has limitations. You are tilting at windmills.

20. Likes:

M2 (08-10-2020)

Turn Off Ads?