Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Re: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

I've largely stayed away from the mask stuff. I question their efficacy, but in the end my only point would be that people shouldn't be attacking each other over it.

According to this CDC table, deaths peaked in mid-April and have been coming down since.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/index.htm

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well... I will strongly encourage my kids not to attend UK, I can tell you that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I don't remember this April 2019 lockdown.
    Whoops, really misread that one - I thought it was the lockdown earlier this year. Egg on my face

Just got word, I’m officially working from home for rest of 2020 at the minimum. Company of 15,000.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Just got word, I’m officially working from home for rest of 2020 at the minimum. Company of 15,000.
    Wait? Did you send management UKWhoDey's charts? Have they lost their GD minds?

7. Likes:

mole44 (07-23-2020),RedTeamGo! (07-22-2020),WrongVerb (07-22-2020)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Wait? Did you send management UKWhoDey's charts? Have they lost their GD minds?
    RedTeamGo's company is trying to virtue signal to make [redacted] look bad so [redacted] will lose the [redacted].

9. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (07-22-2020),RedTeamGo! (07-22-2020),WrongVerb (07-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    We're almost 100% back in the office. Can't for the life of me figure out why.

Yet another thing the government is doing right in the Covid fight. Early contract to assure supply

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/22/us-g...s-vaccine.html

Mine has a phased plan they've been incrementally stepping in to allow more people into the office at any time. They've been conservative about it as it is, but they pumped the brakes on it again today.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

They call me "chef"

My wife's work is keeping them far, far away. My anecdotal observation is that workplaces that would require a full operations/production shut down from 1 case are treating this much more $eriou$ly than jobs that can evade a full operations/financial freeze in the event of some cases/deaths amongst their employees.

It’s a good thing Republicans are considering only a short-term two month extension of unemployment benefits lol. That’ll be enough.

15. Likes:

Rojo (07-22-2020)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Mine has a phased plan they've been incrementally stepping in to allow more people into the office at any time. They've been conservative about it as it is, but they pumped the brakes on it again today.
    Had a friend's company decide last month that the entire company was now working from home, forever. They will still have some office space available for team meetings if in-person meetings are required in the future, but yeah.

Family member works at a place that had 95% of their employees working from home and began to set in motion a plan to try and slowly start bringing people back to the office early this month. They've pushed it back twice already.

My wife and I are both working from home for at least the next 2 months.

Today's Texas numbers so far. 10217 new cases, 218 deaths. I'm doubting the leading indicators.

1207 deaths so far today in the US. over 146,000 in six months.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Had a friend's company decide last month that the entire company was now working from home, forever. They will still have some office space available for team meetings if in-person meetings are required in the future, but yeah.

Family member works at a place that had 95% of their employees working from home and began to set in motion a plan to try and slowly start bringing people back to the office early this month. They've pushed it back twice already.
    This was kind of already happening with co-working spaces. I wrote about this a couple of years ago. Commercial real estate looks kind of doomed. Can't say that I'm shedding a ton of tears.

I mean the promise of the digital revolution was de-centralization. Oddly, over the next two years it lead to the opposite in places like SF, LA, Seattle, Boston, etc...

Still, I'm awfully worried about cities. I'm an urban guy but if a lot of the social amenities -- cafes, restaurants, bars -- are shuttered, I don't know if I see the point. But maybe they'll get cheap again like the 70's.

Turn Off Ads?