Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Re: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It's funny, because Bernie and I were in agreement after he provided more information about his first situation. I am not sure why our bickering continued, lol.

I generally don't like to talk about my work on forums likes this, but since you asked, I will provide a some details. First, it is very different from most other situations, I am producing a movie. We actually started way before Covid was even a thing, had shooting dates in May, but in March postponed them when this all happened. When LA County allowed film shoots again, we scheduled the shoot to start the second week of July. We worked with the LA County health department and the Screen Actors Guild to develop a comprehensive plan to deal with Covid on a set.

The first step was to rent a gigantic house in the middle of nowhere to be the set. This way we were the only ones there the entire time, and we could keep out anyone else. We had to deal with everything Bernie has been talking about, square footage, air flow, etc.. This meant no more than ten people in the house at any one time. It's a character based indie with a small cast, no more than 4 actors on set at any time (we re-wrote scenes to eliminate the need for background actors) so that meant a 6 person crew, which is tinier than than the tiniest skeleton crew I have ever worked with. This meant adding more days, since we would be working more slowly due to the size of the crew.

Everyone on set had to be tested both with a standard test a few days before and a rapid test the day before. Everyone had to provide a negative result from both tests in order to be on set. Everyone had to quarantine themselves after taking the first test. We had a health safety supervisor with medical and infectious disease training on set at all times, who would check everyone before the came into the house for the negative tests, took the temperature and asked them basic questions about where they had been in the last week. She also would monitor all of our actions and be there in case anyone wanted to report anything.

Every actor would be living at the house until their final day on set. The crew would live there full time. Everyone had their own room. Once you were in the house, you could not leave. No exceptions. No one else was allowed in the house during the entire shoot. The house did have a large backyard and patio, so people could hang out there, again providing they stayed six feet apart. Otherwise, everyone was isolated except when they were shooting.

Mask wearing was mandatory for everyone when inside, except for actors who were shooting. We had plenty of hand sanitizer, wipes, gloves, disenfectic on set at all time. We would wipe down the hot set after every take.

We had many other protocols, like no paper scripts, everything electronic, no hair and makeup person, video village had it's own room away from wherever the shooting was happening, personal water bottles, personal pens, only single serving food, individual meals, no catering, and so many more.

Of course, the actors on set could not stay six feet apart, but with all the other measures, especially the testing, that was allowed, and all the actors and SAG agreed to this. There were a few kissing scenes that we had to cut.

Unfortunately, that second week of July was when the testing went out of whack and results were delayed. When we realized this was happening, a few days before the shoot, we postponed it again, and are shooting, fingers crossed, the last week of August. Testing running better now, and the results for the standard test are taking around 36 hours.

If anyone is interested, I will provide an update when we start shooting.
    Legitimately interesting stuff. Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    I don’t think anybody’s even questioning that. We know that.
    I go back to the start of this tangent and it's pretty clear that "we" don't.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I go back to the start of this tangent and it's pretty clear that "we" don't.
    I don't know if you're talking about me, but I clearly do.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It's funny, because Bernie and I were in agreement after he provided more information about his first situation. I am not sure why our bickering continued, lol.

I generally don't like to talk about my work on forums likes this, but since you asked, I will provide a some details. First, it is very different from most other situations, I am producing a movie. We actually started way before Covid was even a thing, had shooting dates in May, but in March postponed them when this all happened. When LA County allowed film shoots again, we scheduled the shoot to start the second week of July. We worked with the LA County health department and the Screen Actors Guild to develop a comprehensive plan to deal with Covid on a set.

The first step was to rent a gigantic house in the middle of nowhere to be the set. This way we were the only ones there the entire time, and we could keep out anyone else. We had to deal with everything Bernie has been talking about, square footage, air flow, etc.. This meant no more than ten people in the house at any one time. It's a character based indie with a small cast, no more than 4 actors on set at any time (we re-wrote scenes to eliminate the need for background actors) so that meant a 6 person crew, which is tinier than than the tiniest skeleton crew I have ever worked with. This meant adding more days, since we would be working more slowly due to the size of the crew.

Everyone on set had to be tested both with a standard test a few days before and a rapid test the day before. Everyone had to provide a negative result from both tests in order to be on set. Everyone had to quarantine themselves after taking the first test. We had a health safety supervisor with medical and infectious disease training on set at all times, who would check everyone before the came into the house for the negative tests, took the temperature and asked them basic questions about where they had been in the last week. She also would monitor all of our actions and be there in case anyone wanted to report anything.

Every actor would be living at the house until their final day on set. The crew would live there full time. Everyone had their own room. Once you were in the house, you could not leave. No exceptions. No one else was allowed in the house during the entire shoot. The house did have a large backyard and patio, so people could hang out there, again providing they stayed six feet apart. Otherwise, everyone was isolated except when they were shooting.

Mask wearing was mandatory for everyone when inside, except for actors who were shooting. We had plenty of hand sanitizer, wipes, gloves, disenfectic on set at all time. We would wipe down the hot set after every take.

We had many other protocols, like no paper scripts, everything electronic, no hair and makeup person, video village had it's own room away from wherever the shooting was happening, personal water bottles, personal pens, only single serving food, individual meals, no catering, and so many more.

Of course, the actors on set could not stay six feet apart, but with all the other measures, especially the testing, that was allowed, and all the actors and SAG agreed to this. There were a few kissing scenes that we had to cut.

Unfortunately, that second week of July was when the testing went out of whack and results were delayed. When we realized this was happening, a few days before the shoot, we postponed it again, and are shooting, fingers crossed, the last week of August. Testing running better now, and the results for the standard test are taking around 36 hours.

If anyone is interested, I will provide an update when we start shooting.
    This sounds similar to Tyler Perry's decisions in Atlanta (though on a much, much smaller scale.).

https://www.globalresearch.ca/sweden...ocates/5720802

Sweden registers one Covid death in the first ten days of August. Why? How did they tame it?

7. Likes:

Rojo (08-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    This sounds similar to Tyler Perry's decisions in Atlanta (though on a much, much smaller scale.).
    I am not sure if I am complimented or insulted by being compared to Tyler Perry

It’s all the “bubble” concept. Basically the only plan that has a chance of being successful, and even then there are risks. This is why I was skeptical of MLB’s plan from day one.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

We touched on college football here and I assume this is a major development for many on this board: Big Ten cancels 2020 football season, hopes to play in spring of 2021. Doesn't affect me, but bummed for those who care intensely. Also bummed for the local economies in those college towns.

Two quick things to note - the college presidents get to work off of the best information and they pretty clearly understand liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Rojo has definitely directly made that assertion in the last few days in this very thread
    I don't know that they DON'T work, but I'm skeptical.

So are the leaders of Sweden, Denmark and the Netherlands. Real ****hole countries.

Maybe we could stop pretending that this is settled and the only ones questioning it are "muh freedums" deplorables?

Texas has gotten some mention here. An epidemiologist weighed in yesterday. https://twitter.com/ashishkjha/statu...76667776356352.

5 days ago, I tweeted that COVID trends in Texas were concerning

Over past few days, data from TX has gone from bad to worse

And I don't understand. Why is testing falling off a cliff?

But the big picture here is this:

Texas is in trouble and has to turn things around

Thread

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/12/o...gtype=Homepage

Kids can transmit it, but not very well. The story changes by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/12/o...gtype=Homepage

Kids can transmit it, but not very well. The story changes by the day.
    Probably will keep changing for some time too, pesky f'ing bug that does some goofy things and as we know goofy stuff creates data and the more data there is the more noise there is in said data.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Probably will keep changing for some time too, pesky f'ing bug that does some goofy things and as we know goofy stuff creates data and the more data there is the more noise there is in said data.
    All these discoveries in real time have helped create a lot of confusion. And presented an opening for Trump and others to demagogue. It’s a mess.

15. Likes:

mth123 (08-13-2020),paintmered (08-12-2020),Rojo (08-14-2020),westofyou (08-12-2020)

All these discoveries in real time have helped create a lot of confusion. And presented an opening for Trump and others to demagogue. It’s a mess.
    Completely agree

That’s a leadership problem, not a problem with how science works.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    That’s a leadership problem, not a problem with how science works.
    Yes, so I’ve heard.

Turn Off Ads?