Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Re: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    How are you dancing around the hundreds of thousands of dead people when you say things like that, man?
    The people who die at the age people usually die with the commorbidities that usually kill people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It's incredible that other countries have literally shown us how to do this and we are just too stupid, stubborn, selfish, GREEDY, and arrogant to follow that plan. I really, truly don't even know what to say anymore.
    Which countries?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    The people who die at the age people usually die with the commorbidities that usually kill people?
    I'm just going to say it and let the chips fall where they fall: Rojo, you sound like a truly terrible person.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Which countries?
    So you think in the US it’s just 150,000 old folks who would’ve been dead by the end of the year otherwise or whatever?

150,000 dead while we’re actually doing things to limit the spread and limit deaths that is, god knows how many more times that it would be if we just did nothing and “let our immune systems handle it”
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 08-06-2020 at 11:42 PM.

It's incredible that other countries have literally shown us how to do this and we are just too stupid, stubborn, selfish, GREEDY, and arrogant to follow that plan. I really, truly don't even know what to say anymore.
    Yeah, which countries are those? The biggest difference here is that we didn't protect the nursing homes, plus we have a very obese and unfit population compared to other countries. Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Yeah, which countries are those? The biggest difference here is that we didn't protect the nursing homes, plus we have a very obese and unfit population compared to other countries. Sad, but true.
    The biggest difference was that other countries waited until they got the virus under control before reopening.

The second biggest difference is that other countries, because they had the virus under control before they opened, could better perform contract tracing whenever an outbreak occurred.

The third biggest difference is mask wearing. The countries that had the most mask wearing reduced cases and deaths significantly.

And here is the famous chart, posted once again, that shows the difference:

Attachment 16370
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I'm just going to say it and let the chips fall where they fall: Rojo, you sound like a truly terrible person.
    The lockdown killed people. That's not actually debatable. So we're arguing numbers.

My argument is that the lockdown killed more people than it saved. Prove me wrong.

So you think in the US it’s just 150,000 old folks who would’ve been dead by the end of the year otherwise or whatever?
    I think Covid killed more people than should've died. I don't think lockdowns saved anyone.

Early on, it became clear to anyone paying attention that nursing homes and the aged should've been the prime focus.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The biggest difference was that other countries waited until they got the virus under control before reopening.

The second biggest difference is that other countries, because they had the virus under control before they opened, could better perform contract tracing whenever an outbreak occurred.

The third biggest difference is mask wearing. The countries that had the most mask wearing reduced cases and deaths significantly.

Attachment 16370
    One difference, plus another difference, then another difference.

Silly.

Sweden's at NOTHING, no deaths.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I think Covid killed more people than should've died. I don't think lockdowns saved anyone.

Early on, it became clear to anyone paying attention that nursing homes and the aged should've been the prime focus.
    I’m sorry man, there’s zero evidence that lockdowns have killed over 150,000 people in the US since March

Attachment 16370
    No, you have no idea what you are talking about. We simply have far more vulnerable people, which has resulted in more deaths per capita.

No, you have no idea what you are talking about. We simply have far more vulnerable people, which has resulted in more deaths per capita.
    Of course you lead with a personal insult. I am bowing out because I refuse to engage with someone as rude as you.

But the data is out there, overwhelming and backs up my points 100%. Feel free to do some research, you might learn something.

I’m sorry man, there’s zero evidence that lockdowns have killed over 150,000 people in the US since March
    Look, I hate to post one study like it's an end-all, because no one test is an end-all.

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/news-events/...-covid-deaths/

The new study, co-authored by Karligash Glass, Professor of Financial Economics and a respected economic data scientist within Loughborough University’s School of Business and Economics, Professor Anthony Glass (Professor of Managerial Economics, the University of Sheffield), Sam Williams (founder and Director of Economic Insight) and Alasdair Crookes (Consultant at Economic Insight) proposes an enhanced approach to crunching the COVID numbers.

The authors have used statistical techniques to better identify deaths due to COVID, applying the excess death framework more robustly and controlling for other factors that affect mortality. The key findings are as follows:

Actual deaths due to COVID are some 54% or 63% lower than implied by the standard excess deaths measure, and reported excess deaths likely include a significant number of non-COVID deaths.

While it is well known that COVID deaths are concentrated in the elderly, the study finds them to be particularly acute in the very elderly (75-84 and 85+ years old).

Over the lockdown period as a whole Government policy has increased mortality rather than reduced it.

7,500 die every day. I'm not saying lockdown killed them all.
    Last edited by Rojo; 08-07-2020 at 12:30 AM.

Of course you lead with a personal insult. I am bowing out because I refuse to engage with someone as rude as you.

But the data is out there, overwhelming and backs up my points 100%. Feel free to do some research, you might learn something.
    I'm not rude. You ignore our demographics, and make assumptions about other countries that you have no clue about. For instance, Germany opened up even earlier than we did, has a higher population density, and has no more of a propensity for wearing masks than we do. They have far fewer deaths per capita partly because they count deaths differently, but mostly because the don't have so many people who are obese and with diabetes. I'm on the phone with my brother in law all the time to get updates, and it really hasn't been handled differently there. The only difference is tracking, because they are tracked much more closely than we are on a regular day, but if we exchanged 80 million of us with 80 million of them, they would have a handful.

Try to look up information that doesn't align with your memes. You might learn something.

16. Likes:

Rojo (08-07-2020)

I'm not rude... Try to look up information that doesn't align with your memes. You might learn something.
    Lol. And you do realize there are other countries in the world besides Germany and the US?

Turn Off Ads?