Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Re: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    First, wearing a mask isn't "science" while not wearing one is "politics".

I don't really care about masks per se, but I don't like people policing each other. I don't want to live in a culture of fear and distrust.
    I think its politics all around. Everything is about politics and everything is about money. Let the scientist talk an when they do, they say wear a mask. That's science enough for me. I feel like I have another 35 to 40 years to live. I don't want somebody giving me Covid because he or she wants to protest something.

JUst do what we need to do until this is over. Play the long game.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think its politics all around. Everything is about politics and everything is about money. Let the scientist talk an when they do, they say wear a mask. That's science enough for me. I feel like I have another 35 to 40 years to live. I don't want somebody giving me Covid because he or she wants to protest something.

JUst do what we need to do until this is over. Play the long game.
    Look, I get the "abundance of caution" argument and masks unlike lockdowns don't put people out of work or infringe unduly on civil liberties, so I'm not that animated by it.

My main fear is that coercive conformity might lead to other things. Specifically, I'm not about to take a rushed, experimental, first-generation vaccine to prevent a disease that has almost zero chance of killing me.

Look, I get the "abundance of caution" argument and masks unlike lockdowns don't put people out of work or infringe unduly on civil liberties, so I'm not that animated by it.

My main fear is that coercive conformity might lead to other things. Specifically, I'm not about to take a rushed, experimental, first-generation vaccine to prevent a disease that has almost zero chance of killing me.
    I’m mostly worried about the disaster capitalism/erosion of civil liberties that will emerge from this. No disaster ever goes to waste for the powerful.

5. Likes:

Rojo (07-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I’m mostly worried about the disaster capitalism/erosion of civil liberties that will emerge from this. No disaster ever goes to waste for the powerful.
    Add a Color Revolution in Oregon.

Add a Color Revolution in Oregon.
    Color revolution in the sense that they ultimately fail? Not really following the logic. (I’m not disagreeing, just not sure where you’re going with it).

First, wearing a mask isn't "science" while not wearing one is "politics".

I don't really care about masks per se, but I don't like people policing each other. I don't want to live in a culture of fear and distrust.
    There is science behind mask wearing. Not wearing it is ignoring science, and most people who are ignoring it are doing so for political reasons.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent

Not wearing masks puts others at risk of disease and death. That is why it is being policed. It is the same as drunk driving. It needs to be policed in order to save lives.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Color revolution in the sense that they ultimately fail? Not really following the logic. (I’m not disagreeing, just not sure where you’re going with it).
    I don't think I'm supposed to discuss it here.

I don't think I'm supposed to discuss it here.
    Ok I will and you can say yes or no. Is it the Trojan horse aspect of injecting capitalism into former Soviet states?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    There is science behind mask wearing. Not wearing it is ignoring science, and most people who are ignoring it are doing so for political reasons.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent

Not wearing masks puts others at risk of disease and death. That is why it is being policed. It is the same as drunk driving. It needs to be policed in order to save lives.
    You've posted that before and as I mentioned before WHO, CDC and Fauci all changed their minds on this after political pressure.

I mean maybe they work, I just think the science is less conclusive than what we're being led to believe. But, ok, everybody wear them. I just don't want to become East Germany over this.

Ok I will and you can say yes or no. Is it the Trojan horse aspect of injecting capitalism into former Soviet states?
    Partially. Can you not post in the politics board?

Partially. Can you not post in the politics board?
    No I can’t

No I can’t
    If you (or anyone) is interested, just refer to the sticky thread in this forum, and we'll approve you.

15. Likes:

Rojo (07-25-2020)

You've posted that before and as I mentioned before WHO, CDC and Fauci all changed their minds on this after political pressure.

I mean maybe they work, I just think the science is less conclusive than what we're being led to believe. But, ok, everybody wear them. I just don't want to become East Germany over this.
    And I pointed out to you that they never really changed their mind about them. As scientists do, they waited until we had evidence since this was a new virus, and when the evidence and data existed, they posted the data and evidence and made a conclusion based on that evidence. The evidence is overwhelming and conclusive.

Anyway, glad you’re behind everyone wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    And I pointed out to you that they never really changed their mind about them.
    I'm sorry, they did all change their minds.

I'm sorry, they did all change their minds.
    They all agreed that masks stops the spread of Covid, recommended mask wearing to everyone at risk, and stated as such. The only issue was whether or not to recommend mask wearing to everyone else.They did change their mind on that, after they saw the evidence and data.

You realize scientist change their minds all the time, as new evidence comes in. It’s called research, and is the heart of all things science.

Turn Off Ads?