Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Re: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    The masks only block 70% of particles.

They were not going out together as friends. This isn’t a frat house. They work, and then they go home. Again, the positive cases were restricted to this area of the plant where are these same people work together every day.

But yes, if you want to say they are all lying, that’s fine too.
    Do you know this for a fact?

If so, how so?

(Because I know a few engineers, and they do like to go get drinks. Together, most often. And right after work, too. And during work, if they could. And before work, if they happen to work night shift. And definitely on the weekends.)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Do you know this for a fact?

If so, how so?

(Because I know a few engineers, and they do like to go get drinks. Together, most often. And right after work, too. And during work, if they could. And before work, if they happen to work night shift. And definitely on the weekends.)
    Because I work there three days a week, and they asked me also if I had any contact with them after work. They did an investigation, and determined that the infection happened at work. That’s why I brought this up.

Because I work there three days a week, and they asked me also if I had any contact with them after work. They did an investigation, and determined that the infection happened at work. That’s why I brought this up.
    Wow, I've never seen an investigation like that. I've also never been privy to the conversation they might have had or the findings. You must be very highly thought of at your workplace for them to have that much trust in you. (Ie, to admit it was their problem.) They could get sued big-time if this came out (assuming they pay for the safety materials).

Wow, I've never seen an investigation like that. I've also never been privy to the conversation they might have had or the findings. You must be very highly thought of at your workplace for them to have that much trust in you. (Ie, to admit it was their problem.) They could get sued big-time if this came out (assuming they pay for the safety materials).
    Im feeling backhanded compliment here and if I’m wrong pleassse correct me.

God, and what kind of investigation do you think it was? All they wanted to do was figure out where this came from so they can improve their processes if necessary. They asked if people spent time together outside of work, if they can think of any other place they had been exposed, etc. They asked me the same thing, because I work with a couple of them on projects. I also told them that at other facilities I go to I always have to wear a mask and they always do a survey and take my temperature every day when I go there. All they’re doing is trying to mitigate the risk, and keep it from spreading. No talk of lawsuits was brought up. Nobody did anything wrong, because they were following protocols. There was a case at a local restaurant a month ago where several employees turned up positive, and they did the same sort of thing so they can figure out what’s going on. This is all new to all of us, except for a few experts.

7. Likes:

Falls City Beer (08-10-2020)

It sounds like a basic contract tracing, which is likely. However, contract tracing wouldn’t lead to a determination that it came from the workplace, unless they had proof that it did. They don’t or shouldn’t draw inferences or make assumptions. They just gather the facts. If the company drew any conclusions not based on hard evidence, they would be at fault.

If this disease is so contagious and easy to spread, there is no way they could conclude that people didn’t get it from outside the workplaces, even if they acted properly.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

This is all new to all of us, except for a few experts.
    And they’re all here. On Redszone.

I can't read your link, unfortunately, but if it's the same story as was on CNN, I can respond.

IIRC, the kids didn't wear masks at all. That would be a massive difference between the two cases.

Too, as per human nature, we all screw up occasionally. I know I do. I touch my face, and I know I shouldn't. I use hand sanitizer like it's going out of style, but then sometimes don't. I was my hands so much they're chapped, but sometimes I might not. This virus is insidious. It doesn't take days or hours or minutes off. If we mess up, we get sick. Especially when there are 30 - 50 little incubators around. Maybe a mask wasn't quite right. Maybe after the kids are gone, the three took off their masks and talked about their days with one of them unknowingly sick. (I suspect that's the most likely explanation here, but don't know.)

Masks aren't 100% effective. I accept that.

But they are effective, in conjunction with everything else, to limit the virus enough so that more of us might outlast this thing and live until we find a vaccine.
    Basically it was a story about 3 teachers working in a classroom.to teach online classes remotely following all protocols and they all still caught it. One died. This was with no kids in the school.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Im feeling backhanded compliment here and if I’m wrong pleassse correct me.
    In today's America, suing a workplace who admitted culpability is almost a given. Companies protect their own assets and keep things remarkably close to the vest. Even those who should know often don't. Bernie, who's not even a full-time worker at the company in question, has it all explained to him by the powers that be. That is indeed a remarkable occurrence, as many of us, I'd bet, have histories of working at plants wherein nothing was ever explained. At all. I've worked at a variety of plants over the years and have never had an experience like the one he's describing. I find it remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    Basically it was a story about 3 teachers working in a classroom.to teach online classes remotely following all protocols and they all still caught it. One died. This was with no kids in the school.
    Ah. Online makes a difference.

I'd probably go with human nature, then.

They tried to be good, no doubt.

But no one, in my experience, is ever 100 percent perfect. (And, sadly, the virus is really good at sussing out our mistakes and making us pay. Dearly.)

In today's America, suing a workplace who admitted culpability is almost a given. Companies protect their own assets and keep things remarkably close to the vest. Even those who should know often don't. Bernie, who's not even a full-time worker at the company in question, has it all explained to him by the powers that be. That is indeed a remarkable occurrence, as many of us, I'd bet, have histories of working at plants wherein nothing was ever explained. At all. I've worked at a variety of plants over the years and have never had an experience like the one he's describing. I find it remarkable.
    The company would only be culpable if they were not following standard procedures, i.e. not requiring masks, letting people congregate, etc. they have gone above and beyond to keep the plant safe. They are not admitting fault, because they were following every recommendation given to them.

Even when a worker is injured from an accident in a plant, sometimes it really is just an accident and nobody did anything wrong. They still investigate to try to find better procedures so it stops happening in the future. This is all common sense.

Ah. Online makes a difference.

I'd probably go with human nature, then.

They tried to be good, no doubt.

But no one, in my experience, is ever 100 percent perfect. (And, sadly, the virus is really good at sussing out our mistakes and making us pay. Dearly.)
    Obviously, these precautions are new and there is a adjustment period, which in turn leaves people vulnerable if they really haven't got the proper training for the precautions.

The company would only be culpable if they were not following standard procedures, i.e. not requiring masks, letting people congregate, etc. they have gone above and beyond to keep the plant safe. They are not admitting fault, because they were following every recommendation given to them.

Even when a worker is injured from an accident in a plant, sometimes it really is just an accident and nobody did anything wrong. They still investigate to try to find better procedures so it stops happening in the future. This is all common sense.
    Hey, man. You're the expert here. I trust whatever you have to say.

Bernie knows but I imagine there’s no written document “they got COVID” at the place of work. Maybe speculated but so long as weasel words are smartly included it doesn’t mean the company admitted anything.

Maybe they did but I’d be suprised.

Interesting that the CFB media seems to be somewhat cheerleading a return to play, while we saw MLB media mostly poo-poo the idea of baseball returning a month ago.

Turn Off Ads?